Sorry to say MIZANI MOISTUREFUSE - I'm NOT impressed

taytay86

So my hair is lacking moisture, and since I'm out of Nexxus Humectress, I thought why not try this moisturefuse line - since everyone seems to like it. I went to two different stores to get the shampoo and conditioner. I was so eager, I tried it this morning (without my other haircare items i.e. leave in, moisturizer etc.) and I must say I wasn't impressed at all. It was...blah:perplexed...meh:nono:...come si, come sa:ohwell:.

My hair felt dry if anything...definitely not worth the money or the hype. I'm going to stick with humectress, which is the one true ultimate moisturizer.

I agree with ya, those products are now in the graveyard. That line for some reason does not like my natural hair.

I haven't tried the moisturefuse, but I've tried to new moisturefusion which supposely replaces it and it sucks too. Thumbs down to mizani.

It felt more like a protein conditioner than a moisturizing one. So I don't know.

Agreed - but the joke is, My Kpak Hydrator is DELICIOUS it rivals Humectress. I was even thinking of purchasing the bontifying and fulifying line as it's more of an every day line, but yea...that won't be happening. :nono:

I haven't tried the moisturefuse, but I've tried to new moisturefusion which supposely replaces it and it sucks too. Thumbs down to mizani.

The conditioner is moisturefuse, and the poo is moisturfusion - I found the shampoo was OK, but the conditioner was just, whack.

I used it for a long time and liked it. But then again, I always followed up with Roux PC to seal in the moisture.

When I used it (both relaxed and natural), I put it on as a pre-poo/leave in and slept in it overnight then went about business as usual when co-washing. I did notice a difference... but not when I used it as my sole conditioner. It sucks as a stand alone.

When I used it (both relaxed and natural), I put it on as a pre-poo/leave in and slept in it overnight then went about business as usual when co-washing. I did notice a difference... but not when I used it as my sole conditioner. It sucks as a stand alone.

I was thinking of using it as a leave in, as it's so light...

I didn't think it was possible but it increased my breakage!?!?? I used it on two different occasions and I had too much hair in my hand than I'm accustomed to. It did not leave my relaxed hair smooth and hydrated either. I threw it away.

I also didn't really care for the Mizani relaxer I used 5 years ago - drying.

I used it when I had protein overload recently. And it worked amazingly. But I mixed in some avocado oil, and a little cholesterol conditioner to stretch it. Junk is to expensive to be using by itself.
I left it on for 4-5 hours.

So then I decided to use it in the shower one day for the recommended 3 minutes (really about 7). Blah.

So I did the very above again, with another cheap conditioner treatment, and oil worked amazing again.

I don't know if i will repurchase. I don't think I should have to add extra stuff for it work better for that price.

Blasphemy!!!

J/K Sorry it didn't work out for you ladies...I love it especially the one in the tub, and the botanifying shampoo is great too.

I have liked it a lot, but to be honest, I am finding other conditioners that aren't deep cons that are really making my hair soft and my curls pop!

I was so ready to dive into this Mizani lne and now you ladies have me thinking twice. I'm really considering it especially since it is so expensive!

I don't know to me Mizani is more hype than wow in my humble opinion. I was not all that impressed w/Moisturefuse either. I just bought it cause it was part of the Rhelaxer steps. I do like the Rhelaxer, but so far have been less than impressed w/ Thermasmooth and the Coconut Souffle.

UPDATE: tried is as a leave in, along with my Kpak protein leave in and sealed with oilve oil and my hair is nice now! But as we all agreed, should've have to be adding ish, to make it work - its so expensive that it should work fine on its own.

Adaoba2012: I would buy the small bottles, or even have your stylist use it on you at a salon before buying any large amounts. I'm so glad I did...

Nothing to write home about, but my hair does love it. I have cheaper products that work the same.

Back