Soooo Excited

Hot40

I have been reading this board all week decided to join today.
Myfirst thought was I wish I had known about you ladies three
years ago, I could have reached my goal by now.

Soo Excited to have a support group.
I have been reading several of the post.
I roller set my hair for the first time in years two days ago:yep:
I received a hair cut I hated back in April now I am trying to recover.

Will make a trip to the store on tomorrow for new products.
I have learned that I have been using toooo much heat:yep:
And I do not own any realy great shampoos and conditioner.
I think my hair type is a 4a????? not sure.
and I need to seal??? still not clear on sealing???:nono:

The item that I dont understand is moisterizing?
My hair creates it own oil after about 3 days do I need moisterizers
Do I apply to wet or dry hair.

I am so excited please give me the benefits of your knowledge.
I am planing to start with a stretch -- I am 4 weeks out from my
last relaxer will attempt to go 8-10 weeks so hard!!!!
I have posted a photo of my hair now so please
give me any advise you can think of.

My aviator is of the style I am attempted to get to
at APL:lachen:

Ok so help me tell me what to purchase and what to change.
I have not had a trim since June-- will attempt to stretch.

I am soooo happy to find you all, I just ended my relationship with my long time styliest, has me very heart broken-- from what I can tell she was not helping me grow my hair like I had requested from her.

It varies for everyone, it also depends on if you're barely SL or full shoulder length.

I was barely SL when I started(last november) and I'm now 1-2 inches away to APL. It can take anywhere from 6months-2years.

Last edited:
Wow, there's so much for you to learn. Before anyone can really help you with your regimen you have to determine what your hair needs.

Do you have the proper moisture/protein balance? Does your hair stretch and break, or does it just break if you touch it? Does it not break at all.

What is your hair texture? Are you natural or relaxed. Do you have color in your hair. Your regimen will depend a lot on how you answer these questions.

I hope other members will chime in with some of the things we'll need to know. Once you get these initial questions answered I'm sure you'll get lots of help with your regimen.

moisture...ok. to moisturize to me means to use a butter or cream and put it on the hair(i do it to my ends) then seal it with an oil. meaning to put the oil over the butter.

products you should try: silk elements(the whole line). these products are amazing and are so cheap. you can get it from sally's
shescentit and hairveda products are also great and amazing.

moisture...ok. to moisturize to me means to use a butter or cream and put it on the hair(i do it to my ends) then seal it with an oil. meaning to put the oil over the butter.

products you should try: silk elements(the whole line). these products are amazing and are so cheap. you can get it from sally's
:hiya2: and welcome to the board :welcome: I agree with chebaby......Silk Elements products are really good. I have just about the whole line. And also, if you're interested, dominican products are really good as well. Happy Hair Growing!!

Wow I have some color still on the end of my hair
I did highlights Dec 07, so my ends get very dry looking.
So I need to take care of that but my hair is so fine
in the past any oil or cream products will weigh it down
and make it look greese -- No swing
Can I ad moisture when it is wet before I roller set?

Thanks to all of you
at this time my hair is barely shoulder length.
For several months now I have not been happy with my hair at all.
I want APL and it must be healthy.

Because my hair is not very heavy.
With the color on the ends it gets very dry.
So I need moisture??? I think. My guess is I am a 4a hair type
could have a little 3????

Appears a large part of my problem was toooooo much heat and
no regimen. I would love to hide my hair but tooo short for a bun.
I will make a trip to the store tomorrow for new products
Will attempt to stretch the next relaxer to 8 or 10 weeks
Will Deep condition twice a week -- wil this make a big difference??
And I have been taking Biotin for about 3 months -- need more vitamins.

My hear doe not break when I stretch beteen relaxers
but I have had a lot of shedding for WOW 5 Yrs
I think I must be the fact I had gotten away from Deep Conditioning on the regular.

Hey I will take any tips on Growing!
Does anyone have my hairtype???
I took the photo below to get your opinion on the STATE OF MY HAIR.

Wow, there's so much for you to learn. Before anyone can really help you with your regimen you have to determine what your hair needs.

Do you have the proper moisture/protein balance? Does your hair stretch and break, or does it just break if you touch it? Does it not break at all.

What is your hair texture? Are you natural or relaxed. Do you have color in your hair. Your regimen will depend a lot on how you answer these questions.

I hope other members will chime in with some of the things we'll need to know. Once you get these initial questions answered I'm sure you'll get lots of help with your regimen.

I tried to answe all of the questions you posted.

It varies for everyone, it also depends on if you're barely SL or full shoulder length.

I was barely SL when I started(last november) and I'm 1-2 inches away to APL. It can take anywhere from 6months-2years.

Wow:yep: You give me great hope. Appears to be real progress
Can you give me pointers :yep:
What would you do different ?

Oh Yes, I want to say hello to all of the ladies in the ATL.
Now I know your secret for great hair.

A Support Team!

Hey Yall!!!

Welcome to LHCF... There is not set thing that automatically get you APL. It takes time and patience and hard work and most of all dedication. The best way to start on LHCF is to lurk and read. A great help is this thread by Sistaslick. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84746

I started at Neck/ Chin length and now Im almost APL.

Once again welcome and we are all here to help you.:yep:

I think I should start with a growth aid but the too mentioned the most here I do not understand completely.

OVT -- is a shampoo system I can use twice a week???
MT-- is an Oil?? I should mix with other Oils and place on my scalp??
Is this correct?

Back