Spinoff: Difference between Rinse & Conditioners

hothair

Ok I've seen the rinses but only used Silicon Mix (not leave-in) and Miss Key super 10 en 1 (which i :love:) But what's the difference with the conditioners and the rinses, don't you still have to rinse out? Is it that they're just diluted or something? Help! I'm getting someone to send me Dom products from NY so want to know what to get:yep:

I believe a rinse is a conditioner that works only on the surface of the hair to smooth, detangle, or add shine. It is only left on for around 5 minutes or less. A conditioner, or deep conditioner (I think you mean) is meant to contribute to the inner health of the hair. It penetrates into the strand and moisturizes from within. It is left on the hair for 10-15 minutes or more.

ETA: I've read here that one way to tell the difference is to note whether the directions on the package say to use for 5 minutes or less, or to use for 10-15 minutes or more and with or without heat.

Last edited:
Good question! I was looking at some dominican products too and noticed that each brand had a rinse to go with the shampoo and conditioner..

I'm assuming the rinse is a final rinse after the poo and dc....but why?

Sometimes a rinse is needed if the DC doesn't provide enough slip for detangling. But if the DC detangles, a rinse is not needed.

I believe a rinse is a conditioner that works only on the surface of the hair to smooth, detangle, or add shine. It is only left on for around 5 minutes or less. A conditioner, or deep conditioner (I think you mean) is meant to contribute to the inner health of the hair. It penetrates into the strand and moisturizes from within. It is left on the hair for 10-15 minutes or more.

ETA: I've read here that one way to tell the difference is to note whether the directions on the package say to use for 5 minutes or less, or to use for 10-15 minutes or more and with or without heat.

Yeah I think so too, I think a rinse is a lightweight conditioner.

Back