Spinoff: LHCF Was Wrong When They Said...

TangleTeaser
Denman brush

both tore my curls out :sad:

Brown sugar scrub :perplexed (got that from a member)
worst idea ever. I scratched up my scalp and it was on fire when I rinsed with warm water :burning:

Last edited:
It was my understanding that mineral oil isn't bad for your hair it is full of chemicals due to the way it was processed and we didn't want to absorb the chemicals into our bloodstream. This is the same reason I avoid parabens.

Silicones are fine if you use a sulfate shampoo to remove it but since do many of us are low poo to no poo we can get silicone buildup. The build up on some people's hair caused their hair to become resistant to absorbing moisture. Thus resulting in breakage.

I think cones are fine if they are periodically removed.

I am not a cone user but will use it in family members hair. I do make sure to remove the cones.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Mistycat said:
-I have never had silicone buildup and I don't even use sulfate shampoo. A natural shampoo is sufficient enough to get rid of everything, at least in my hair.

I think it depends on the amount used and the type of silicone. Some are water soluble and some have to be removed with sulfates.

Eta: this link has a good explanation and lists good and bad silicones. http://blackhairmedia.com/hair-care/silicones-in-hair-products-good-or-bad/

Last edited:
- Overnight deep conditioning is the truth. I ended up with an itchy scalp & tangled hair.

- Air drying is the best method. No matter how well I thought I detangled my hair turned into a tangled & rough mess && required more manipulation than when I blow dried.

- Mixing crummy products with good ingredients in an attempt to use things up is a smart idea. I always ended up wasting good stuff to end up with a product just as bad as the original & my hair paid the price.

- Henna is harmless. It took me forever to recover from henna setbacks.

Shea butter + water is all a natural haired woman needs

Lies on top of lies on top of lies :nono:

OMG This!!!! My hair absolutely hates shea butter. I'd do better just using water and nothing else :perplexed.

I second the denman lie!! It made my 4a sections lose all definition and poodle up, and it was always ripping out my hair :nono:

That online natural hair products are worth the stupid money they charge. No just no.
That tea rinses would save my hair's life :lachen:.
That cones are the Devil. But when your hair's matted to yo head, them cones will save your life!! Serums are the only way I could ever dry detangle :yep:.

That natural remedies such as tea tree oil, EVCO, ACV, etc. get rid of dandruff/scalp issues. I just use a shampoo with zinc pyrithione now and I'm good.

I think it depends on the amount used and the type of silicone. Some are water soluble and some have to be removed with sulfates.

Eta: this link has a good explanation and lists good and bad silicones. http://blackhairmedia.com/hair-care/silicones-in-hair-products-good-or-bad/

Im aware of the the different types of silicones. I never had silicone buildup with any type of silicones and I use a deep conditioner w/ both types. Ive been natural for close to six years and have not felt the need to use a sulfate poo to get rid of buildup that has yet to come. Personally, I don't believe in hair "rules". It's either it works or it doesn't for every individual head of hair. Shoot, I haven't had a protein treatment since I've been natural and supposedly that's a no no for heat users.

Last edited:
I'll make a differentiation for the Shea Moisture products: Their stylers are garbage. The Curl Enhancing Smoothie, those milks...they are awful. My hair just breaks off. Hates the stuff. The cleansing and condition products work OK (for me), though.

Yessssss. Shea butter on my hair was a dried, waxy mess. Can we say greasy straw. I wanted to like it bc it's cheap and accessible but my hair said no. That goes for all the other butters too. They just caused buildup and dried my hair out.

Yeah I had the same greasy straw feeling

Surprisingly I love the shea moisture pink range I can only use shea when it's been mixed in with other ingredients

Can't take the stuff straight up :nono:

Back