Spinoff of ShiShiPooPoo's Dollar Tree Find...

ricochet

Hey ladies! I don't know if any pictures/reviews have been posted yet but I went to my local dollar tree to see the products you were all talking about and I found them. I bought five out of seven and the ingredients don't look half bad. I haven't tried any yet, as I just bought them today, but I am gonna post pics so that those of you who don't have time to go check them out, the info is right here for you. I didn't buy the Shampoo(I think it was called 3-n-1 stimulating? or something like that, and the Sulfur grease looking product, smelled similar to Sulfur 8, very strong). They were $1 each and are all distributed by a company called Beauty Solutions in Wheaton, IL. I don't have time to post ALL of the ingredients right now but here are some pics and my take on the smell and consistency of each:

102_2636.jpg

This is the hair mayonnaise, 8 oz jar, smells kind of mediciney(sp?) and has a watery creamy consistency. Water is 1st ingredient, canola oil is the 2nd and rosemary and sage further down the list.

102_2640.jpg

This one is the hair serum complex, 4oz bottle. It states on the bottle, "for dry itchy scalp". It smells very similar to the hair mayo and is a liquid not creme. The first ingredient is Aloe Vera Gel and Glycerine is the fifth ingredient. No mineral oil.

102_2643.jpg

Here is the cholesterol conditioner, 8oz jar. It's thicker than the mayo and has a lighter smell. Mineral oil is the 2nd ingredient and water is the first. Has keratin and wheat protein in it.

102_2642.jpg

This one is the carrot creme, 4oz jar. Thicker than the cholesterol and mayo. The ingredients were posted in ShiShiPooPoo's earlier thread but the first ingredients are herbal tea infusion, witch hazel extract and aloe vera gel.

102_2641.jpg

I am not sure why I bought this one, 8oz bottle. I guess cause it was a $1, lol. I have my creme moisturizer but this had a nice fragrance so I got it too. It's looks like the consistency of BB Castor oil lotion in the bottle, but when I put some in my hands, it was kind of watery and evaporated very quickly, not lotiony by any means. Weird. I guess I will have to try it on my hair to see how it works.

102_2634.jpg

Well that's it ladies. My purchase of the month. I will do my best to report back on how these worked on my hair but no promises. :)

oh snap I need to check out Dollar Tree. I think I will have to drive a distance for it but I think its worth it from your finds. :grin:

Whooo Hoooo I just love The Dollar Tree...:drunk:

I started to buy the sulfur serum but I didn't see sulfur in the ingredients...did I miss something?

Great thread..

Oh SHOOT>... Ive been buying that Sulfur Solutions at FULL PRICE for MONTHS... ( not the serum but gonna try that anyway)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr heads to DOllar Tree tomorrow.... damn glad the buy nothing challenge isnt on now

Would it be asking too much to share the ingredients?

I understand if you don't have the time!

No, you are not alone, I didn't see sulfur either. :perplexed:

this is all I could find for the ingredient list() Im at work right now) :
  • Hair serum complex 4oz
    hserum.jpg
    Recommended for: Permed, relaxed, dry, bleached, abused or damaged hair scalp.
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Instantly transforms dry, damaged, relaxed, weak hair to it's original condition. This unique formula helps restore lost oils. Smooths split ends. Adds volume and sheen. Our alcohol-free formula goes on smooth and dries tack-free. Controls frizzier, conditions and add sheen.[/FONT]
  • *Stimulating hair & scalp mist 4oz.
    hcalp.jpg
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recommended for: Permed, relaxed, dry, bleached, abused or damaged hair scalp. Rich in natural oils, Sulfur and vitamins A, D &. E[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]is an advanced formulation containing unique conditioning agents to revitalize dry, dull chemically damaged hair and scalp. Also used for: Color & Chemical Services, brads, cuticle, remover Fingemails Shaving Base, Beard Lubrication On Frizzing Hair, Make-Up Remover use Freely On Dry Spots Suntan Oil. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

I use other products by this brand and not even sure if they definitely have sulfur in it ( mix sulfur powder in it for treatment on my edges)

http://www.chathambeautysupply.com/sulfur.html

right now Im using the leave-in but dont like it quite as much as the other 2 products I use regularly by this company;

