MSM Challengers..... plz check in

Nanyanika

I know i'm a few days early,, but how is everyone doing, i haven't been taking mine regular, but i notice my hair isn't shedding as much as before, i use to get terrible side effects like headaches when i used unpure brands, the new horizions lignisul msm is great. has anyone notice texture changes with new growth? any extra growth. Anyway i hope you all are getting on well!!

I'm not in the challenge...but I just started back taking 2000mg of MSM daily-once in the morning with a glass of lemon and water...and again at night before bed...I'm not taking it for hair reasons though...but I guess it couldn't help.

I haven't noticed anything different anywhere. I'll need to take it for a few months to make a better determination. I have about 3/4 of a 1 lb container of powder left. When that's finished, I should have a better idea. I've been taking 2000 mg per day, but have missed a day or two each week.

i dont remember if i joined the challenge or not but i am taking msm. My hair texture is now 3c. It used to be 3c/4a but when i washed today, iy was pretty obvious because my new growth is sticking out of the upper relaxed layer. My shedding has also reduced. Im taking 1000mg but i will increase to 2000mg

My new growth comes in so straight...normally I have some wave in the new growth. In fact some of the strands are really straight. I do not use heat etc. I think it may be the MSM. I do not get the headaches like I used to and I am gradually increasing my dosage. I take 1/4 tsp (in the morning and another 1/4 at evening along with my liquid coral calcium and my Twin Lab in Black Currant concentrate and water.I really hope that this MSM is prolonging my anagen phase. I take the no sinking kinds with the OPTiMSM label. Bonjour

CurlyCrly said:
I haven't noticed anything different anywhere. I'll need to take it for a few months to make a better determination. I have about 3/4 of a 1 lb container of powder left. When that's finished, I should have a better idea. I've been taking 2000 mg per day, but have missed a day or two each week.
Will you be increasing your dose to see whther it makes a diffrence or not, i'm also taking 2000mg a day, like you i've missed out quite a few days.

Dolapo said:
i dont remember if i joined the challenge or not but i am taking msm. My hair texture is now 3c. It used to be 3c/4a but when i washed today, iy was pretty obvious because my new growth is sticking out of the upper relaxed layer. My shedding has also reduced. Im taking 1000mg but i will increase to 2000mg
Your post is very promising, i hope that my texture will have more definition over time. how long were you taking msm before you noticed a diffrence in texture/shedding etc? thanks in advance

Mahalialee4 said:
My new growth comes in so straight...normally I have some wave in the new growth. In fact some of the strands are really straight. I do not use heat etc. I think it may be the MSM. I do not get the headaches like I used to and I am gradually increasing my dosage. I take 1/4 tsp (in the morning and another 1/4 at evening along with my liquid coral calcium and my Twin Lab in Black Currant concentrate and water.I really hope that this MSM is prolonging my anagen phase. I take the no sinking kinds with the OPTiMSM label. Bonjour
Thanks for posting about your experience with MSM this reminds me when i was taking many vitamins, my sides of my hair began to straighten out, it never napped anymore, how long have you been taking msm? i think i have to revise my vitamin regime and start using fo-ti, zinc, fatty acids again, the only problem is the expense and trying to find fo-ti is hard.

I have noticed less shedding only since the last wash, I am hoping this is due to the MSM and will continue. Last week I wore my hair in twists/twistouts and I did not comb my hair until yesterday after my cw, and I had substantially less hair shedding:yay: I would say about half of what I normally experience after not combing for a week.

i think i started noticing a difference in january. i was so anxious for my newgrowth to come out i was always touching my roots. I then noticed that there was a slight wave to the newgrowth. Now, its very obvious. Yesterday, a coworker mentioned that my hair looks like i did a wavy style then tried to comb over it. That was my newgrowth and it is also thicker which is due to the biotin i think. My newgrowth is also sticking out through the thin relaxed ends. so cant wait for my next relaxer. My shedding reduced like 3 months after starting the MSM

den1 said:
Will you be increasing your dose to see whther it makes a diffrence or not, i'm also taking 2000mg a day, like you i've missed out quite a few days.

Den1, I was taking up to 4500 mg for the first 5-6 weeks, but that past couple of weeks I've slacked off. I take 2-3000 mg in powder form, which I add to my water and the other 1500 mg is from a GNC pill. I've been taking MSM since 3/19/05.

I'm not on the challenge, but I have been taking MSM daily for a little more than a month (1000 mg) I take the powdered formula. I can say that I have noticed a change in my new growth in that it is much softer than it would normally be.

Back