Soft holding cream for natural hair.

AFashionSlave

Hey Ya'll! :wave:
AFashionSlave here (I know I don't post much but, yes Im still around)

Im looking for a new solf holding cream for my twistouts. I don't want anything too waxy or heavy, but it needs to hold well. Currently, i've returned to using good ole fashioned black gel, but I want something different.

Any ideas?
Whats working for you guys right now?

I would suggest Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter...I'm not natural but trust me u won't be disappointed

I am soo soory for hijacking this thread but Traycee:spinning:everytime I see your avatar and siggy...I'm mesmerized- GORGEOUS hair girl...:yep::yep:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming, sorry OP!

ORS has a new product called "Smooth N Hold Pudding". I bought it but I haven't used it in my hair yet. It says it's supposed to moisturize, shine and hold hair.

I love love love ORS twist and loc gel. It is not hard at all and has a very good hold. Oooo and adds shine

This isn't really supposed to be for hold, but for me it firms up the ends of my twists....

Hollywood Beauty's Olive Oil Creme (in the tub with the green top)

or try shea butter whipped with coconut oil...

Don't have nothing to add! But just wanted to say HEYYYYY!!! AFASHIONSLAVE!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I thought this was probably an old post that had been dug up!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for the product recomendations everyone.

TRACEE! - YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL! Sheesh!

SignatureBeauty, I've been doing really well.

I really like Afroveda's Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter.
It's very soft and provides great moisture with just enough hold, but it can be a little heavy.. Smells great, though. :yep:

I like ECO Styler Olive Oil

AD: Eco Styler Olive Oil - For all Hair Types - Eco Olive Oil Styling Gel is made with 100% pure olive oil. Olive oil helps your scalp naturally regulate its own moisturizing system. Olive oil helps attract moisture to the scalp, and hold it in. Like all our styling gels, it is weightless and will leave your hair with a healthy shine and superior hold.
Ideal for All Hair Types
Used By Professionals
ALCOHOL FREE
Made with 100% Pure Olive Oil
Maximum Hold
Helps your scalp regulate its own natural moisturizing system
No Flakes. No Tack. Anti- Itch
Contains UV Protection

http://www.beautybasicsupply.com/ECO-Styler-Products-s/781.htm

My honey child's hair creams are the bomb! I used the buttery soy hair cream last week with carol's daughter hair balm. Twists were fab and my twistout is still looking nice.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
I bought the ORS holding cream.
I'll give the Bee Mine Curly Butter the next time.

Happy hair growing ya'll!

ORS has a new product called "Smooth N Hold Pudding". I bought it but I haven't used it in my hair yet. It says it's supposed to moisturize, shine and hold hair.
I tried it but I ended up giving it away. It was great for my hair but it broke my skin out horribly and the scalp itching was pretty bad too.

I'm gona have to agree with the ladies who suggested Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter! I got mine in the mail yesterday and tried it on my twist today. OMG! My hair felts so soft an moisturized! My hair has never had this much shine while dry! This Product is fabulous! I was skeptical at first to i got the sample size but now I'm gona order the regular size:yep:

I just purchased the Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist Gel just to try something different but prior to that purchase I was (still am) using Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream for my finger coils. It provides nice shine and it smells good too. :)

I tried it but I ended up giving it away. It was great for my hair but it broke my skin out horribly and the scalp itching was pretty bad too.

It has mineral oil in it, could that be the culprit?

I just purchased the Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist Gel just to try something different but prior to that purchase I was (still am) using Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream for my finger coils. It provides nice shine and it smells good too. :)

It has mineral oil in it, could that be the culprit?
That's exactly what it was. It was like the 2nd or 3rd ingredient on the list. I should've read the ingredient list before I bought it. But it's still okay because the person I gave it to absolutely loves it and it's not breaking her out like it did me.

Back