Spinoff: Who would host your hair special?

AwesomelyNappy

Ok, i was going to ask this in the "I think everyone should read this: From Ent.Board "Tyra Show" " but i didn't want to hijack the thread, so here is my question....

If there was going to be a "Black Hair" type show/miniseries that debunked popular black (or minority/mixed) hair misconceptions (like for instance, that black hair cant grow), gave truthful and helpful information and advice, showed DIY techniques, showed real life before/after hair stories (like on this forum), discussed products that really worked, showcased up and coming hair products (like BT), explained why certain things works while others only harm, addressed the history and deep rooted issues concerning the black culture and hair , yadda yadda yadda..... who would you want to see host this? If it were a panel of people (men, women, of any race or age) discussing these hair issues... what panel would you pick? Who's advice or opinions would you want? Would you even watch/tivo this show/miniseries? How would you want the format to be ran? What would make you watch the show?

Interesting question! The first person that popped into my mind was Shaun Robinson from Access Hollywood . . . BTW, this show idea sounds fantastic . . . someone needs to write into BET or TVOne!

Glib Gurl said:
Interesting question! The first person that popped into my mind was Shaun Robinson from Access Hollywood . . . BTW, this show idea sounds fantastic . . . someone needs to write into BET or TVOne!

i dont know about BET tho :ohwell: :look: :perplexed ..... That network aint what it used to be.....

but i do think it would be an awesome idea if were produced somewhere.... I would love to watch it

I'm not sure who should host. That's a very good question. Maybe Dr. Ro? Or a good black dermatologist or a celebrity stylist. The one on Makeover Manor on TvOne seemed pretty knowledgeable. But I mean do y'all really think that black women are going to watch that show and take the advice seriously? You all know how some people respond when they ask us for advice and we tell them. They look at us like we're crazy. You know all of us would be watching though. And the show wouldn't even really be for us. :lol:

T'Keyah Crystal Kemah

Diane Da Costa

bell hooks ( she'll break it down really nicely :lol: )

Robin Woods

Lisa Akbari

Motown Girl

Anthony Dickey

Girls From Curve Salon (Miss Jessie's)

Tulani Kinard

Lonnice Brittenum Bonner

Mireille Liong-a-kong

I would definitely watch the show if these people were on.

Divalicious said:
T'Keyah Crystal Kemah

Diane Da Costa

bell hooks ( she'll break it down really nicely :lol: )

Robin Woods

Lisa Akbari

Motown Girl

Anthony Dickey

Girls From Curve Salon (Miss Jessie's)

Tulani Kinard

Lonnice Brittenum Bonner

Mireille Liong-a-kong

I would definitely watch the show if these people were on.

Oooh I forgot about Bell Hooks.

I would like to see T'keyah Crystal Kemah, The lady that has a post about her on this forum titled "How does one grow natural hair this long", Lisa Akbari, Cathy Howse, Barry Fletcher, and Shamboosie. That's all I can think of for now. But it would have to be women wearing their real healthy hair whether it be relaxed or natural. I don't want a black woman with a blonde weave (Tyra) tyring to tell me about my real hair. It would be very hard to take her serious.

Back