Ssshowercap.com

So did I! Even though they never responded to my discount request.

@Pokahontas It is just a stylish shower cap, but since I wear my shower cap around the house pretty often I wanted something cute. For me it's the same as paying more for cute loungewear.
I think where I got confused at is on the site they're wearing it like a turban hat with their hair down. I'm like is it a shower cap or a hat lol. Just buy a turban and stick a cheap shower cap under it girl lol.

This is actually making me want a turban now. Off to eBay.

I think where I got confused at is on the site they're wearing it like a turban hat with their hair down. I'm like is it a shower cap or a hat lol. Just buy a turban and stick a cheap shower cap under it girl lol.

This is actually making me want a turban now. Off to eBay.
Yep! The website wants to make it cute and stylish, which it is, but when all your hair is tucked underneath it you still look like an old woman in a cute shower cap. :lachen:

Ok ladies, it arrived today. I must say I am not that impressed with the cap. They did ship quick and it arrived fast. However, it is very thin. The inside is made of the kind of thin plastic that old swim caps are made out it. There is elastic around the back but IMO it does not stretch that much if you have really big hair. I also think the elastic might wear out and the stitches might rip. It is not worth $43.00 maybe $18. I have not used it yet so I will need to use it to give a thorough review. This is simply my first impression at a glance.

Ok ladies, it arrived today. I must say I am not that impressed with the cap. They did ship quick and it arrived fast. However, it is very thin. The inside is made of the kind of thin plastic that old swim caps are made out it. There is elastic around the back but IMO it does not stretch that much if you have really big hair. I also think the elastic might wear out and the stitches might rip. It is not worth $43.00 maybe $18. I have not used it yet so I will need to use it to give a thorough review. This is simply my first impression at a glance.
Oh no! I'm disappointed. Did you get a shipping notice? I ordered last week and it's been radio silence ever since.

If I don't like it I'll save it for a white elephant gifting occasion.

Thanks for the review!!!

I had planned on buying one with my tax refund, but now I'm not too sure

UPDATE:

The founder contacted me and apologized. She assured me that this slow shipping/ no communication has never happened before and she issued my refund but is still sending me my cap.

I wanted to post this in case anyone was interested in purchasing. I will obviously post my review of the product, but I think shipping would be more along the lines of @Rozlewis experience and not mine.

I wear these around the house and use them in the shower (covered with a plastic cap) - https://www.etsy.com/shop/accessoriesbyrita
She makes all sorts of colors and has patterned options and she takes custom orders.

il_570xN.619308553_kbyz.jpg

il_570xN.619308615_hrpj.jpg

il_570xN.739976845_il61.jpg

il_570xN.611246828_bmw4.jpg

il_570xN.589748548_rysj.jpg

Last edited:
Received my cap. Initial thoughts, it is much prettier than my target shower cap. It will fit about as much hair as a regular deep conditioning cap. I currently have my hair in a high bun, which is not how I have my hair when I'm showering or getting ready (usually) and it fit over all of my hair. I'll test it tonight when I take my hair down, oil it, and braid it.

It seems to be pretty well made and the fabric on the inside wouldn't snag your ends or anything.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I just wanted to update after using the cap all weekend. It is so much more sleek than my regular cap, especially when my hair is in two braids or two Bantu knots (how my hair is usually styled when I'm showering/ getting ready for bed/ getting up in the morning). The plastic lining in the front keeps the cap from moving around and the back elastic really does stretch and fit a lot of hair.

I'm genuinely enjoying it and will probably order some for my mom and aunt as presents. Maybe for Mother's Day.

Anymore updates on this product? Are yall ladies still liking the shower caps? Do you still use a bonnet prior to putting on the cap?

Anymore updates on this product? Are yall ladies still liking the shower caps? Do you still use a bonnet prior to putting on the cap?
I like the concept...awaiting your reviews...

:feedback:
I'm still using and enjoying mine! My original review is a few posts up and it hasn't changed. The cap is really pretty and it fits my hair easily.

I do wear a bonnet under my cap, but that's because I usually have my bonnet on when I'm in the house, so I just put the cap on over it.

Bumpity bump bump. @toaster and @Rozlewis, how are these holding up after almost a year, ladies? Anyone else get one?

TIA!
Wow has it been almost a year? I'm still wearing mine every time I shower and wash my face. The elastic has started to stretch out just a little. Not enough to make me want to repurchase right away, but enough for example to notice. When it does stretch out too much for use I'll probably buy another one, because I love mine.

Wow has it been almost a year? I'm still wearing mine every time I shower and wash my face. The elastic has started to stretch out just a little. Not enough to make me want to repurchase right away, but enough for example to notice. When it does stretch out too much for use I'll probably buy another one, because I love mine.
Do you think it would hold up as a swim cap?

Do you think it would hold up as a swim cap?
I don't think so. It's tight enough to keep water from above from getting on your hair but I'm not sure it would work when submerged in water.

It would be cute to wear if you were just wading in the pool and may occasionally get splashed.

Back