Soft Rollers

chayil0427

Pillow Rollers

Can anyone help me out with soft rollers? I've been wanting to try these to see how my hair would turn out after I slept on them, but I'm not really sure how to approach it.

Anyone use these? If so how and how does it turn out?

Chayil

Last edited:
I've used them in the past and they work well but I wouldn't suggest them because they can cause breakage. The hair gets wound around the plastic part that goes through the roller. Pillow rollers are a gentler option because the whole roller is covered and the hair has nothing to get caught in. Pin curls would be an option as well.

I use them half the time. I use end papers to prevent breakage. My hair is shoulder length and I don't get strands tangled around the plastic piece. But I'm sure if it were waist length, like Pokahontas' hair, though it probably would.

They work well for sleeping, but they make the hair style a little too curly sometimes. In that case, I just wrap my hair in the morning for a few minutes to relax the curl. I also alternate between those and magnetic (hard) rollers.

The picture below, taken 11/20, shows one month's progress from the one in my Avatar. (The little one climbing over my shoulder is my precious 21-month-old grandson. He wanted the camera.

Attachments

• siggy pic.jpg
    siggy pic.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 6
Pokahontas said:
I've used them in the past and they work well but I wouldn't suggest them because they can cause breakage. The hair gets wound around the plastic part that goes through the roller. Pillow rollers are a gentler option because the whole roller is covered and the hair has nothing to get caught in. Pin curls would be an option as well.

Actually the pillow rollers were what I was talking about...not the soft foam pink ones.

Chayil

I agree with Royal Glory- they do tend to make too-tight of a curl.

But I had not thought about wrapping the hair in the AM after removing the rollers...

Great idea- THANX!

Back