Spinoff: To the "2010 is a Year of..." Thread. Are there any bad years?

Sosa

Just wondering...

Is the "20XX is a year of...<insert good thing>", more of a "name it and claim it" sort of a thing? Or does it come by prophecy?

It is a Rhema Word from God? So a year could be good for some but not others?

Ok, I'm more than just wondering :lachen: I really want to know.

Thanks in advance.

Just wondering...

Is the "20XX is a year of...<insert good thing>", more of a "name it and claim it" sort of a thing? Or does it come by prophecy?

It is a Rhema Word from God? So a year could be good for some but not others?

Ok, I'm more than just wondering :lachen: I really want to know.

Thanks in advance.

I love this thread already.

I was briefly caught up in believing it when I would go to a church at the beginning of the year and the preacher would announce that this year was the year of xyz.

Now I just believe that it is part of the name it and claim it philosophy. I believe everyone will have ebbs and flows during each year. Some may have less trouble than others, but in general I don't think that one year is all of anything for everyone. And I wonder where some of these ministers get these ideas. I don't want to speak against the Holy Spirit at all, but I am curious as to whether this is something they just make up themselves because it sounds good, or because they received guidance from the Holy Spirit. I also know that some ministers base it on numbers. Many said that 2008 was the year of new beginnings because of the number 8.

I look more for individual words than group words. I know people who have been extremely disappointed because they applied a group word to their personal situation and they did not see it come to pass.

Thanks for posting this question. It is definitely food for thought.

lol...I understand where you're coming from.

I was always skeptical of such claims...until this year. Some things personally going on led me to think more about the reality of spiritual seasons and start a couple of threads about it. I also came across a prophecy website that I felt truly represented what the Spirit was doing in the world right now.

I'd bet that many of these claims aren't really led of God, but I do think that there is one Church and one Spirit and we should be able to discern what the Lord is doing amongst His people.

Last edited:
I love this thread already.

I was briefly caught up in believing it when I would go to a church at the beginning of the year and the preacher would announce that this year was the year of xyz.

Now I just believe that it is part of the name it and claim it philosophy. I believe everyone will have ebbs and flows during each year. Some may have less trouble than others, but in general I don't think that one year is all of anything for everyone. And I wonder where some of these ministers get these ideas. I don't want to speak against the Holy Spirit at all, but I am curious as to whether this is something they just make up themselves because it sounds good, or because they received guidance from the Holy Spirit. I also know that some ministers base it on numbers. Many said that 2008 was the year of new beginnings because of the number 8.

I look more for individual words than group words. I know people who have been extremely disappointed because they applied a group word to their personal situation and they did not see it come to pass.

Thanks for posting this question. It is definitely food for thought.

Yes! This is exactly what I've been thinking :yep:. I try not to be a naysayer but I have become a little skeptic about these declarations. Now, I believe in SEASONS: reaping and sowing, trial and triumph etc. etc. It's biblical and I see it happen, though mostly on an individual level.

I use to be up in church every New Year and rejoice with the rest of the church folks too. But then I'd sit up in the choir stand and look at everyone get excited while declaring what the pastor said and they go planting their seed and I'd wonder if it's really for everyone. Is everyone going to enjoy a New Beginning in '08, attain Completion in '09...and so forth? Surely not, right?

So what exactly are they (preachers) saying when they announce these things?

lol...I understand where you're coming from.

I was always skeptical of such claims...until this year. Some things personally going on led me to think more about the reality of spiritual seasons and start a couple of threads about it. I also came across a prophecy website that I felt truly represented what the Spirit was doing in the world right now.

I'd bet that many of these claims aren't really led of God, but I do think that there is one Church and one Spirit and we should be able to discern what the Lord is doing amongst His people.

I agree, that's why I wondered if it's a prophecy of sorts. Can you share that prophecy website? I'd love to see it :yep: There was a personal reason why I started this thread.

TIA!

Back