Split-ender

I ordered my daughter's off E-bay. There's a seller that has them new with free shipping, so you save a little over buying from the Split Ender web site.

Alot of the one's out there are fake. I bought two fake one's from Ross and I got what I paid for. The first only worked one time and the second one barely made it through one sitting. I only paid $9.99 for them. After that experience I ordered a real one from the official site and it works a million times better. The real splitender can only be purchased from their site. It was really fast shipping too. HTH

Yes, I also ordered mine from victor619. I called the number on the splitender site and they told me that victort619 was in fact the same as ordering from the site. You just save on shipping by ordering on ebay.

I hear that that is the old one and tends to break rather easily. I hope that's not the case for you though.

Alot of the one's out there are fake. I bought two fake one's from Ross and I got what I paid for. The first only worked one time and the second one barely made it through one sitting. I only paid $9.99 for them. After that experience I ordered a real one from the official site and it works a million times better. The real splitender can only be purchased from their site. It was really fast shipping too. HTH

Hmmmm...that's why huh? I recently bought a split ender from Ross and it never worked...I didnt know they were fake. :-/

Yikes!! I have 2 that I purchased from Ross at $9.99 each. I returned one back to them that was broken.

I used it for the 2nd time last week since I bought them. So far so good.

You have to have your hair straight or at least pretty straight for your hair to not get cut at all different spots. Imagine a vacuum, if you ran over a shoe lace you could just unwind that shoe lace but if you ran over a mitten or a bunch of shoe laces tied together that ball would be sucked up and jam up your vacuum. I know that that is a horrible explantation :P imagine using the InStyler without stretching your curls.

Thank you both for the information! I'm glad I've been forewarned. I definitely think I will buy this item. I am suffering from major split ends as of recent. I guess I'll just be pressing my hair a little more than usual so I can use it once its purchased.

Can this be used on natural hair in it's natural state? I'm really interested in this product.

I have one and no, I can't use it without straightening my hair first. :nono: When I use it, I roller set, then flatiron my hair. I take tiny sections and make sure its taut, because otherwise it will snag your hair. I really like it and the serum that comes with it.:yep:

I'm 19 months into a transition with about 2-3 of relaxed hair left.

Last edited:
I finally used my split ender and I LOVE IT!!!

I'm natural, so I have to straighten my hair first, which is no biggie.

My hair had short split ends all through my hair (I got lazy last year with my hair). I made small parts through out my hair and used the split-ender down the shaft of the hairs. I specifically, paid attention to my ends, because they were the worst.

Needless to say, my ends FEEL so good. I'm happy that I was able to retain length and keep my ends NEAT.

I'm going to use my split-ender every other month.

Those of you who use the split ender, do you have to trim your hair with scissors as well? I've read reviews that the split ender leaves your hair choppy and uneven.

Those of you who use the split ender, do you have to trim your hair with scissors as well? I've read reviews that the split ender leaves your hair choppy and uneven.

My hair wasn't choppy or uneven. I think it depends on the person, some like the straight end look.

your hair will only be choppy if you dont do the same about of passes on each section of hair

I have this thing, but I have only used it once since I always air dry my hair.

Are you'll applying it to dry hair with no product as suggested?

IdK about this Split Ender... It seems to pull out my hair and some of the hairs that it cut were like 3 inches long.:perplexed I don't know if it's because I get mine from Ross or what.

Back