Spinoff: How should a man approach you?

frida1980

This is a spinoff from the "Tired of being holla'd at" thread.

I think we all have a fat book of stupid ways men try to hit on us. Pick lines, stupid or offensive questions, player pose, stalking, etc. But I think a lot of men need to know the right way to pick up a woman. So let's have it. How do you want a man to approach you?

Here's my preferred ways:

1. If in public, start a benign conversation

It could be about the food I'm buying. It could be about the length of the line we're in. It could be about the weather. As long as it's not about you picking me up. Having a small convo let's me gauge what kind of guy you are. If your smart, have any depth, or interesting. It's a preview for the first date.

2. Let someone introduce you.

If someone we both know introduces us, it gives you some credibility. I hope to god that this is a nice guy or girl, and not that crazy/dumb guy that I can't stand. It won't look good.

3, Sincerity.

Just approach me like a sincere man. "Hi, I was wondering if you like to get some coffee..." No pick up lines, leering, pimp walk, just a nice guy. It works.

Here's my preferred ways:

1. If in public, start a benign conversation

It could be about the food I'm buying. It could be about the length of the line we're in. It could be about the weather. As long as it's not about you picking me up. Having a small convo let's me gauge what kind of guy you are. If your smart, have any depth, or interesting. It's a preview for the first date.

If someone we both know introduces us, it gives you some credibility. I hope to god that this is a nice guy or girl, and not that crazy/dumb guy that I can't stand. It won't look good.

3, Sincerity.

Just approach me like a sincere man. "Hi, I was wondering if you like to get some coffee..." No pick up lines, leering, pimp walk, just a nice guy. It works.

Exactly.:yep:

In 2007 a gentleman came into the office and we spoke briefly and he was very friendly, we exchanged names. Apparently he came back and got the office address and wrote me a very nice letter and ask me out on a date.

In some cases, they need to research whether or not the introducer (?) has a good relationship with this person, because it has happened to me where someone who knew me tried to introduce their friend, and I wasn't having any of it. Simply knowing the person isn't enough.

Back