I'M TOOOO EXCITED! I'VE REACHED A MILESTONE!!!

Re: I\'M TOOOO EXCITED! I\'VE REACHED A MILESTONE!!

CONGRATS.
clap.gif
Reaching your milestone.

Thanks DSD
smile.gif

Hey Keke, thanks sweetie
Rose.gif
I'm gonna answer both of ur questions here luv...
1) ........... Tendrils...
a) I moisturized all over with my homemade concoction (Pantene Hydrating Curls, distilled water, Hot 6 Oil, glycerin, pure aloe vera gel)
b) I pulled a small section of hair down (think of sideburns)
c) The top (natural hair) curled/coiled up immediately around itself. The lower (relaxed hair) was stringy (as pictured), so I took my (pointer) finger & "wrapped" the relaxed hair around my finger, making "finger coils" (not pictured) so that the length tendril could look somewhat coiled like the natural section......That's it
cool.gif
!

2) ......... Waves....
Basically after applying my homemade moisturizer (see above), I'll smooth the sides down with a baby soft brush (or even a soft tooth brush). I don't smooth down the crown & back cuz it's too much trouble. My new growth is massive back there & I think that I'll do more damage than good. But once my HHB arrives, then I'll smooth the back then
smile.gif

Anywho, after smoothing, then I mix (in my hand) sum 1) pure aloe vera gel, or 2) Proclaim Activator Gel, or 3) Smooth n' Shine Gel with 1) water, or 2) Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade, or 3) Motions Moisture Rich Pomade, or 4) Hot 6 Oil, or 5) avacado, castor, olive, carrot oils. Yep, I like experimenting by mixing products
smile.gif
The lil concoctions works very well at holding my waves all day long
smile.gif
. Hope u understood that long list of stuff above
laugh.gif

Thanks Sweets
Rose.gif
U know how I feel about ur hair(spiration).... it is soooo beautiful
smile.gif
Glad to see that ur back
cool.gif

Thanks Tasha
cool.gif
I have sooooo many pics in that album
laugh.gif
... I figured I'd throw in a lil humor every few pics just to keep the viewer interested
laugh.gif
. Thanks again luv
Rose.gif

Hey Miosy
wave.gif
Thanks for ur kindness luv
Rose.gif
. I'm keeping my new growth moisturized & shiny with a lil concoction. (( Please scroll up to read my comments for KeKe ))
cool.gif

Aww, thank u Lee
cool.gif
Ur 1 of my fav hairspirations
Rose.gif
BTW, it has its "ugly days"
mad.gif
tangles
mad.gif
. I'm gonna send u a pm shortly... Gotta few questions for u luv
smile.gif

Thanks curlybun
cool.gif
6 mths is the longest I've ever gone between touch ups. I'm nearing that mark now. So, once I pass it, I'm gonna b thrilled once again
smile.gif

Thanks Labett
smile.gif

THanks Vitality
wink.gif

Peachtree, I know what you mean about getting to 6 months! I finally made 6 months last month and am approaching 7 months in just a few days. Doesn't time just fly?

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Peachtree, I know what you mean about getting to 6 months! I finally made 6 months last month and am approaching 7 months in just a few days. Doesn't time just fly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl yes!!!
smile.gif
I'm days away too; Oct 19th is my 6th month
clap.gif
I'm gonna celebrate on the 20th
trampoline.gif
laugh.gif
!

Hello Peachtree
wave.gif

I saw a look at ur album and all I can say is.... WOW!! My eyes were bugging out! Your new growth looks wonderful! It's so moisturized and shiny and I love those waves!!

Congratulations on your milestone. It's wonderful isn't it?

And the Pantene is super!! I love that stuff! I used to shy away from their products, but I think they have done a great job with improving their line. Check out their gel for curly hair sometime. It doesn't contain any alcohol and it makes my hair soft while giving it great hold too.

Keep up the good work. I always look forward to reading your posts!!!!
smile.gif
Rose.gif

Re: I\'M TOOOO EXCITED! I\'VE REACHED A MILESTONE!!!

Congrats!I hope to get to that very same point one day. You are one of my hair inspirations.
smile.gif

Thanks CKiss
cool.gif

Hmmm, they make a gel
scratchchin.gif
, for curly hair too?
scratchchin.gif
Uh huh, I suddenly feel the need to browse the aisles of Wal-Mart
laugh.gif
!

I'm gonna try it
smile.gif
I'll let u know of my results
cool.gif

Awww, thanks Silky&Smooth
Rose.gif
Ur so sweet
smile.gif
. Do u have any pics u can share?
poke.gif
I'd luv to see 'em
poke.gif
smile.gif

No, I don't have any pics. I'm really not into the progress picture taking and posting online thing. Maybe I'll change my mind some day.
scratchchin.gif

Gosh, Peachtree, your hair is gorgeous! I wish I could stick to the natural thing, but I am challenged as to what to do w/ it. Anyhow, your progress is so encouraging. One day I'll get the nerve to do what u did. My hair is refusing to relax anyway, so it might be sooner than later.

Natrlchallenge said:
Gosh, Peachtree, your hair is gorgeous! I wish I could stick to the natural thing, but I am challenged as to what to do w/ it. Anyhow, your progress is so encouraging. One day I'll get the nerve to do what u did. My hair is refusing to relax anyway, so it might be sooner than later.

OMG, lol, I was wondering who bump'd this thread up, :lol:

Thanks girlfriend :rosebud: It seems like it was such a looooong time ago when I started this thread... Being natural suits me PERFECTLY.... In fact, I adjust so quickly to my coily/curly/wavy/shrunkened hair that it seems like I've been natural all of my life!

I can't wait to post when I reach my ultimate milestone... bs length natural hair (( I can't decide If i want that milestone "curly" or "straight" )) :cool:

Back