Staying Away from From Nature With Love -- They are scary!

tryn2growmyhair

On their website they have advertised fragrance oils, so I bought some and asked them what was in the fragrance oil. They repeatedly refused to let me know what was in them saying it was "proprietary". Huh?! What's proprietary about letting someone know if they are selling a fragrance oil that has mineral oil as a base or jojoba oil as a base? To me there is a huge difference. They still refused to let me know what the difference was and were super rude to boot. I will never buy anything from them again, they use deceptive advertising. They finally admitted to me over the phone that there is NOTHING natural about their fragrance oils and that many of them are completely synthetic. It would have been better if they had put this on the website, so I would have known to have stayed away from them and gone somewhere else (for instance, auracacia, I believe, sells rose absolute in a base of jojoba oil, this is natural and is also a fragrance).

I hate false advertising and bad customer service :mad:!

I had a bad experience with this company as well. It was several years ago when I'd just started buying things like shea butter online. I ordered two or more items from them, and when my package arrived, something was missing. So, I called and very politely told the woman on the phone. I thought it was just a mistake and someone would nicely say they would send it right out, so I had no reason to be angry or rude.

Well, the woman on the phone was very rude and told me the item "had to be" in my package because they put it in there. When I told her again that it wasn't, she reluctantly said she would go check. When she came back, she flippantly said something like, "It's not in there because it's on back order. 'John' said you'll be getting it." :ohwell:

She didn't apologize for her rudeness, or for the fact that she initially insinuated that I was lying. She didn't offer an estimated time as to when it would be sent, or ask if I'd like a refund instead. Plus, all they had to do was include a slip of paper in the package saying that the item was on back order. Then I wouldn't have wondered where it was and had to call to ask them in the first place. :ohwell:

Whew -- I had forgotten about that and it was so long ago. I'm getting angry all over again. :lol: Today, if something like that happened, I would write to complain. But back then, I didn't do that. Plus, the woman was so rude and dismissive that I thought she must be an owner of the comapny. I didn't think a regular employee would have the nerve to treat a polite customer that way. I thought the company must be very small for an owner to actually be answering the phone. So, I thought it would be useless for me to try to complain to someone 'above' her. Now I wish I had.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know about them!

Poor customer service should NEVER be tolerated. Any person in business should realize that every penny from their customers is what keeps them in business. If you don't know how to treat people w/ respect then, you should NOT be in business!

I don't blame any of you for not doing business w/ them, again. I'm not very familiar w/ that company, but, will not be doing business w/ them.

I have always had good experiences ordering from FNWL and will probably continue to do so. I have spoken to customer service and they were always very nice to me...perhaps they knew not to mess with me:grin:

ETA: How are they engaging in false advertising? I am not making the connection.

Last edited:
bri123 said:
I agree the customer service is really bad. I won't be ordering from them again.
bri123
Thanks for letting me know. I thought that I might be the only one but I really felt that I should let everyone on the board know because we all invest so much money and time in our hair and I did not want another sister to be caught out purchasing from a company that might be being misleading about the products that it is selling and rude on top of it :mad:.

renee_n_3000 said:
I had a bad experience with this company as well. It was several years ago when I'd just started buying things like shea butter online. I ordered two or more items from them, and when my package arrived, something was missing. So, I called and very politely told the woman on the phone. I thought it was just a mistake and someone would nicely say they would send it right out, so I had no reason to be angry or rude.

Well, the woman on the phone was very rude and told me the item "had to be" in my package because they put it in there. When I told her again that it wasn't, she reluctantly said she would go check. When she came back, she flippantly said something like, "It's not in there because it's on back order. 'John' said you'll be getting it." :ohwell:

She didn't apologize for her rudeness, or for the fact that she initially insinuated that I was lying. She didn't offer an estimated time as to when it would be sent, or ask if I'd like a refund instead. Plus, all they had to do was include a slip of paper in the package saying that the item was on back order. Then I wouldn't have wondered where it was and had to call to ask them in the first place. :ohwell:

Whew -- I had forgotten about that and it was so long ago. I'm getting angry all over again. :lol: Today, if something like that happened, I would write to complain. But back then, I didn't do that. Plus, the woman was so rude and dismissive that I thought she must be an owner of the comapny. I didn't think a regular employee would have the nerve to treat a polite customer that way. I thought the company must be very small for an owner to actually be answering the phone. So, I thought it would be useless for me to try to complain to someone 'above' her. Now I wish I had.
This is similar to my experience! You know what, I bet they were hoping that you would not notice the package was missing -- at least with Vitanet they notified me to let me know that they did not have the products that I had ordered! It sounds like they were trying to pull some downright shady ish on you!

Your experience was similar to mine -- they were rude and they simply did not care! It was outrageous!

