split ends

YummyC

I found a bunch of hairs that look like the fork in the road with two ends ( hope that explains it). Anyway I cut them off but my question is this:

How did i get split edns when i don't use direct heat ot any of the harmful stuff? How can i prevent this double ends ..?

I think spilt ends can be caused without even using heat. Coming the hair can cause spilt ends or any type of styling tool if not used correctly can cause spilt ends. I think even the hair being dry and experiencing lack of moisture can lead to spilt ends.

neekeecam said:
I think spilt ends can be caused without even using heat. Coming the hair can cause spilt ends or any type of styling tool if not used correctly can cause spilt ends. I think even the hair being dry and experiencing lack of moisture can lead to spilt ends.

I agree. Of course, the better you treat your hair, the fewer you will have.

You know you can get spilt ends if your hair rubs against your clothes. Maybe your should try some protective styles, like buns or phony ponies. Anything that will keep your ends from making too much contact with your clothes.

Split ends can come from many things, such as environmental factors (sun, wind, cold, dry air, swimming in chlorine, hard water, etc.), rough handling, improper protein/moisture balance, use of hair products not designed for your hair type. I suppose a little is inevitable.

It should help if you dust and/or trim several times a year.

I recently found some myself and am thinking of getting a dusting after the first of the year if it doesn't get worse.

I wear protective styles ( buns) all the time. Ionly wear myhai rout for specail occasions. I DC every week, sometimes twices a week. I cut all the ones i found, but i think i'll do regular dustings too. Thanks everyone.

Back