SPEEDY GROWTH TRANSITIOINERS CHECK IN NOW!!

Nanyanika

I'm a few days late....How are you all progressing? any pics to share? has anyone fallen of the bandwagon such as gone back to relaxing and why? Recently i've been tempted to go back to texturizing due to the coarseness of my hair. i plan to take vits again once i'm settled. Has anyone noticed that their transitioning hair isn't responding to products that previously used to work well. i know that is the case for me, i wonder why? also please list any regime changes? eg products, routines etc I hope everyone else is doing well.

I fell off about 2 months ago and relaxed my hair because it was locing up and I got super frustrated with it. The same products work for me, but I have gone from daily cws to one cw a week and once a week shampooing and deep conditioning. This helps to cut down on the manipulation for me. I'm taking my vits pretty consistently. I have a few pics of my new growth in my album at 14 weeks-where it was before I relaxed it. Thanks! I'm back on the trek to natural again...things are working out much better this time.

Jewell said:
I fell off about 2 months ago and relaxed my hair because it was locing up and I got super frustrated with it. The same products work for me, but I have gone from daily cws to one cw a week and once a week shampooing and deep conditioning. This helps to cut down on the manipulation for me. I'm taking my vits pretty consistently. I have a few pics of my new growth in my album at 14 weeks-where it was before I relaxed it. Thanks! I'm back on the trek to natural again...things are working out much better this time.
Hi Jewell, i saw your newgrowth pic earlier today, your hair is lovely. Less manipulation is always best, especially on transitioing hair. Keep up the great work.

Im still transitioing. My products still work. Im actually having no problems (with the exception of some minor shedding) with this transition. The only thing I hav a problem with is time! Its not passing fast enough!

I really need to get some pics ASAP. My relaxer is just about out of my hair, with the exception of one side of my head!!! the left side. So the right side is all wavy, and the other side is straight. I put the MTG and Surge, but nothing. The rest of my hair is growing like weeds!

ETA: I do the CW's every two or three days. And I use a diffuser, to take out most of the dampness.

imstush said:
I really need to get some pics ASAP. My relaxer is just about out of my hair, with the exception of one side of my head!!! the left side. So the right side is all wavy, and the other side is straight. I put the MTG and Surge, but nothing. The rest of my hair is growing like weeds!

ETA: I do the CW's every two or three days. And I use a diffuser, to take out most of the dampness.
Excellent, almost relaxer free. I'd love to see hair pics soon.How long were you transitioning for? and did you encounter difficulties? what was your experience like? thanks in advance.

beyondcute said:
Im still transitioing. My products still work. Im actually having no problems (with the exception of some minor shedding) with this transition. The only thing I hav a problem with is time! Its not passing fast enough!
lol Forget about the time.. i just wish, i was having a great transition like you!! good luck.

I'm still here. I don't know about speedy growth tho. If the average hair growth rate a month is 1/2-1" per month, I should have more than what my newgrowth shows me. I can't tell if some of my hair is underprocessed, just really straight newgrowth, or shrinkage. My last crack addiction was on August 25, 2005 so it has been almost 3 months. It appears (and I use that word loosely) that I have about 1.5 inches of new growth when really, I should have about 2.5-3 inches if that makes sense.

I don't know how to do protective hair styles and the only thing I like to do is a rollerset. I have been doing CW's everyday to every other day, but I get tired of rolling my hair everynight (I let it air dry when I do).

My B-D-B's and buck shots are starting to show. Even when I use a pomade and water and tie it down, they come back later during the day. Some of my hair in the back is uneven and the b-d-b's are visible (which I hate!) I guess I will have to start to get used to them, because after all, those buck shots are newgrowth.

I used up all my expensive products (I'ma PJ!) and I am only using Pantene Relaxed and Naturals conditioner and their Oil Cream Moisturizer, Infusium 23 leave-in for when I do CW. If I don't CW, I will put some jojoba or aloe vera oil on my hair at night. I stopped using shampoo and grease.

Someone said it right, time is NOT going by fast enough!

den1 said:
Hi Jewell, i saw your newgrowth pic earlier today, your hair is lovely. Less manipulation is always best, especially on transitioing hair. Keep up the great work.

