Spinoff - Adding scented oil to your conditioner?

Glib Gurl

This is a spinoff to the thread asking about your favorite smelling conditioner. I personally use Silicon Mix to DC, but I'm not wild about he smell . . . I've been thinking of adding some fragrance to it (probably will be bootleg about it and just add a couple of drops from my Bath & Body works body oil), but I'm wondering how that might impact the effectiveness of the conditioner and also how it might affect my hair!

So, I'm wondering - Does anyone add anything to alter the scent of their hair products? Tips and techniques, please! :grin:

I add peach mango scent to my hot oil treatments.I tried it in a funky conditioner but then it just smelled like funk+peaches so I had to toss it.

I have nothing to add because I'm in the same boat as you. I used silicon mix and I love it, but I hate the way it smells. My last wash, I used this as my DC and the smell stayed in my hair for about four days after. I want to put something in it, but I don't want that to affect how it works. I think I'm just gonna suck it up, b/c it's too great of a product for me to be turned off by the smell.

Back