Spring and Summer regimnes & Styles

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Ok ladies I want to know what everyone's hair regimne and style(s) will be for those hotter months upon us. This is especially true for those who have longer hair. :D

1.How did you keep your hair moisturized and/or with little breakage?

2.What products emerge as staples during the spring/summer?

3.What changes about your wash routine? (often/less often/products/heat usage/manipulation)

4.What styles worked the best? (wash n go/braids/baggie/protective?)

Feel free to add any other info that would go along with this topic :yep: . I'm curious to find out what everyone is planning to do for their hair and maybe I can finally narrow down what I am going to do for my hair since the Cali heat is definently no joke.:burn:

1.How did you keep your hair moisturized and/or with little breakage? Still haven't got this down packed.

2.What products emerge as staples during the spring/summer? NTM silk touch leave in, Salerm 21, BB Oil Moisturizer, Elasta QP Designing foam, Motions Setting lotion, Nexxus Humectress Shampoo, Therappe Conditioner, Nexxus Biotanil Shampoo, and Keraphix cond, and Suave Humecant for conditioner washes.

3.What changes about your wash routine? (often/less often/products/heat usage/manipulation) Less air-drying, more moisturizing,Less manipulation, Will use heat as needed, roller sets, and assisted buns. More end snipping to prevent and tame ends.Will wash and deep condition every 4 days with Nexxus and do a monthy Keraphix treatment.

Ponytails work best for me but the dont complement my style well, For me rollersets and Flexi rods work best.

i think nexxus is too heavy for the summer/spring season....
1.How did you keep your hair moisturized and/or with little breakage? i joined this site during the fall so i dunno....i'll probably use my oil mixture to moisturise

2.What products emerge as staples during the spring/summer? kenra moisturising conditioner, salerm 21, and other stuff i have

3.What changes about your wash routine? (often/less often/products/heat usage/manipulation)less products, no heat

bantu knot, braidout, wash and go

Re: Spring and Summer regimens & Styles

My response may different from many others that may reply to this thread. I'm going back to a routine similar to what I used to do before joining this forum...but with better care...

I just wash and condition my hair every 2 weeks. I apply my moisturizer to my wet hair, section my hair, and blowdry each section with a heat protectant. During the days of the week, I just oil my ends each night with my oil mixture and wrap my hair. Keeps my hair soft, strong, and looking good.

ElastaQP Products, my oil mixture, K-Cutter, and soft 100% boar bristle brush.

3.What changes about your wash routine? (often/less often/products/heat usage/manipulation)

I stopped using curling irons totally (in early 2004).
I stopped relaxing my hair (October 7, 2004).
I stopped airdrying (something I started doing last year).
I went back to washing my hair less often (less manipulation for my hair).
I went back to using less products (too much product isn't good for my fine strands).

Blowdried straight

[I'M GETTING MY BRAIDS 4 THE SPRING & SUMMER NEXT WEDNESDAY :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
My regimen will be " CROWN & GLORY METHOD " my hair does its' best "healthy" growing and maintaining lenght doing this :D :D :D

I wash & conditon once a week/deep condition every 2 weeks & moisturize my hair & ends every other day.

S-Curl,Wonder 8 Oil & Light cons like Suave & VO5.

No heat, Less Shampooing & More CO Washes.

Phony Ponies(along w/the baggie), Braidouts & Buns.

I deep condition alot, every 2-3 days. When I don't have time to sit under the dryer Ill just keep it in over night, and rinse in the morning, and wash or follow with a conditioner wash (still not too sure if following w/ cond wash does anything but i like to do it)

Not sure right now, I know I am about to stock up on Shealoe, and I am using alot of jojoba and shea butter oils on my ends, and in a few products. I'll still probably use Nexxus Products, unless I happen to fall in love with something else.
I will probably wash more.

Wash-n-go with john frieda wave maker or whatever its called. I can still find these products at the BSS. I like braid outs and bantu waves, but they seem to look better when I do them on already dryed hair.

Im going to answer these questions for the summer coming up...