• damcntrl.jpg
    damage control anti-dandruff complex(This Special formulation helps control dandruff, itching and flaking. Contains Coal Tar and Menthol to soothe and protect. Our deep Penetrating formula prevents dryness and helps protect against breakage caused by chemicals and heat styling.)
  • hstrat.jpg
    hair & scalp treatment anti-breakage formula (With ALOE and Vitamins A&E.
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]This special formulation helps control dandruff, itching and flaking. Contains Coal Tar and Menthol soothe and protect Our deep penetrating formula prevents dryness and helps protect against breakage caused by chemicals and heat styling.[/FONT]
    )

I saw all of these in the Dollar Tree I went the other day -- all but the mist. I posted in the other thread. As a side note, I was surprised to see your link to Chatham Beauty Supply as I go there (the one on 87th) all the time when I go home to visit the family.

Thanks for posting that PassionFruit! I am so sorry Neith, but I just truly don't have time to post the ingredients. It's tax free weekend and me, mom n law and hubby have to get out early this morning to run around. We also have an Obama rally to go to today, so it's gonna be hectic. I will truly try, but no promises. :)

Whooo Hoooo I just love The Dollar Tree...:drunk:

I started to buy the sulfur serum but I didn't see sulfur in the ingredients...did I miss something?

Great thread..

I said the same thing in your thread....there was not actually any sulfur in the sulfur serum, but it does have some good ingredients. I am using the carrot creme tomorrow.

Getting ready to try out the hair mayo...ingredient list below: (Please excuse any typos, I am typing without looking at the computer screen :) )

Water, Canola Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearalkonium Choloride, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Keratin, Carrot Oil, Rosemary, Sage, Arnica, Burdock, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin b5), Egg Powder, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

I wish MY Dollar Tree had all that! They just opened a new one right by me too. But they did have nice microfiber towels and lots of VO5. They no longer have lots of VO5 :thumbsup:

Getting ready to try out the hair mayo...ingredient list below: (Please excuse any typos, I am typing without looking at the computer screen :) )

Water, Canola Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearalkonium Choloride, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Keratin, Carrot Oil, Rosemary, Sage, Arnica, Burdock, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin b5), Egg Powder, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

Let me know how the hair mayo does. I bought it and the carrot creme. I used it on dry and wet hair and i like it. Do i have to seal with oil after applying. Isn't this a moitsurizer?

Let me know how the hair mayo does. I bought it and the carrot creme. I used it on dry and wet hair and i like it. Do i have to seal with oil after applying. Isn't this a moitsurizer?

As always, I am late posting but I wanted to see the reaction of the mayo to my hair. Well, I coated my freshly shampooed hair with it and let it sit for 35-40 minutes(the jar suggested 20-30 I think), I rinsed it out, my hair was very easy to comb through, and used my denman to smooth it out to twist in about 8 fat twists. I let this air dry overnight and didn't use any type of sealant/moisturizer. The next day for work, I let the front twists loose and pulled all of my other twists into a messy Chicoro bun. My hair was very soft and didn't feel dry at all. I was surprised because my hair usually has a slight dry feeling if I don't use a moisturizer after a shampoo. My hair also had a nice lingering scent...most products that I rinse out go right down the drain w/no scent for me to enjoy the rest of the day. I used half the jar for one application because of my hair's thickness so I will be able to use it one more time before I think about re-purchasing. Not bad for $1!

Now onto the cholesterol, and while I have time this morning, I will post the ingredients to the other products I purchased (once again, look out for typos :) ):

Deep conditioning Cholesterol Intensive Conditioner, Aloe Vera Formula:

Purified Water, mineral oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Peg-40 Castor oil, cetyl palmitate, stearalkonium chloride, phosporic acid, hydrolyzed keratin protein, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, dmdm hydantoin, fragrance, wheat protein, cholesterol, panthenol, aloe vera gel, yellow #5, blue #1

Carrot Creme Instant Hair Treatment:

