Products to help you stretch?

I CW twice a week when Im trying to stretch. Afterwards I use alittle Lacio Lacio and Amla Oil to keep the moisture sealed in. The key for my hair is low manpulation and keeping it in a moist bun.

Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight conditioner
ORS packs
Amla oil rinses
Castor oil rinses
Ojon Animated Styling Creme
A little extra SAA or Silk Peptide Powder in my conditioner

These all smooth and detangle my new growth.

I'm with you on these. Also CON(green) and Motions Moisture Plus.

Ok, that's the second mention of sta-sof-fro. Can I find this product in any old BSS, or can I purchase it online?

The only store I've seen it is at Wal-Mart in the "ethnic care" section

Last edited:
The milk is drying b/c of the protein - There have been a few threads on using milk ( coconut & regular ) and yogurt to soften hair texture and help with stretching. I think it's b/c of the combo of the milk protein and lactic acid - the coconut straightening recipe calls for milk mixed with juice of two limes - so I think the combo of protein and acid has a straightening effect on the hair. Alot of straightening products have citric acid as an ingredient - but you have to moisturize to counteract the possible drying effect of the two of those together. Some added honey or cheap con to the mixture or followed with a DC. One woman said she had good results with buttermilk as well. HTH. :drunk:

Ok... that makes sense:yep:

Last edited:
Yeah, it was straight, but it seemed like it was sticky. I didn't like the way it felt. :nono:

I can't have hair that looks nice but feels nasty. I had to wash and start all over.:ohwell:

I think the serum can be a little heavy, it was probably that that made you hair feel sticky. You can skip this step or use less of it depending on your own hair.

I went to the new SuperWalmart to get some CON green and ORS Paks. I was so pissed! I thought they would have everything stocked because it's only been open for a week. They had every other CON, but Green. And then there were four ORS Pak display boxes with nothing in them. I just knew some lhcf members or lurkers took all my paks :grin: I guess I have to make a trip to the BSS.

Qhemets Biologic Olive detangling cream is the best product I've used so far to detangle my hair when stretching. HairVeda shikakai oil keeps it moisturized.

I think the serum can be a little heavy, it was probably that that made you hair feel sticky. You can skip this step or use less of it depending on your own hair.

Yeah, I had to leave the whole system alone. I just stick to coconut milk and use a little silk infusion and I am SILKY!!!:grin:

All summer I did coconut/lime juice treatments with a heavy DC afterwards.

With the cooler weather my hair has gotten dryer so I'm using lots of moisture. I alternate between Hollywood Beauty's olive oil cream hair dress and Profectiv megagrowth with some stuff added to it.

Also I am using the scarf method a lot although my edges have gotten entirely unruly. So I'm keeping them moist and working having fuzzy edges with my bun.

It's also been pretty wet here this Fall so most of my efforts at laid down edges have been defeated by rain.

Lately I've done oil rinses when I shampoo and that seems to help a lot. My NG has been far softer where it comes in really coarse and way easier to keep untangled. Usually I'm sweating my kitchen because my NG there is super coarse and likes to mat but I've had no problems with it since I added more moisture and oil rinses.

I want to thank rdm and E_Williams and everyone else who told me to buy Sta-Sof-Fro :grin: This stuff works!!!! I put the rub in all over my new growth three days ago and it's still soft. I brought the spray too! I was having a serious issue with my new growth being super dry. I also purchased the CON green and ORS Paks. The CON was cool, but the ORS Pak mixed with DPR-11 gave me amazing results. I think I'm just going to purchase the big bottle the next time I order something from beautyofny.

Currently 5 months post and the thing that worked for me was Dr Miracles braid spray on the ng only...super soft!!!!
Great thread!

1) A Good Thick Moisturizing DC w/Heat (Concentrating heavily on NG)

2)JBCO *applied to NG*

3)Weekly use of a Light/Med Reconstructor and/or Protein Treatment

All Three have helped tremendously keeping NG Soft, Manageable & Strong:yep:

(Rolland) Una Phytology Reconstructor! It's pH balanced and gives protein/moisture too. Love it.

you guys are really forcing my hand here with Qhemet Biologics. I don't like it one bit!

Back