Some women...

FluffyRed

... are ALWAYS snagging good men!

I was at the volunteer gig this week and this man came asking about a former volunteer "Gail." Gail is in her 60s. He said he was an ex of hers and they almost got married.

Gail went on match.com last year and got married to someone else and quit volunteering with us.

But, get this, both dudes are business owners. One has a huge house, one has a house and a boat. Gail is OK looking, does not wear makeup, hair in a short bob and she has a bit of a nasty attitude.

What do some women know or have that others seem not to? WTH am I missing? Or is it just because she is yt? :giggle: (JK)

Do you know for sure they are good men?

Owning a business and having a nice house doesn't mean he's a good man.

I dated a guy who was working on his Master's, had a good job, trying to buy a house all at age 25 and he was a big jerk.

Why dont you ask Gail for pointers? :lol:

Having certain possessions doesnt neccessarily make one a good man. **shrug**

Why dont you ask Gail for pointers? :lol:

Having certain possessions doesnt neccessarily make one a good man. **shrug**

Gail is long gone.

True, I don't anything about their inner qualities, but certain possessions will make men more able to snag women.

I want to know why so many are apparently after this one!!!

... are ALWAYS snagging good men!

But, get this, both dudes are business owners. One has a huge house, one has a house and a boat. Gail is OK looking, does not wear makeup, hair in a short bob and she has a bit of a nasty attitude.

What do some women know or have that others seem not to? WTH am I missing? Or is it just because she is yt? :giggle: (JK)

hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm
sounds a lil like me (but i'm black, or A-A to some :rolleyes: ).
There are these books see.....maybe Gail read them... :lol:

5173R1NQYAL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
51KAy-fyBXL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg

Guess we do aiiiite fuh rselves. :lachen: I've had multiple proposals and I get "good" men w/ $ & houses....but all that glitters.....

LMBBO @ this OP/thread.

Wow, what a statement !!:perplexed

That's not a slam on her age. Let me explain my attitude on it. I am open to changing with hearing different viewpoints.

Gail is my mom's age - but my point is, I don't see how one would make the case to a man on the necessity of marriage when one is not planning to have children.

I don't plan to have kids, and have therefore lost some of the drive to be married. My only reason now is that I want someone to be fully committed to me before I invest fully in him.

The way relationships are today (18 year olds are giving out cookies on the bus for free) a man could easily argue that I'm just insecure. I envision myself just nagging the he[[ out of a future SO to get the commitment.

Why do older couples get married, when children aren't involved? I don't know any. I haven't seen it happen. I'm not aware.

So if I'm wrong, it is not out of malice, but benign ignorance.

Fluffy, children are not the only reason people do (or should) get married.

A marriage, IMO, should be started and nurtured because the 2 people involved love each other, respect marriage, and believe that sharing their lives with each other is better than doing so alone or with someone else. Children can be a wonderful addition to a family, but they are not necessary to validate a marriage.

I understand the logic that a woman pressed to have children may be in more of a "hurry" but I also know that many women are suffering silently and divorcing unnecessarily because they are marrying to have babies instead of marrying because they believe the man is a worthy life partner.

Even after children are grown and gone, it's still the 2 of you...there's still a marriage. So while I do believe that women who desire children should also consider their prospective husband's potential as a father, those who don't should not consider their desire for a marital commitment any less valid on the grounds of not reproducing.

Why do older couples get married, when children aren't involved? I don't know any. I haven't seen it happen. I'm not aware.

My Grandma did it when she was 65. Her kids were long gone, as were the kids of the equally old dude she married.

While I do want to have children, I would plan to be married whether I choose to have them or not. A lot of people are strong believers in the institution of marriage and making a stand before their God/family/society/whomever in declaration of what they consider to be a lifetime commitment.

I think that's a good thing. :yep:

I'm just wondering if the majority of men feel this is in their interest.

Especially men past 30's (60's is not my target, maybe it should be)

I'm just wondering if the majority of men feel this is in their interest.

Especially men past 30's (60's is not my target, maybe it should be)

I guess it depends on the man.

I also think it depends on how they feel about marriage in general. Many of the post 30-something unmarried men I meet do say they're open to getting married for the first time or again. Whether they'll do it or not remains to be seen, but they aren't all necessarily saying, "Heck no," either.

Some might not ever want to get married again, and that's cool. Some might really consider it important and want to do it if they met a good woman.

It's not always about "their interest." They could just feel that it's the right thing to do for them.

Are these men younger than her? Maybe they are 'gold diggin' men. She may have retirement, social security, etc. Sadly, there is also the insurance policy. I did see A Perfect Murder. Dude had a business, lost the money/investments, and thought that his (younger) wife's LI policy/trust fund could cover him.

They're her age.

The one that came by seemed really sweet, soft-spoken, claimed he wanted to adopt a pet, but I think he was just trying to see her. (She did mess with a married man - I wonder if this dude was the one... Checking up on her after he's remarried!)

my aunt, she married @ 50 died @ 70. she did not want children which is why she chose to marry later. she was always one of my role models and i said i'd be like her in the marriage area and wait.

I know quite a few older people that has gotten married. Children don't have to be involved for two people to meet, fall in love, and get married. And they don't have to be young, or even cute to you. Those men obviously finds her attractive and there must be something good about her personality for all of these men to want HER.

That's not a slam on her age. Let me explain my attitude on it. I am open to changing with hearing different viewpoints.

Gail is my mom's age - but my point is, I don't see how one would make the case to a man on the necessity of marriage when one is not planning to have children.

I don't plan to have kids, and have therefore lost some of the drive to be married. My only reason now is that I want someone to be fully committed to me before I invest fully in him.

The way relationships are today (18 year olds are giving out cookies on the bus for free) a man could easily argue that I'm just insecure. I envision myself just nagging the he[[ out of a future SO to get the commitment.

I know quite a few older people that has gotten married. Children don't have to be involved for two people to meet, fall in love, and get married. And they don't have to be young, or even cute to you. Those men obviously finds her attractive and there must be something good about her personality for all of these men to want HER.

"cute to me" is not even part of the equation. I am not into women, so women generally aren't "cute to me."

This woman 1) dates married men and 2) sent a new volunteer - on purpose - to feed a vicious dog alone. If I hadn't stopped the girl, that woulda been her ***!

She is NASTY and I think she is some kinda scammer

Well, a lot of older women are VERY secure in themselves. They exude confidence, they don't give an ish about what everyone else thinks. They know exactly what they want, they don't waste time on anything because they aren't getting any younger. They've been on the planet long enough to know what men want and how to lure them. Perhaps those business-type men are attracted to her for something of the sort.

Well, a lot of older women are VERY secure in themselves. They exude confidence, they don't give an ish about what everyone else thinks. They know exactly what they want, they don't waste time on anything because they aren't getting any younger. They've been on the planet long enough to know what men want and how to lure them. Perhaps those business-type men are attracted to her for something of the sort.

Indeed.:grin:

Marriage is about commitment and having someone to grow old with...it's not about having kids. My dad got married recently (nearly 60) as did my mom. Neither is planning to have more kids.

I don't know any older, single person who wants to just be alone.

WOW is all can say about above. SMH How about people are in love and committed to each other and want to be married instead of just shacking up or giving cookies.

Everyone need love no matter how old you are. It is sad that some people think. No one hear of course but I have heard people say over the yes. Uhhh she old how SHE get a man and I dont' have one. Older women don't have the hang up that younger women have. Maybe the older woman has a PERSONALITY. She has lived. My mother is a widow in her 60's and men still approach her. She is beautiful on the inside and out and she is together. Young and Old step to her.

Back