Thanks! :D

Checking in... umm I'm not doing anything spectacular or new right now-just trying to hang in there. I have pretty much abandoned the special things I was trying to increase my hair growth. Tomorrow makes 12 months since my last touch up. 6 months to go or so until i can cut all of the relaxer out. Tomorrow, I will get a trim and keep on keepin' on. I can't wait until I can cut all of the relaxer out and just wash my hair and put it up. For now... I am still having to style every time I wash...and that's a real drag.

shellzfoshizzle said:
I'm still here. I don't know about speedy growth tho. If the average hair growth rate a month is 1/2-1" per month, I should have more than what my newgrowth shows me. I can't tell if some of my hair is underprocessed, just really straight newgrowth, or shrinkage. My last crack addiction was on August 25, 2005 so it has been almost 3 months. It appears (and I use that word loosely) that I have about 1.5 inches of new growth when really, I should have about 2.5-3 inches if that makes sense.

I don't know how to do protective hair styles and the only thing I like to do is a rollerset. I have been doing CW's everyday to every other day, but I get tired of rolling my hair everynight (I let it air dry when I do).

My B-D-B's and buck shots are starting to show. Even when I use a pomade and water and tie it down, they come back later during the day. Some of my hair in the back is uneven and the b-d-b's are visible (which I hate!) I guess I will have to start to get used to them, because after all, those buck shots are newgrowth.

I used up all my expensive products (I'ma PJ!) and I am only using Pantene Relaxed and Naturals conditioner and their Oil Cream Moisturizer, Infusium 23 leave-in for when I do CW. If I don't CW, I will put some jojoba or aloe vera oil on my hair at night. I stopped using shampoo and grease.

Someone said it right, time is NOT going by fast enough!
Have you tried surge, MTG or vitamins to help speed up growth? Shrinkage is inevitable i'm afraid, we'll all have to get acquainted with it. i know is a pain, my hair looks a lot shorter now even though its actually much longer. You could practise how to do buns, braid-outs and simple sets or even wear phonytails, i'm sure their are instruction videos or websites out there that can help.

Do you disilke the b d bs? have you tried slicked down with some gel, fantasia is great so is world of curls, then you could tie it down or wear braid-outs to disguise the textures. Have you thought of doing mini chops to speed up the transition process, seems like your tried and a bit bored with the diffrent textures. that's exactly how i feel. Were all here for eachother.

den1 said:
Excellent, almost relaxer free. I'd love to see hair pics soon.How long were you transitioning for? and did you encounter difficulties? what was your experience like? thanks in advance.

Hi Den 1, this is the third time that i've transitioned. My last relaxer was in May 2005, and thanks to products like Surge and MTG. The daily/every couple of days CW's my hair grew very fast. But again the problem I am facing is my left side, it wont grow. It started thinning, the reason why I said I was done with relaxers. The only difficulty is that I am getting bored with my hairstyles. I get lots of compliments when I wear my hair long and curly, but I feel self conscious sometimes. I usually wear it back in a very loose ponytail. Sometimes I still think about putting a relaxer in my hair or texurizing, but instead I will go to the dominicans, and just as fast as i get my hair blown out, i get bored and miss my curls.

imstush said:
Hi Den 1, this is the third time that i've transitioned. My last relaxer was in May 2005, and thanks to products like Surge and MTG. The daily/every couple of days CW's my hair grew very fast. But again the problem I am facing is my left side, it wont grow. It started thinning, the reason why I said I was done with relaxers. The only difficulty is that I am getting bored with my hairstyles. I get lots of compliments when I wear my hair long and curly, but I feel self conscious sometimes. I usually wear it back in a very loose ponytail. Sometimes I still think about putting a relaxer in my hair or texurizing, but instead I will go to the dominicans, and just as fast as i get my hair blown out, i get bored and miss my curls.
Be patient and give the left side extra TLC scalp massages could help, vitamin e oil helped to grow in my thinning sides, maybe you could try it. Stick with the dominincan salons for blow-outs, at least you can go from curly to straight easily and not have to worry about applying chemicals. happy transitioning.

den1 said:
Be patient and give the left side extra TLC scalp massages could help, vitamin e oil helped to grow in my thinning sides, maybe you could try it. Stick with the dominincan salons for blow-outs, at least you can go from curly to straight easily and not have to worry about applying chemicals. happy transitioning.

