spin-off, Deep Conditioning Frequency

How often do you DC (product specifically for DCing)

• Never

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 1-2 times per week

Votes: 109 83.2%
  • 3-5 times per week

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Daily

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other--please explain

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I deep condition after any wash in which I have used shampoo. I use alot of WEN products now so on those days I just let it sit until I feel like rinsing out.

My deep conditioning products include TIGI dumb blond reconstructor, ORS replenishing, Kenra MC, Pantene relaxed and natural mask and recently, I have been trying out MOP extreme moisture treatment. I leave them on for atleast 15 minutes with or without heat depending on how I feel. The TIGI works well for me when I leave it on for 15-20 minutes and the ORS works well when I use heat for atleast 15 minutes. The Kenra and the Pantene usually get to chill out on my head for atleast 20 minutes, usually 30 or more since I try to watch a tv show or study while I wait.

Gym, I was thinking about adding this to my stash. How did it work for you? Lots a slip? Fess up girl:grin:.

Oooops! Sorry about hi-jacking your thread OP.

I have soooo many deep conditioners but among my faves are Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner, Mizani ThermaSmooth Conditioner, Keracare Humecto, Lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol, Kenra Moisturizing conditioner, Pantene Relaxed & Natural Hair conditioning mask, Alter Ego Garlic Treatment, and Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor. Even though I love all of these conditioners, I will only be keeping about 3-4 of them in my product rotation because I will be replacing most of them with organic and natural hair care products.

Last edited:
I DC twice a week with steam. The steam treatments enable me to have so much slip - it's lovely. I rotate between Pantene R&N, Aveda Dry Remedy, Butter Treat, Masquintense and Humecto.

Redken Real Control Currently.

Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat is Great Too.

JASON conditioners meet this thread's requirement and are fan-tab-u-lous! :grin:

If I count my steaming treatments which I do 7 days a week...daily. If just what counts for this thread...I DC weekly.

I DC after every wash (which is normally 1x per week unless wearing sew-in)

I alternate each week with in no particular order:
-ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner and Aussie 3-Min Miracle
-AO Honeysuckle Rose
-Neutrogena Triple Moisture Hair Mask
-Pantene R&N Mask

I DC twice a week... once with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and once with Aubrey Organics GPB... I love Aubrey Organics conditioners!!!!

Last edited:
I deep condition after any wash in which I have used shampoo. I use alot of WEN products now so on those days I just let it sit until I feel like rinsing out.

My deep conditioning products include TIGI dumb blond reconstructor, ORS replenishing, Kenra MC, Pantene relaxed and natural mask and recently, I have been trying out MOP extreme moisture treatment. I leave them on for atleast 15 minutes with or without heat depending on how I feel. The TIGI works well for me when I leave it on for 15-20 minutes and the ORS works well when I use heat for atleast 15 minutes. The Kenra and the Pantene usually get to chill out on my head for atleast 20 minutes, usually 30 or more since I try to watch a tv show or study while I wait.

Gym,I've been eyeing the huge bottles of these form Marshall's and tj maxx.
How is it as a reconstructor??
I'v been using this stuff called You + him and her*i think* .I tried to google it,but got a million responses,and none of them relevant:ohwell:

It's in a red jar,and it leaves my hair EXTREMELY SOFT:yep::yep::yep:
Love it for a dc!!

edit:Oh,and i dc about 2-3 times a week.

Every other day. 3x with NTM Mask then 1x with ORS Replenishing Pak. If I'm experimenting with something new I'll substitute it in for one of the NTM DCs.

i switch between humectress, honey suckle rose and extreme moisture. very rarely i'll use a reconstructor and i'm trying to use up the ones i have so i can buy some cpr and stick to that for a while. I dc 1-2 times a week.

eta: i forgot to add I use heat for at least 30 minutes.

Last edited:
i switch between humectress, honey suckle rose and extreme moisture. very rarely i'll use a reconstructor and i'm trying to use up the ones i have so i can buy some cpr and stick to that for a while. I dc 1-2 times a week.

eta: i forgot to add I use heat for at least 30 minutes.

I have got to try this co. Since your thread on how much you loved it I have had it on my to-buy list. I haven't been to ulta in a while but the time I went the bottles they had were missing a large amt. of the co and I could not bring myself to purchase them b/c of it.

Deep condition with Verifen Complex Advance Conditioning Treatment or Motions Moisture Plus twice a month.

