Spongy hair?

meka

What do you use on your hair when it is feeling spongy? I need a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I need something. My hair is so spongy and dry. Any recs ladies?

It sounds like your hair is overprocessed. You will need a hardcore protein treatment if so.

I read that spongy hair is caused by increased porosity. If your hair is damaged or overprocessed the cuticles are left open and the cortex absorbs a lot of water and moisture. That may sound like a good thing but it's not because it also causes your hair to lose a lot of moisture. So your hair may feel mushy when you are washing it and take a long time to dry, but once it dries its really, really dry. It may also get frizzy in humidity. If this describes you then what you need is a shampoo and conditioner with low ph (4-5.5) Porosity control is a good one. Nexxuse Asure (the conditioner) has a ph of 3.3 so that may be even better. Some shampoos and conditioners say ph balances but doesn't say what the ph is, look for ingredients such as citric acid, or lactic acid. Hope this helps.

Does anyone know if certain conditioners can make hair feel spongy?

I noticed when I used a couple of different conditioners on my hair at different times, it felt spongy, but, only then.

Back