Spinoff- What do you use in your stretch

gymfreak336

This is a spin off from the other thread about changing products to help stretch. My question is what do you use to help you stretch. I need to make it another 4 weeks to be on scheldule for a fresh relaxer for my sisters wedding and I would love some product and styling suggestions. Thanks

Thanks for posting this, because I was curious too. I've done two 12 week stretches, and I'm 9 weeks post now. But due to using BT (yay!:D ), I have more NG than usual. My tip: I have been using a homemade moisturizing spray lately on my NG instead of my usual creamy moisturizer; the liquid soaks into the NG better. I may have to break out the Motions Moisture Plus for my next wash, for some extra slip. I'll be peeking back in here for suggestions about deep conditioners and other moisturizers.:cool:

ETA: Yes, styling tips would be great! I'm sick of headbands. I guess I need to revisit braidouts/twistouts/bantus.

ACV rinses
Porosity Control
Coconut milk
Mebco Detangling comb/Jilbere de Paris shower comb
TIGI Hair Stick for Cool People
NPO Theratin & Humectin
Washing in sink/washing in shower
Elasta QP H-Two (only works half way, then it's back to creamy leave-ins)
Giovanni Direct
Amla oil, castor oil, Vatika oil
V05 S&C

I don't use all of these at once...this is over the course of a year long stretch.

gymfreak336 said:
Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I love knowing product names

I've been meaning to check out that Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Mask. I really don't need another conditioner (I've been pretty good about using up stuff I already have), but you've made me curious.:lol:

Oh, and my moisturizing spritz is simple: cheap condish (currently: Suave Tropical Coconut), oil (Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil), glycerin, water. I may add a bit of my Lotioncrafter silk amino acids to the spray bottle tonight.

I have got to say I :love: BBD strech cream...my new growth is manageable. Also Kera care Humecto left in the hair helps too.

mysweetevie said:
I have got to say I :love: BBD strech cream...my new growth is manageable. Also Kera care Humecto left in the hair helps too.

Everytime I see somebody type that, I think of:
d144575p806.jpg

:lol: :lachen: :lol:

Silicon Mix:love::love::love:--best conditioner ever for my new growth. It loosens the curl of my new growth and my hair is incredibly soft after using it.

I also like Vatika Oil.

I use EVOO, mizani H2O, wave nouveau (great for my crazy NG), bone marrow and eggs for protein, Mizani Moisturfuse for conditioning.
These are products I have been using for quite some time. I use the wave nouveau like no other when I get closer to relax time. I just ordered some Aveda so I cant wait to see how that works. But thats the last hair products I'm buying

preciousjewel76 said:
I've been meaning to check out that Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Mask. I really don't need another conditioner (I've been pretty good about using up stuff I already have), but you've made me curious.:lol:

Oh, and my moisturizing spritz is simple: cheap condish (currently: Suave Tropical Coconut), oil (Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil), glycerin, water. I may add a bit of my Lotioncrafter silk amino acids to the spray bottle tonight.

Check out your local dollar general for the mask. I found the mask and conditioner for around 3 bucks a peice.

Naturellle said:
Silicon Mix:love::love::love:--best conditioner ever for my new growth. It loosens the curl of my new growth and my hair is incredibly soft after using it.

I also like Vatika Oil.

I was waiting for someone to chime in with the silicon mix! This stuff is no joke (Thank you NyCutiePie :kiss: ). Also adding evoo to this really helps me.

Also my moisture daily mix contains s-curl, evoo, water, and cheapie conditioner. I LOVE it!

gymfreak336 said:
Check out your local dollar general for the mask. I found the mask and conditioner for around 3 bucks a peice.

Cool. There's one right up the street from where I live. I've only seen the mask at CVS for something like $6. I never see it at the Target or other drugstores I go to (maybe some of Nikos' cousins keep buying it up...:look:).

My "garbage spray bottle". I'm a total pj so in an effort to use up all my stuff as quick as possible, I started putting the last little bit of everything in a spray bottle of water. MAGIC! My 5mnt post NG is super super soft and comes out BONE straight when I rollerset:love:

The only thing is....I can't remember what I put in there:perplexed

bablou00 said:
I use EVOO, mizani H2O, wave nouveau (great for my crazy NG), bone marrow and eggs for protein, Mizani Moisturfuse for conditioning.
These are products I have been using for quite some time. I use the wave nouveau like no other when I get closer to relax time. I just ordered some Aveda so I cant wait to see how that works. But thats the last hair products I'm buying

Do tell!!!!!! What do you use out of the line.

LocksOfLuV said:
I was waiting for someone to chime in with the silicon mix! This stuff is no joke (Thank you NyCutiePie :kiss: ). Also adding evoo to this really helps me.

Also my moisture daily mix contains s-curl, evoo, water, and cheapie conditioner. I LOVE it!

Anytime Locks. I'm only 2 weeks post right now but I'm gonna try your moisture mix when things get rough.

Gym - get some silicon mix. It really works!!!! I usually mix it in my hand with JBCO but you can add a lil bit of any oil you like. Wash in braids if your hair is long enough because the tangles can make or break ya regardless of what you use. Pre-poo with some conditioner and oils like Vatika/Amla/EVOO/ or whatever else. Try to detangle some before you wash. That's all I can think of right now.