Thanks Den1 for the advice. I will try the vitamin E oil. BTW big fan of your album and your transitioning. Your hair is growing so nicely.

ladies I really don't know what to say. For the longest time - I mean since March - all that I have needed to get is 3 inches- I just can't get it. No matter how hard I try. Since my coming to the board last year, I have opnly gotten 2-3 inches.I decided that I will give myself until August of 2006 and if I don;t get to my goal, I am going to cut my hair really short. I just can't be bothered. I am trying and nothing is working. And on top of it I have FINE hair. So I decided to do a 120 days challenge, where I will be consistent with my routine for 120 days. In this time I hope to get AT LEAST 2 inches. at least-- please:(

imstush said:
Thanks Den1 for the advice. I will try the vitamin E oil. BTW big fan of your album and your transitioning. Your hair is growing so nicely.
Thanks for the compliments imstush. Let me know how you get on with healthaid vitamin e oil, it does take time though. I'd say a good 3-4 months, remeber to take pics so you view how much progress you are making.

OnPoint said:
ladies I really don't know what to say. For the longest time - I mean since March - all that I have needed to get is 3 inches- I just can't get it. No matter how hard I try. Since my coming to the board last year, I have opnly gotten 2-3 inches.I decided that I will give myself until August of 2006 and if I don;t get to my goal, I am going to cut my hair really short. I just can't be bothered. I am trying and nothing is working. And on top of it I have FINE hair. So I decided to do a 120 days challenge, where I will be consistent with my routine for 120 days. In this time I hope to get AT LEAST 2 inches. at least-- please:(
What regime are you on? have you tried surge or Mtg. Whats your diet like? Don't stress too much, do you take hair length pics of your hair to monitor progress? are you getting breakage? We'll help you sort things out, try not to get upset. I'm having a bad time myself.

wow den1, you're giving everyone encouraging words. im sure everyone appreciates it!

I am bored with my current knowledge of hairstyles. My hair isn't long enough to put in a bun/donut...and i dont like phony ponies, i can't braid and my hair won't stay twisted.

you asked if i tried surge. When i first joined this bored in october 2004, surge was the shizznit! I bought some and used it on and off because i didn't really see a difference. At the time, i was relaxed and hadn't even thought about transitioning. If i remember correctly, the directions on the surge bottle say, "spray on scalp after washing immediately" or something like that. well, i was wearing doobies and stuff with freshly relaxed hair trying to use surge and be cute and it would mess up my style, plus i didn't wash my hair as often as the bottle directed. I think i may try it again because now, i wash my hair just about every other day-two days and maybe that will work.

i would like to know who all uses surge and is transitioning with positive results...just curious.

I don't know if I joined or not but I'll check in...

I'm 10 months post I believe...

I'm still using the same regimen as before. Once a week, very little shampoo on top of hair that already has conditioner in it. Conditioner as a leave in...CW during the week. Moisturize daily with a mix of conditioner, water, and recently added a bit of glycerin for a trial run. Still using my favorite oil, coconut oil. Lately I've been trying out different conditioners, some organic, some not. I bought a small bottle of Hollywood Carrot Oil also for a trial run. It's actually good stuff! Still trying to find my DDTA replacement, I use it for everything. I came across one conditioner that did a good job of moisturizing, but it didn't have the DDTA "feel" to it. I may not be lucky to find another conditioner that I can use for almost everything which means more products for me. Recently started using MTG and got .5" in two weeks when I used it 3 times a week.

Last week I noticed some sections of my head that appear to be totally natural! Let's see what else....I've been itching to chop (see avi!) but I want more length and I think I may kinky twist tomorrow night. If all goes well, I'll be sure to post pictures!

shellzfoshizzle said:
wow den1, you're giving everyone encouraging words. im sure everyone appreciates it!

