Steal My Avatar Hair

sengschick

The Bun Master
Hi Ladies /images/graemlins/wave.gif. I promised several of you how-to's on my avatar beehive bun. Thank you for all the compliments and kudos /images/graemlins/kiss.gif. You ladies are the best. Well I finally took pics and gave instruction. The instructions are limited by the character limit in my album, so please ask questions if the pics aren't clear enough. My hair is medium length, so trust me, you can do it. My hair was straighter in the album than it was in the avatar. Having bulkier hair allows you to make more sections and build a more regal beehive /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Practice makes perfect, so let me know how your efforts turn out.

The Beehive Bun How-To

~SC

I love it! But, I realized after looking at your pics that I have a problem. I'm LAZY! LOL! Beautiful hair! And you are beautiful, too!

That is FAN_TAB_U_LOUS.
51.gif
When My hair gets longer, maybe I will attempt this style. It looks good and your hair looks great too.

What a great style! I will definitely try it--wonder what it will look like with curly hair...hmmm...I may do it so that it sits a little further back on my head though... /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Wow that is so pretty Sengs /images/graemlins/love.gif...thanks for sharing /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Hey I've been waiting for this! Your hair is beautiful and I love the step-by-step instructions you illustrated. Thanks sengschick /images/graemlins/kisses.gif

PS: I love the pin curl ponytail too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Ladies, you all are so sweet. Sorry it took me so long to do. /images/graemlins/look.gif

@ Model: I think it's better w/more textured hair. But it's harder to control and make neat. It would be great w/your big rollersets.

@Good2uuu: It's easy trust me. If it wasn't I would be doin' it! :non:

@Cbuns: Thanks /images/graemlins/kiss.gif. My pin curls didn't make it through the day for some reason. I think my hair was too straight. It was cute while it lasted though. Maybe I swung all the curl out. LOL /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Great! THanks for sharing! I've always like this style but taught it look extremely difficult to do, with your instructions I think I may give it a go!

[ QUOTE ]
Oh My Damn! I will DEFINATELY b trying this. i have a party to go to on fri. nite.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif @ Oh My Damn!
Take pics please!!! I wanna see what it looks like on longer hair. You should be able to make a beautiful beehive w/lots of overlapping pieces. Just tuck your excess hair in and under.

Thanks again ladies. For all of those that are experimenting, please share. I really want to know how it goes. Please be careful w/the hair comb and don't use it w/too much regularity, as it will cause breakage w/repeated overuse. /images/graemlins/nono.gif

MsP,
I had to try several times. I don't think Yahoo likes more than one person looking at the photos at one time.

SC,
Your hair is absolutely lovely and has gotten soooo thick. I almost want to run home now so I can try this!

@MsP: Sorry it's being fussy, but I refuse to pay to post pics. I'm already a PJ!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

@PLover: I used to, but the fingers/teeth in that comb are no joke /images/graemlins/nono.gif. They aren't kind when used regularly. I can do it w/a regular ponyholder, but it's not as full and plush. My everyday style is a french twist of some sort or a wash n' wear or twist-out up-do.

I took pics of my bun too b/c they look like SoutherGirls when I use that same comb, but I took a pic of the wall. Next time I'll be patient and wait on the Mister so you can see how versatile that little comb is /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Sengschick, I'm so thrilled that you FINALLY posted instructions, I'm actually misty-eyed with excitement. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif Can't wait to try this out! Thank you sooooo much for sharing. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

thanks for posting! ive also always wondered how u did that hairstyle. I might have to try this when my hair gets longer. by the way, your hair is lovely! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks again Ladies /images/graemlins/Rose.gif. I'm happy it was helpful.

@Nonie: /images/graemlins/kiss.gif, for being so sweet and patient w/me!

@DSD & Pooh: I think you can do this if you have neck length hair, but certainly if you have shoulder length hair. My length has always been in my crown so maybe that's why it looks longer, but it's just 18.5" from hairline to ends now.

I've alway wondered how you created that style. Thanks so much for sharing. I will definitely be trying this style!

Back