SPIN OFF: Get Out of the Wilderness Already!

loolalooh

I was talking with someone this week. She shared her situation and that she might be in a Spirit-led wilderness. I looked at the situation and saw the reverse - a devil-led wilderness. Now the truth of her situation (Spirit-led wilderness or not) is really between her and God. I can only offer what I observe, but it did get me thinking. Then I watched a video today on the topic of suffering, and self-isolation was mentioned. Hmm. I feel the need to ask these questions and have us think on some things ...

1. Are you sure you are in a wilderness?
2. Or are you isolating yourself without approval from God?
3. Are you sure your wilderness is God-led?
4. Or could your wilderness be the devil's doing?
5. Has your Spirit-led wilderness become so comfortable you are afraid to leave?
(Think Moses)
6. Have you stripped yourself of community that counts (such as a church home, a fellowship that loves you, etc.)?
7. Has a bad experience with one Christian community turned you away from other Christian communities?

Just some food for thought. I'm beginning to view #5 as the case for me. Remember when Moses became comfortable in his wilderness?

Exodus 4:13

13 But he [Moses] said, “O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send." (NKJV)

great topic and great questions.

Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.--mt 4:1
Here is an example of the Spirit leading one into the wilderness

In reading Genesis, Adam and Eve, under the sneaky tricks of the devil were led into a wilderness of sorts when they were put out of the garden.

I think that it is important to be able to recognize which is which.

When God leads you there, there is a way out of the wilderness, in Jesus's case, he used scripture against the devil

In Adam and Eve's case, there was nothing they could do to get back into the Garden.

Last edited:

Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.--mt 4:1

In reading Genesis, Adam and Eve, under the sneaky tricks of the devil were led into a wilderness of sorts when they were put out of the garden.

When God leads you there, there is a way out of the wilderness, in Jesus's case, he used scripture against the devil

In Adam and Eve's case, there was nothing they could do to get back into the Garden.

There's always that special moment when someone pulls a familar story from the Bible and sheds new light on it. This is one of those moments! Thank you for sharing!

There's always that special moment when someone pulls a familar story from the Bible and sheds new light on it. This is one of those moments! Thank you for sharing!

funny thing is that it was new to me as well. The Spirit led me to that revelation about adam and eve. I asked Him. . .Who was led into the wilderness by the devil? He said, Adam and Eve when they allowed the devil to lead them out of the garden.

The lesson is that sometimes just entertaining the devil can lead you into a wilderness. Eve could have just ignored the devil. . .but noooooooo, she had to have a chat with him. :nono:

Be careful who you talk to and about what, especially online. Some people are just wolves in sheeps clothing who know EXACTLY what they are doing, which is to try to publicly lead us into a wilderness.

This is a great discussion and timely.

HeChangedMyName - thank you for sharing! You provided excellent examples.

For the past few months 1 John 4:1 has been on my heart - “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God."

Also, I believe that when we are out of the Will of God it is very easy for the enemy to lead us into the wilderness.

I believe prayer, reading the word of God, and asking God for the Spirit of Truth will help us discern what's really going on in our lives and around us.

Church was great yesterday and the minister teaching said something and it really was a lightbulb moment. It also brought me to this thread.

First of all the topic was "Freedom In Jesus" but a demonstrative scripture that she used was about how God will turn folks over to a reprobate mind--Rom 1:28. This sounds like wilderness to me. . . .

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Question: Can a person come back from a reprobate mind? Is this a permenant wilderness?

Church was great yesterday and the minister teaching said something and it really was a lightbulb moment. It also brought me to this thread.

First of all the topic was "Freedom In Jesus" but a demonstrative scripture that she used was about how God will turn folks over to a reprobate mind--Rom 1:28. This sounds like wilderness to me. . . .

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Question: Can a person come back from a reprobate mind? Is this a permenant wilderness?

Good topic and question. I need to read up on this and come back it.

Back