Herbal Tea Infusion, Witch Hazel Extract, Arnica, Aloe Vera Gel, Cetyl Palmitate, peg-40 castor oil, cetrimonium bromide, canola oil, carrot extract, propylene glycol, dmdm hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben, keratin, panthenol(pro vitamin b5), essential oils, edta

Hair Serum Complexx ( I have been squirting some of this in my scalp each morning just as a scalp refresher, I don't know what effects it's having but the upside is no dry scalp:

Aloe Vera Gel, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 7, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerine, Hydoxtethyl Cellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyl Diammonium Chloride, Oleth-20, Fragrance, Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phosphoric Acid, Silk Amino Acids, Keratin Protein, Wheat Germ Oil, Yellow 5, Red 4

Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion:

Mineral Oil, purified water, propylene glycol, peg-75 lanolin, stearic acid, beeswax, sorbitan sesquioleate, borax, methylparaben, triethanolamine, aloe vera extract, dmdm hydantoin, propyl paraben, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, shea butter, jojoba oil, d&c red #33, fd&c red #4, fd&c yellow #6

Well, that's it ladies. I hope this helps anyone out there looking to try these very cheap products. Oh BTW, the Hair Serum bottle states "Cruelty-Free No Animal Testing".

Hey ladies. Newbie here :drunk:

I have had the hardest time finding a daily moisturizer for my hair. Its relaxed ( I have no idea what type it is...I've been relaxed since the age of 5 :perplexed). Anyway, I came across the Hair Serum Complexx today at the Dollar Store and picked up a bottle after noticing some pretty good ingredients including Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerine, Avocado oil, Jojoba oil, Silk Amino Acids, Keratin Protein, and Wheat Germ Oil.

This stuff seems really good, its not heavy at all like the other moisturizers I've used. Man...I might have found my staple daily moisturizer....after dropping so much money on EQ and other products that are way too heavy for my hair:wallbash:. My scalp isn't dry at all and my hair has a shine to it but still retains volume.

Anyone else having luck with this?

Stimulating Hair and scalp mist:
Canola oil, soybean oil, coconut oil, peanut oil, apricot oil, jojoba oil, avacado oil, tea tree oil, fragrance, sulphur, lecithin, BHA, Vitamins A,D, and E

I actually got mine at the BSS. I saw that it was a sulphur spray and immediately thought of Surge. I never used Surge; by the time I discovered it on here it was out of production. Anyway, I bought it and then I looked it up on here and found this old thread. I saw that somebody wanted the ingredients to the spray so I posted them.

Bump bump....anyone else tried these?

Yes! I racked up on the hair serum complex.... for like a month I applied it to my scalp nightly I think it helped. I've used the carrot cream and the Green deep conditioner... I like them!

I applied Sulfur Solutions hair serum complex to my scalp and Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil with Ginseng to the hair, put on a shower cap and my microfiber head band, now going to sleep... let's see what awaits me in the morning!

Yes! I racked up on the hair serum complex.... for like a month I applied it to my scalp nightly I think it helped. I've used the carrot cream and the Green deep conditioner... I like them!

I applied Sulfur Solutions hair serum complex to my scalp and Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil with Ginseng to the hair, put on a shower cap and my microfiber head band, now going to sleep... let's see what awaits me in the morning!

I know im late but its funny because I picked up 4 bottles of this stuff at Dollar Tree recently, just so I could use the bottle (which has an applicator tip) to apply my henna and hair oils. I was just pouring this stuff down the drain because I fiqured it's from the the dollar store so surely it couldnt be good for my hair. What were your results? DID IT WORK?????

I know im late but its funny because I picked up 4 bottles of this stuff at Dollar Tree recently, just so I could use the bottle (which has an applicator tip) to apply my henna and hair oils. I was just pouring this stuff down the drain because I fiqured it's from the the dollar store so surely it couldnt be good for my hair. What were your results? DID IT WORK?????

wow, you should've bought empty applicator bottles from sallys or something, thats a big waste!

How about this find at My local Dollar Tree store, I stopped in to pick up one thing, and low and behold I come across this, Its the Got2b hair strengthening lotion, and it has all very good ingredients, check this out:
2b.jpg
:

ETA: You know I had to buy several!

Back