"Solo" Dates

CurliDiva

Although I’m a very social LEO, I enjoy my own company and routinely go places by myself. Meaning purposely without a date or even a girlfriend in tow.

Would you go “solo” to a fine restaurant? Museum? The movies? Shopping? Concert? Or a Club?

If so, where do you go? How often? Does it ever feel awkward or do you feel totally FREE to do your own thing, at your own pace.

Last edited:
I go to the movies by myself, and I've gone to dinner alone (HAYTED IT!), but that's about it. I wouldn't be opposed to going to a museum or aquarium alone, I just have never done it. And no, I don't think I'd go to a concert alone. That should be a "shared" experience, IMO.

I do it all the time....clubs, dinner,movies, especially shopping ...i like to come and go as i please and lots of people dont understand that, they think i am just being selfish or uncooperative.....I've gone to Miami by myself and plan on taking an international trip alone....i meet tons of people, especially men and i love it.

I do it all the time....clubs, dinner,movies, especially shopping ...i like to come and go as i please and lots of people dont understand that, they think i am just being selfish or uncooperative.....I've gone to Miami by myself and plan on taking an international trip alone....i meet tons of people, especially men and i love it.

I wanna be you...

It's so awkward feeling going to dinner alone because other diners are talking and laughing and you're sitting there doing what...?

Ugh. Pass.

Movies could be cool, but then you don't have anybody to whisper with.

I wanna be you...

It's so awkward feeling going to dinner alone because other diners are talking and laughing and you're sitting there doing what...?

Ugh. Pass.

Movies could be cool, but then you don't have anybody to whisper with.

Ditto, I hate doing anything alone, but I do like my own personal space. I prefer to shop by myself, but I hate eating alone.

I went to lunch by myself today and felt soo very silly..and not just because I almost slipped and fell when I walked into the front door of the restaurant, lol.

I always feel weird eating alone. I'll pass too!!!

Ditto, I hate doing anything alone, but I do like my own personal space. I prefer to shop by myself, but I hate eating alone.

I went to lunch by myself today and felt soo very silly..and not just because I almost slipped and fell when I walked into the front door of the restaurant, lol.

I always feel weird eating alone. I'll pass too!!!

I know... every once in a while I'll pull a solo lunch, but it just feels strange to eat alone. I can eat at home alone.

Shopping is totally different. Lots of people shop alone.

You almost slipped because you were nervous, probably.

I do a lot of stuff by myself because I don't know a lot of people who enjoy the things I do. I have absolutely no problem going to a movie, theater, ballet, whatever by myself. HOWEVER, I tried eating out alone and it was very ackward. I don't think I'll do that again. :look: However, my friend who has a standing reservation at a restaurant for herself says if you can eat out alone, then you can do anything. I think she's right.

if you dont like eating out alone you shoud try going somewhere, where there is a bar as opposed to sitting at a table, that way you can watch tv or something..

most of my friends are attached either with child or with a man so everything has to be planned.....i dont have either. and just wanna go..i love sports (they dont), i like strip clubs(they dont), etc etc...life is just easier....good exampple: an ex-male friend of mine has a friend that plays pro-football and when he's home they like to party like rockstars...i brought a co-worker with me and she started complaining that she wanted champagne and not the grey goose....i was like WTF, you aint payin and ur in VIP!!!...needless to say he told me to keep her arse home...

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think its best to go shopping by yourself. I would go to a museum alone but I don't think I could do a concert, movies or dinner at a fine restuarant. I could do lunch though

if you dont like eating out alone you shoud try going somewhere, where there is a bar as opposed to sitting at a table, that way you can watch tv or something..

most of my friends are attached either with child or with a man so everything has to be planned.....i dont have either. and just wanna go..i love sports (they dont), i like strip clubs(they dont), etc etc...life is just easier....good exampple: an ex-male friend of mine has a friend that plays pro-football and when he's home they like to party like rockstars...i brought a co-worker with me and she started complaining that she wanted champagne and not the grey goose....i was like WTF, you aint payin and ur in VIP!!!...needless to say he told me to keep her arse home...

What??? Girl next time call me. I have a man but we can work that out

And then I'll feel like I'm trying to get picked up... maybe I am :look:

I don't know.

