SPINOFF: HOW MUCH MSM FOR GROWTH???

ttlayli

There are a lot of threads about MSM...but I havent been able to find able to find one specifically on how much to take for growth. I just jumped on the wagon a couple of days ago. I am only taking 1000mg a day or 1/4 tsp a day. Is that enough for growth?? How much do you ladies take??? :drunk:

Msm as with all supplements react differently in different bodies. You have to go on your own personal tolerance. Some people just take 1000mg, some can take 10,000mg. The amounts for growth are different for different people so go based off of how your body feels.

Since you have been taking 1000mg, try increaseing by levels of 500mg every two weeks. Monitor how your body feels as you increase. Monitor your hair changes. Usually though from the responses on this board, most people see the desired changes in texture and growth at around 3000mg.

How soon did you ladies see results?? Do you take the MSM in a single dose, like at bedtime or several doses throughout the day??

How soon did you ladies see results?? Do you take the MSM in a single dose, like at bedtime or several doses throughout the day??

I try to space out doses of everything I take. Don't forget to take it with OJ or another vitamin C enriched beverage, since vitamin C helps absorption of MSM and makes it more effective.

I was taking it for an arthritic condition for a health concern and my hair and Toenails grew so thick I had to discontinue use cause when I was cutting my toenails they would Ping to the other side of the room. I was afraid that I would have those horse hoof toenails. It also did work on the arthritis and I avoided surgery for 3 years longer.( I eventually had to have the surgery but It really did help):lachen:

I was taking it for an arthritic condition for a health concern and my hair and Toenails grew so thick I had to discontinue use cause when I was cutting my toenails they would Ping to the other side of the room. I was afraid that I would have those horse hoof toenails. It also did work on the arthritis and I avoided surgery for 3 years longer.( I eventually had to have the surgery but It really did help):lachen:

Girl you are too funny!!! :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I take about 1 teaspoon of MSM...and I love the stuff!

I am seeing all kinds of benefits!!!

I have tried other amounts...but I feel 1 teaspoon works well

I'm still trying to figure out if MSM makes one gain weight. Gym, do you have any information on whether or not MSM affects weight? Thanks.

Also, which brand are ya'll using?

I'm still trying to figure out if MSM makes one gain weight. Gym, do you have any information on whether or not MSM affects weight? Thanks.

Where did you hear about weight gain?? I heard that you could lose weight....something I don't want to happen at all! I can't afford to lose weight! :lachen:

I'm currently taking NOW brand MSM powder. Half of a teaspoon is 1,800 mg. I usually take about two teaspoons. I also have some MSM pills left over. I take two pills at 1,500 mg. each.

Any excess MSM is passed through the urine.

No weight gain here! Just the excessive growth of toenails.
Oh yeah- whatever your body doesnt need it urinates out just like vitamin C

Back