I co-wash almost daily
with MNT Conditioner
or NTM Daily Deep Conditioner
I only use a clarifying shampoo
once every two weeks

After the co-wash
I use ORS Olive Oil
the cream and/or the lotion
and then seal with Carol's
Daughter - Lisa's Hair Elixir
and then Neutrogena Triple Moistureâ„¢ Healing Shine Serum
I detangle in the shower
pin it into a bun
use a scarf until I have to
be seen in public...
and that's a wrap

My NG is getting a little wild....this thread reminded me I have two jars of Silicon Mix I need to use...Maybe I'll put that in a moisturizing spray?

gymfreak336 said:
This is a spin off from the other thread about changing products to help stretch. My question is what do you use to help you stretch. I need to make it another 4 weeks to be on scheldule for a fresh relaxer for my sisters wedding and I would love some product and styling suggestions. Thanks

I would love to stretch another 4wks as well. That would put me at 16wks. I think for me the catch is to deep cond with heat each time and cont rollersetting. Rollersetting really smooth things out for me. I may wear it down a day, but then finger it in an up doo. Dominican rinses has been a life saver for me. They really detangle and just melts the hair. Wed I used Nacidit Wheat Germ rinse. Nacidit Olive oil rinse also detangles wonderfully. As far a regular cond, if I use Aveda DR treatment under heat and then follow with the DR cond it really softens and detangles the hair. Romero, Silicon Mix, 10 en 1 and Noni used with heat was also very softening, I will def use these if I cont to stretch. Lacio Lacio, Aveda Elixir and Aceite de Oliva are the 3 leave ins that I use. One other thing that I do on Friday nights is part my hair in 4 parts and add cond on dry hair really concentrating on the ng and ends. I then put a plastic cap on and tie it up with a scarf. I have done this the last couple of months and have only used Aceite de Oliva cond. I sometimes add a little olive oil to it. By the time I poo on late Sat evenings, my hair is extra soft. We can be stretch buddies!

Last edited:
gymfreak336 said:

A mixture of 1 part Scurl 1 part water and a little castor oil. Spray it on, tie it down with a scarf every night and I'm good to go. My hair comes out very soft. I'll then wear it in an updo.

Of course, I also have my trusty standby, the flexirod set and I'll also do a braid out.

Last edited:
Naturellle said:

I co-sign on the Silicon Mixx after about the 8th week I part my hair and apply it.

Cream of Nature Shampoo - great detangler.

AMLA OIL - this stuff is the truth. There is no way I could stretch without prepooing with it. It makes your hair feel like a new perm.

These 3 products are an absolute necessity for me.

janeemat said:
I would love to stretch another 4wks as well. That would put me at 16wks. I think for me the catch is to deep cond with heat each time and cont rollersetting. Rollersetting really smooth things out for me. I may wear it down a day, but then finger it in an up doo. Dominican rinses has been a life saver for me. They really detangle and just melts the hair. Wed I used Nacidit Wheat Germ rinse. Nacidit Olive oil rinse also detangles wonderfully. As far a regular cond, if I use Aveda DR treatment under heat and then follow with the DR cond it really softens and detangles the hair. Romero, Silicon Mix, 10 en 1 and Noni used with heat was also very softening, I will def use these if I cont to stretch. Lacio Lacio, Aveda Elixir and Aceite de Oliva are the 3 leave ins that I use. One other thing that I do on Friday nights is part my hair in 4 parts and add cond on dry hair really concentrating on the ng and ends. I then put a plastic cap on and tie it up with a scarf. I have done this the last couple of months and have only used Aceite de Oliva cond. I sometimes add a little olive oil to it. By the time I poo on late Sat evenings, my hair is extra soft. We can be stretch buddies!

Thanks for the tips. I would love to be stretch buddies. If I go another 4 weeks then that would put me at 10, then my next relaxer would be at 9 weeks; 3 days before the wedding so it will be supa fresh.

auntysmoky said:
I co-sign on the Silicon Mixx after about the 8th week I part my hair and apply it.

Cream of Nature Shampoo - great detangler.

AMLA OIL - this stuff is the truth. There is no way I could stretch without prepooing with it. It makes your hair feel like a new perm.

These 3 products are an absolute necessity for me.

I got some of this but I haven't used it a a pre-poo. I used it on my sister but I just use it in henna mixes. I pm dlewis a while back and she credits her amazing shine to this oil. Thanks for the suggestion. I will use it next wash

gymfreak336 said:
I will use it next wash
I part my hair (or stick the applicator bottle in and out) and apply it near the scalp/new growth. I then put some on my hair with whatever cond. and let it sit for atleast an hour. You will feel the difference. It's no joke.

auntysmoky said:
I part my hair (or stick the applicator bottle in and out) and apply it near the scalp/new growth. I then put some on my hair with whatever cond. and let it sit for atleast an hour. You will feel the difference. It's no joke.

Thanks. I have an extra applicator bottle so I will use that. I have some time tonight. I might just go ahead and do it.

Back