Spinoff: Can you strand test the crown area?

itismehmmkay

Tai recommended that I get a strand test to find out how long to keep a mild relaxer in my hair. (Thanks, girl
smile.gif
)

How do you all think that my crown area can be strand-tested without getting on the rest of my hair AND without wetting my hair during the wash out?

I'm not sure how to do a strand test in the crown.
scratchchin.gif

When I do them, I use the hair near the nape. Then I put a plastic cap on the person's head, just leaving the part w/ the relaxer/texturizer out so I can rinse it.

<font color="purple">I agree with Tai. Always do a strand test in the nape area. That way the rest of the hair will not get the relaxer on it, and it'll be out of the way for sure. Do you have someone who can determine if your hair will take the mild relaxer after rinsing and neutralizing the test sample? </font>

See, I'm used to a "nape" strand-test too. My main concern, however, is how well my crown area is going to take the relaxer. My crown area is curled the tightest and would need to have the relaxer applied to first and for the longest. With that said, I know the nape of my hair wouldn't be a good representative for the rest of my head, especially the crown area.

I will have a hair professional do it for me. It's just that I can't think how he'll be able to rinse out the relaxer from just my crown..........
scratchchin.gif

Back