Sitting at a bar around alcohol looks like "coochie up for grabs" or something else illicit.

I go out by myself, the movies, shopping, just out and about. I eat at fast food places alone. I'm pretty much comfortable w/myself, but it took a while to get there w/out feeling self-conscience.

I did eat at a restaurant once by myself before, and people kept staring at me with the "poor thing" look in their eyes lol

Although I’m a very social LEO, I enjoy my own company and routinely go places by myself. Meaning purposely without a date or even a girlfriend in tow.

Would you go “solo” to a fine restaurant? Museum? The movies? Shopping? Concert? Or a Club?

If so, where do you go? How often? Does it ever feel awkward or do you feel totally FREE to do your own thing, at your own pace.

I travel for work so I go to dinner alone all the time. It's either that, or don't eat.

To a club? Nah - the whole fun of the club is hanging out WITH friends.

I enjoy my own company at times. I don't have to listen to someone else's commentary, and it's a great way to meet other people (male or female). I guess it just depends on my mood.

A concert? I've gone to a concert alone (only cuz my friend flaked and I wasn't going to pass up the chance to go to this music festival) and ended up meeting a bunch of other people there.

The museum? Sure.

The movies? I'm not a big fan of movie theatres, so probably not.

:lachen:Next time give me a call!

My hero...lol

I have no problem going to movies, restaurants and shopping alone. Im trying to go clubbing alone. I almost did it last weekend but chickened out last minute.
Most of my friends moved away after we graduated and my other friend is pregnant and due any minute so we dont go out.

I go out alone all of the time. I go to the movies, shopping, to concerts, museums, everywhere and i am cool with that and comfortable.

I've been out to eat alone on a couple of occasions. When it's just lunch, it's no big deal. But dinner can feel kind of "loser-esque.":lol: I've also been to the movies alone once or twice. Going shopping alone isn't a big deal. But when it comes events like concerts, theatre, traveling, etc., I feel like those are experiences that should be shared.

I have girlfriends who have no problem traveling, or hitting the club or bar by themselves...They're literally down for whateva.

Fellow Leo...I definitely feel you on the solo missions.

I've been to dinner solo, but I usually sit at the bar. It's easier to interact with others at a bar versus sitting at a table, unless you wanna flirt with the staff. I actually prefer sitting at the bar, solo or not, unless it's a romantic outing with my man...the drinks arrive ASAP!!!

I've been to the movies solo as well, I usually go to the matinee. It's quieter and not as crowded.

I shop alone more often than not. I don't need other's opinions on what looks good on my body, the mirrors do just fine. I can stay as long as I like, or make a quick exit if I'm on a time sensitive mission.

Concerts and clubs are probably where I'd draw the line. Never been to either alone and I don't think I'd want to try clubbing solo. However, I might consider going to a jazz concert alone versus a rap concert.

My own company is truly the best I've experienced.:grin: Although I try not to deprive others of the gift of my presence.:look:

Fellow Leo...I definitely feel you on the solo missions.

I've been to dinner solo, but I usually sit at the bar. It's easier to interact with others at a bar versus sitting at a table, unless you wanna flirt with the staff. I actually prefer sitting at the bar, solo or not, unless it's a romantic outing with my man...the drinks arrive ASAP!!!

I've been to the movies solo as well, I usually go to the matinee. It's quieter and not as crowded.

I shop alone more often than not. I don't need other's opinions on what looks good on my body, the mirrors do just fine. I can stay as long as I like, or make a quick exit if I'm on a time sensitive mission.

Concerts and clubs are probably where I'd draw the line. Never been to either alone and I don't think I'd want to try clubbing solo. However, I might consider going to a jazz concert alone versus a rap concert.

My own company is truly the best I've experienced.:grin: Although I try not to deprive others of the gift of my presence.:look:

Spoken like a true LEO!

I feel you....I love my friends, but sometimes they have trouble keeping up with my fabulousness. :yep: Yes ...I said it and I meant it!

I have diverse interests and lead a charmed life. I can't wait for others to get their "situation" (money, relationships, etc.) right to expereince life.:rolleyes:

Back