I normally deep condition once a week. For moisture I use Joico Intense Hydrator; and protein Kenra Silk Protein.

ETA: Now that my hair is healthy I can deep condition twice a month if I choose.

Last edited:

Gym what's your opinion of this co? I have had this on my to buy list for the longest it seems but have never gotten around to buying it, yet. The bottles they had at Ulta had a lot of the conditioner missing and I just couldn't bring myself to purchase a half filled bottle at full price.

I DC twice a week with the following:
Aveda Damage Remedy
Vitale 12 Min Reconstructor
Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor
Nexxus Humectin
Silicon Mix

I deep condition every week. I don’t NEED to do it every week, but I like to. It is kinda nice and spa-like for me and it si nice to have my fluffy robe on chilling out giving my hair the special treatment.

I also enjoy the chance to try a variety of conditioners for the task. I have several that I use and I pick depending on my hair’s protein and/or moisture needs at the time.

I try to use conditioners WITHOUT silicone. My hair tends to feel better and less coated afterwards. Right now I have Devacurl Heaven In Hair, Biolage Conditioning Balm and Nexxus Keraphix in rotation for my cone free conditioners. I do use some silicone conditioners as needed, but end up shampooing my hair again to alleviate the coated feeling. Those include, Tigi Dumb Blonde (mixed with Suave Orange smoothie or some other cheapie) and Redken Real Control mask.

I LOVE deep conditioning my hair. It is a relaxing part of my routine and my hair does better with it.

1-2x a month.....miss keys 10en1.......salerm wheat germ mask,.....hairveda strinilah. ill use roux porosity control moisture pak or ors pak the first 2 washes after a relaxer

1-2x a month.....miss keys 10en1.......salerm wheat germ mask,.....hairveda strinilah. ill use roux porosity control moisture pak or ors pak the first 2 washes after a relaxer

I am going to have to try this b/c my hair came out way underprocessed and I am heated about it.

Biolage Conditioning Balm
Hi HoneyDew. I have a question about the Biolage Conditioning Balm. I was wondering if the directions suggests that it is a deep conditioner? Because the Biolage ultra Conditioning Balm is but it has cones. Also do you have the old formula in the tub or new formula in the tube? i heard that the new formula is not as thick.

Btw I loooooove DC also :lick: It is like a treat for me. I have transitioned to natural organic products for my poo's, cons and moisturisers but when it comes to DC's I love to splurge on special treatments.

Hi HoneyDew. I have a question about the Biolage Conditioning Balm. I was wondering if the directions suggests that it is a deep conditioner? Because the Biolage ultra Conditioning Balm is but it has cones. Also do you have the old formula in the tub or new formula in the tube? i heard that the new formula is not as thick.

Btw I loooooove DC also :lick: It is like a treat for me. I have transitioned to natural organic products for my poo's, cons and moisturisers but when it comes to DC's I love to splurge on special treatments.

You know for the longest time I did not realize there was the regular one and the Ultra one. I tried the Ultra one last year sometime and did not like it. Then one day I saw both of them on the shelf at Beautyfirst and the light bulb went off. I actually prefer the regular conditioning balm. It has no cones at all. I love it! I am using the one in the tub. It is very thick, but not too thick to apply. i don't think the directions suggest that it is a deep conditioner though. I will check when I get home.

Edited to add:
I looked at the tub last night and it says to leave it on for 1-3 min. I left it on for about 20 min with heat. Worked wonderfully.

Last edited:
You know for the longest time I did not realize there was the regular one and the Ultra one. I tried the Ultra one last year sometime and did not like it. Then one day I saw both of them on the shelf at Beautyfirst and the light bulb went off. I actually prefer the regular conditioning balm. It has no cones at all. I love it! I am using the one in the tub. It is very thick, but not too thick to apply. i don't think the directions suggest that it is a deep conditioner though. I will check when I get home.

Cosigninng.... I have the regular one too and I looovvvvve it. I also use it as a deep conditioner and it really leaves my hair very very soft. I think it's made with ceramides in it.

I voted other because I only dc once or twice a month. I alternate between Miss Keys 10 n' 1, Elasta QP DPR-11, Hairveda Sittrinillah Mask, Cholesterol Shea butter, D'Fina 11 n' 1, Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Mask, and Keracare Humecto.

Last edited:
i do 1x a week now that it colder and i flat iron. during the summer since i co wash daily i deep condition anywhere from 2-4x a week.

Back