I will be using braid spray and my oil concoction i have yet to come up with

braid spray, oil mixture

Since i will be in braids, i wont be able to do daily washes :(..but ill alternate between seabreezing my scalp and shampooing each week.

vikkisecret said:
Ok ladies I want to know what everyone's hair regimne and style(s) will be for those hotter months upon us. This is especially true for those who have longer hair. :D

Feel free to add any other info that would go along with this topic :yep: . I'm curious to find out what everyone is planning to do for their hair and maybe I can finally narrow down what I am going to do for my hair since the Cali heat is definently no joke.:burn:

1. I moisturize in conjuction with a good moisturizing conditioner with heat every time I wash my hair. My fav is Kenra MC. I also use Nexxus Keraphix weekly before my I use Kenra MC.

2. I don't change products for summer or fall. My regime stays the same.

3. I still wash at least 2x a week normally anyway. This does not change with a new season.

4. I am a rollersetter all the way regardless.

vikkisecret said:

1. I keep it moist by doing daily CO washes, daily hot oil treatments, and applying a Shea Butter hairdress and Vatika Oil to my hair while its wet. I also keep it braided and pinned up to decrease the chance of my hair drying out from the air and/or from rubbing against clothing.

2. These are now going to be my staples year-round: Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Treatment, Dabur Vatika Oil, Profectiv Healthy Ends, Profectiv Growth N' Health Anti-Thinning Circulation Stimulant.

3. I never use heat (1 year 4 mos so far), CO wash everyday, shampoo twice a week (usually once a week until it gets really hot, which= more perspiration and excess oil), no combing except to comb leave-in product thru, rarely brush, always air dry.

4. Best styles: braid pinned up, twist pinned up, french roll. I baggie my hair at night with the products in #2.

1. conditioner washing everyday, only shampooing when needed, wearing my wash and go.

2.sebastians potion #9
tigi control freak frizz control serum
paul mitchell foaming polmade
quidad climate control gel or tress f/x
Jane Carter nourish+shine

3. nothing really, in the winter i use a hard hat drier that i use on air dry, in the summer i can just wash and go.

4.wash and go, and ponytails

My plans, not to buy one more dog gone products, the storage under my bathroom sink is getting to be sickening....

vikkisecret said:

I will gear towards my Profectiv Cream or Mango Butter during the day & Scurl at night. During the nights I will wear buns & comb during stretch outs while wet & with Scurl.

Spring: Amla Poo & Oil, Nexxus Mixes, Neutrogena are interchangable staples during the Spring. They are working very well together so far. I just did my second CW and it came out like it was supposed to. So that will be a staple in-between washes.
Summer: Fructis Anti-Frizz will be my staple product. I will add CWs to keep the softness of the hair & add my Humetress & Headress Mixes as leave-ins.

I might be able to allow my slightly damp hair to dry in the sun while in Bun formation! I will wash more often depending on hot hot it will be or if I wear a hat and I sweat.
I will stick to my dryer usage and will go to the salon once a month for a blow out while stretching! I will utilize my Frizz serum & wear my hair out more... Hopefully! If all else fails I will braid it up or wear out my Instant Weaves & Ponies!!

In the past braids have worked very well for me. I'm now trying to find a very nice style but I won't wear the braids for as long as I used to (4-5 months in Poetic Justice Style Braids). I'll rock them for 3 months max... Just so that I can wash my hair...
:)
If I can accomplish CWs while in Braids I will keep them in longer... Any advice on drying wet braids? :confused:

1.How did you keep your hair moisturized and/or with little breakage? I condition wash more during the warmer months.

2.What products emerge as staples during the spring/summer? I don't think my staples will change this Summer. I've found what products work best for my hair, so I'll be sticking with them.

More often. I don't like having sweaty, dirty hair.

4.What styles worked the best? (wash n go/braids/baggie/protective?) Ponytail. I've been wearing one ever since I started transitioning. I've been thinking about getting braids for the Summer, though. If I do get some, they will be box braids.

-apply leave-in(ntm or salerm 21) and serum (ntm or alfaparf) daily to hair and elasta qp recovery to ends

-ntm leave-in and serum, aveda universal styling creme and anti-humectant pomade

-no heat, wash 2-3 times a wk, airdry in mesh rollers

-consistently do braidouts till november

Back