Spinoff: How Are The Men In Chicago?

Same as men everywhere else you have the good the bad and the downright ugly It depends on where you are and what type of men you want

I feel like I should be able to answer both the DC and Chicago questions, since I lived in Chicago and now live in the DC area. But I'm not dating in DC. I dated in Chicago, though. It's a good dating scene, I'd say. It would have to be for my socially awkward behind to get a date. :lol: All 3 guys I dated there (and others I went on just one or two dates with) were different types of guys, so there's a variety. One was divorcing, so wasn't interested in anything serious. One asked me by the 2nd or 3rd date where we were going with this and what was I thinking marriage-wise. The last, well, he's working on coming out here to DC with me now.

There are "Ayo shawty" types all over the place who are bold and don't take no for an answer. They're not disrespectful, just annoying. :lol:

Beyond that, given the companies and schools that are in Chicago, there's a decent sized contingent of "educated brovas". What I do like about Chicago, over DC, is that when the weather is right, people take advantage of it. There are street fairs and music festivals, people are out running/biking, dining with friends, playing sports in the park, walking dogs - people are just OUT etc. So there's a lot of opportunity to meet people during the warm months, assuming that you are also out of the house. I've got friends who play in the "In The Zone" adult flag football league who are dating left and right and seem to love it...

And the LA Fitness on Roosevelt is full of single men if you don't mind being bothered while getting your workout on... :look:

Last edited:
I feel like I should be able to answer both the DC and Chicago questions, since I lived in Chicago and now live in the DC area. But I'm not dating in DC. I dated in Chicago, though. It's a good dating scene, I'd say. It would have to be for my socially awkward behind to get a date. :lol: All 3 guys I dated there (and others I went on just one or two dates with) were different types of guys, so there's a variety. One was divorcing, so wasn't interested in anything serious. One asked me by the 2nd or 3rd date where we were going with this and what was I thinking marriage-wise. The last, well, he's working on coming out here to DC with me now.

I just checked out your location in your profile and it gave me the laugh I oh so needed :lachen::lachen::lachen:!! Good to hear that the men aren't on the same stuff the DC men are on.. Thanks for your feedback.

There are "Ayo shawty" types all over the place who are bold and don't take no for an answer. They're not disrespectful, just annoying. :lol:

Beyond that, given the companies and schools that are in Chicago, there's a decent sized contingent of "educated brovas". What I do like about Chicago, over DC, is that when the weather is right, people take advantage of it. There are street fairs and music festivals, people are out running/biking, dining with friends, playing sports in the park, walking dogs - people are just OUT etc. So there's a lot of opportunity to meet people during the warm months, assuming that you are also out of the house. I've got friends who play in the "In The Zone" adult flag football league who are dating left and right and seem to love it...

And the LA Fitness on Roosevelt is full of single men if you don't mind being bothered while getting your workout on... :look:

This is the part that I absolutely love, it reminds me of NYC in many ways based off what I've been hearing.

So the men out there aren't expecting the women to do the chasing? That's always refreshing, lol.

I can co sign this. :yep:

I understand the Bally's on the border of Hyde Park (on 47th) is full of middle-class black folk and they be giving folks the flirty eye, just what I heard . . .

Gotta tell my litte sisters about this one.

I go there...lol..... There are way more sweeties then eligible men..

I understand the Bally's on the border of Hyde Park (on 47th) is full of middle-class black folk and they be giving folks the flirty eye, just what I heard . . .

I did too. If they are black and downtown, they will do it there too. You meant black men, right?

I'm sure there have to be some that don't do that, but if I were you I would work under the assumption that the majority do. Well, 90%, like I said.

I always got the sense that The men in Chi Town are similar to the men in NY...just cool arse easy going dudes for the most part...you got your fools here and there though of course.

Last edited:
Back