I cant stand companies that misrepresent what they are selling -- esp. when it might affect my hair or my health! I will not be ordering from them again.

I stopped shopping with them when my package came damaged and they said that "it happens" again no offer to reship a replacement or refund. That was several years ago. I was considering trying them again but after reading this thread I guess I'll stick with the incredibly slow shipping from camden-grey.
Thanks ladies!

i order from themall the time and have never had a problem when i received a package the shealoe was missing they immediately sent it out i wonder why they were so rude at any rate never spend your money where it is not appreciated .

Quinny said:
I stopped shopping with them when my package came damaged and they said that "it happens" again no offer to reship a replacement or refund. That was several years ago. I was considering trying them again but after reading this thread I guess I'll stick with the incredibly slow shipping from camden-grey.
Thanks ladies!
You and other posters have convinced me that this company just has no respsect and I will NEVER purchase anything from them again. I'd rather shop with a company that was slow and respectful than rude like FNWL. Anyhow, I found FNWLs shipping to be slow too.

Quinny said:
Thanks ladies!

I don't think I'll buy from them again. For some reason I've always wondered about their products but I've never had a customer service problem with them. I've only ordered from them 2 times so maybe it would have happened. I can't see myself buying from such a rude company whether it happened to me or not.

What's a better place to order butters and oil?

I had a bad experience with FNWL this past summer. They sent me a package through UPS. Well, UPS always finds it convenient to show up at my place whenever I'm at work. After coming three times, even after I signed the slip to give the UPS guy permission to just leave the package, the package was sent back to FNWL anyway. So I called FNWL and they said I would have to pay S&H *again* if I wanted the package. Then I said I'd just like a refund and they told me that I could only get a partial refund. I was ripped off and it was a good thing that I hadn't ordered a lot of stuff.

The last product that I bought from FNWL was the Monoi de Tahiti oil. There was the unscented, jasmine, and some other other fragrant MT oil. I got the unscented kind because I knew that the other had have synthetic stuff in it. I'm going to check out Whole Foods one day to see if they have Modoi de Tahiti oil. It's one thing to be overpriced, but to rip people off and be rude is something different.

blue_flower said:
I had a bad experience with FNWL this past summer. They sent me a package through UPS. Well, UPS always finds it convenient to show up at my place whenever I'm at work. After coming three times, even after I signed the slip to give the UPS guy permission to just leave the package, the package was sent back to FNWL anyway. So I called FNWL and they said I would have to pay S&H *again* if I wanted the package. Then I said I'd just like a refund and they told me that I could only get a partial refund. I was ripped off and it was a good thing that I hadn't ordered a lot of stuff.

The last product that I bought from FNWL was the Monoi de Tahiti oil. There was the unscented, jasmine, and some other other fragrant MT oil. I got the unscented kind because I knew that the other had have synthetic stuff in it. I'm going to check out Whole Foods one day to see if they have Modoi de Tahiti oil. It's one thing to be overpriced, but to rip people off and be rude is something different.

I am sorry to hear about all of you ladies horrible experiences with this vendor. I hate:mad: UPS too and now I refused to order from a vendor that offers UPS as their carrier. I prefer to use USPS or Fedex because if I request that my package should be left in a safe place if I am not home to sign for it then they listen and acknowledge my request. With UPS, even when I am home I can't receive my damn package because I live on the 2nd floor of my apartment and they refuse to ring my buzzer to let me know that they are downstairs so that I can quickly run downstairs to receive my package. Even though I leave a note with instructions regarding which buzzer to ring and also to request for them to leave my package because I won't be able to sign for it they still do not follow my instructions and then they try to redeliver the package a million times.

When I call their customer service to find out why they cant just simply leave my package they say they cannot grant my request because it's a new policy that there is always a signature required for every package (even if it's ground service) and that I am not their customer, the shipper is their customer.

I understand that it's a way of keeping my package safe but for Christ sake I don't want to wait a whole week for one package to get to me especially if I pay for expedited shipping or even worse have it returned to the vendor. They just drive me nuts:mad: .

I know this is kind of off topic but I just got upset all over again and I had to vent after reading your post blue_flower.

blue_flower said:

Now, Im really upset because I also ordered the monoi -- I ordered Tiare -- and they did not tell me that it had synthetic fragrances in it. Also, there is something weird going on with it. It is always solid :eek:. All of my other coconut oils, and I have used spectrum naturals organic and a virgin coconut oil that I got from the health food store -- ALWAYS melt at least partially. This has its own different texture and never melts. And, get this, I ordered Monoi from Vitanet and NOT ONLY was it much bigger (you get 4 to five times more when you compare the ounces at the $5 (approximately) price) it also melted from time to time and had a stronger tiare smell. I'm through with these people.

blue_flower said:

That is really jacked up. I am so sorry that that happened to you. How are they getting away with all of this?

Back