started off EL, finally claiming APL (pic heavy)

WorkInProgress88

hey ladies, i hardly post over here, just thought i'd share my story with you guys.

July 2007 i went to the salon to get a relaxer and trim and left with this haircut. Length: EL

2py3uck.jpg

2qn0bc6.jpg

I would have to say i was impressed with my service i just really hated the fact that i STAYED having short hair with the constant trim. (i have a big head, and the short hair wasn't making it any better, lol)

So after searching the internet for ways to grow healthy long hair, i found this board. I immediately started buying products and decided on a protective style to stretch my relaxer. I had my little sister throw some box braids in my hair and stretched for the first time for 5 months.

Here's my hair after a 5 month stretch:
t85awm.jpg

29c7u5c.jpg

rwq3ko.jpg

I dont know when this picture was taken, it was sometime after Feb 08'
feky0y.jpg

After Feb 08' i continued to wear box braids and in Aug 08' i got my first weave install until my next relaxer.

The results of my Nov.08 Relaxer
w15gee.jpg

20ksj93.jpg

Once again i added another install and relaxed Feb.09. During this time my hair was growing all out of order. So i told my self that i would trim my hair at the next relaxer
rab18i.jpg

July 09' Relaxer and trim results
1zwp5eg.jpg

w9ip1v.jpg

Ok so fast foward to today. I am currently 5wks post relaxer and i decided to flat iron my hair for an event. Im excited to say im FINALLY APL
2e5011y.jpg

2mws0hx.jpg

oh how i love this board

Even at El your hair looked so healthy and shiny. You'll be BSL in no time. Congrats! Do you have a length goal?

Back