I am bored with my current knowledge of hairstyles. My hair isn't long enough to put in a bun/donut...and i dont like phony ponies, i can't braid and my hair won't stay twisted.

you asked if i tried surge. When i first joined this bored in october 2004, surge was the shizznit! I bought some and used it on and off because i didn't really see a difference. At the time, i was relaxed and hadn't even thought about transitioning. If i remember correctly, the directions on the surge bottle say, "spray on scalp after washing immediately" or something like that. well, i was wearing doobies and stuff with freshly relaxed hair trying to use surge and be cute and it would mess up my style, plus i didn't wash my hair as often as the bottle directed. I think i may try it again because now, i wash my hair just about every other day-two days and maybe that will work.

i would like to know who all uses surge and is transitioning with positive results...just curious.
What about weaves? At least you don't have to worry abnout your hair and you'll always have a cute style to wear. It could turn out great, especially if its well cared for. You could also give surge or MTG a try, but you will have to be consistent to see results. Good luck

angellazette said:
I don't know if I joined or not but I'll check in...

I'm 10 months post I believe...

I'm still using the same regimen as before. Once a week, very little shampoo on top of hair that already has conditioner in it. Conditioner as a leave in...CW during the week. Moisturize daily with a mix of conditioner, water, and recently added a bit of glycerin for a trial run. Still using my favorite oil, coconut oil. Lately I've been trying out different conditioners, some organic, some not. I bought a small bottle of Hollywood Carrot Oil also for a trial run. It's actually good stuff! Still trying to find my DDTA replacement, I use it for everything. I came across one conditioner that did a good job of moisturizing, but it didn't have the DDTA "feel" to it. I may not be lucky to find another conditioner that I can use for almost everything which means more products for me. Recently started using MTG and got .5" in two weeks when I used it 3 times a week.

Last week I noticed some sections of my head that appear to be totally natural! Let's see what else....I've been itching to chop (see avi!) but I want more length and I think I may kinky twist tomorrow night. If all goes well, I'll be sure to post pictures!
Hi Angel, Wow ten months post relaxer, appears as if your having great time transitioning, i alsi use a similar daily moidturizer, mine contains rosewater and coconut oil. I do hope that you'll find a reputable conditioner to replace DDTA. Are you satisftied so far with the results of MTG? I recently begun using mine again. I had great results.ooh i'd love to pics of the kinkys. Happy transitioning

den1 said:
Hi Angel, Wow ten months post relaxer, appears as if your having great time transitioning, i alsi use a similar daily moidturizer, mine contains rosewater and coconut oil. I do hope that you'll find a reputable conditioner to replace DDTA. Are you satisftied so far with the results of MTG? I recently begun using mine again. I had great results.ooh i'd love to pics of the kinkys. Happy transitioning

Oh I was pleased with the .5" I got in two weeks...I just hope I can keep it up!

ThursdayGirl said:
Checking in... umm I'm not doing anything spectacular or new right now-just trying to hang in there. I have pretty much abandoned the special things I was trying to increase my hair growth. Tomorrow makes 12 months since my last touch up. 6 months to go or so until i can cut all of the relaxer out. Tomorrow, I will get a trim and keep on keepin' on. I can't wait until I can cut all of the relaxer out and just wash my hair and put it up. For now... I am still having to style every time I wash...and that's a real drag.

I'm pretty much with ThursdayGirl. Although I need and desire fast growing hair, I've given up on all the 'increase your growth' products. ....for my sanity's sake...:ohwell:

I'm currently 41 weeks post and loving my transition. I'm not having any major problems at the moment. I'd be more than happy to contribute any advice or suggestions until they pull the plug on my posting..... :lol:

The only concern I have has been dry scalp....so I've recently 'greesed' with my sulfur 8 mix. I'm not consistant so I'm not really going to look for growth from that, just the decrease in dryness.

My hair is at a length to where I can do some cool updos and curls. I've learned to open my mind and broaden my horizons. I've been trying some different styles, going out on a limb...some have been sucessful, others...well...the thing is to try what you wouldn't ordinarily try. You are dealing with different hair so it deserves different treatment and handling.

Back