Spinoff: Babybliss Salon Hood Ionic Dryer

LovelyLionessa

Is anyone here using this? I'm thinking about purchasing it, I tried doing a search, but I can't find the LHCFer who I remember using it. I like the fact that its ionic, but the hood doesn't come down as far as on the Pibbs and some other salon models. What do you guys think? This one is only $104 which is considerable less than the Pibbs. Any input would be appreciated. :grin:

BABHHDRIC_d.jpg

I'm waiting on mine to arrive :D ! I bought it at ebonyline.com (Their customer service is excellent.) I think it's the same model as you speaking about. It doesn't say anything about being an ionic model, but I loved the price.

http://www.ebonyline.com/50215.html

It's due to arrive on 7/18. I'm doing a roller set the minute that thing gets here, ionic or not :lol: !

Priestess said:
Is anyone here using this? I'm thinking about purchasing it, I tried doing a search, but I can't find the LHCFer who I remember using it. I like the fact that its ionic, but the hood doesn't come down as far as on the Pibbs and some other salon models. What do you guys think? This one is only $104 which is considerable less than the Pibbs. Any input would be appreciated. :grin:

BABHHDRIC_d.jpg

I own this dryer and I love it. The reason I did not purchase the Pibbs is because I was afraid that I could not do my conditioners with plastic caps. When I called the company about the dyer they stated that I would need a hair net to use the Pibbs. I passed and decided to purchase the Babybliss ionic. It drys my hair in about in 45-1hr and I always have a nice shine. I paid $150 for mine at folica, so think it's the same as this one.

I have this dryer. It works pretty well except it's a tight fit with larger rollers under the dryer and the top of my hair dries much faster than the bottom.

ravenmerlita said:
I have this dryer. It works pretty well except it's a tight fit with larger rollers under the dryer and the top of my hair dries much faster than the bottom.

This was my concern about these dryers. I wanted to get this one but I think I'll pass.

april shower said:
This was my concern about these dryers. I wanted to get this one but I think I'll pass.

Me too. The dryer I have now dries very unevenly (top drying much quicker than bottom) and it is very aggravating. I've moved to just airdrying my rollersets. That's how bad it is. I was considering getting this dryer but I'm just going to save up for a pibbs.

janeemat said:
I own this dryer and I love it. The reason I did not purchase the Pibbs is because I was afraid that I could not do my conditioners with plastic caps. When I called the company about the dyer they stated that I would need a hair net to use the Pibbs. I passed and decided to purchase the Babybliss ionic. It drys my hair in about in 45-1hr and I always have a nice shine. I paid $150 for mine at folica, so think it's the same as this one.

Whew...had to do research on this one (I indoctrinated my dryer with a plastic cap on). The manual states: "Please be that this is not an "air conditioned" type dryer with gentle air circulation. This dryer has a powerful mount motor and fan, which circulates the air within the hood, and as a result, drawing loose hair back up and into the fan. Therefore, this dryer must be used with a hair net when working with loose or long hair that is not pinned, as in a roller set. It can also be used as a source of heat to enhance chemical processes, where the hair is covered with plastic or foil."

:( Me too...I was sooo excited to use this, but I had to almost cram my head up under there...I think its that plastic shield, it has a funny lip on it that makes the hood opening smaller than it should be.

ravenmerlita said:

Thanks for asking this. Since it has a tight fit, it seems like the Pibbs is the only way to go. Or is there something just as roomy?

I use 2 inch mesh rollers with mine and have no problems, I am very happy with my purchase. I really couldn't justify spending 3x the money on a Pibbs. The Babybliss is a good dryer IMHO.

I'm sorry but that looks just like the one I gave my mother. I have rollers that are the equivalent of wrapping with a soda can all the way down to the 7/8 inch rollers. I can't fit my head under that dryer.

I'm sorry but that looks just like the one I gave my mother. I have rollers that are the equivalent of wrapping with a soda can all the way down to the 7/8 inch rollers. I can't fit my head under that dryer.

And I have a big head too.:look: I would hate to get the Babyliss and it be too small. Pibbs it is.:grin:

I do not use soda can size rollers and I also use mesh rollers which really speeds up drying time. Just my personal experience, to each his own.

:bump: :bump: just purchased from folica.com and hoping it works so I can do my deep conditioners right.

Last edited:
Back