So who HAS reached their hair goal

Kamilla16

I was wondering who had reached their hair goal whether it be health or length goals. How long did it take and what are you doing now to maintain or continue?

Thanks in advance and Hi everyone
wave.gif

i've reached a couple of goals, which were: 1) to have my hair long enough to wear in a bun, and 2) bra strap length. i hope to reach my ultimate goal of waist length by the end of the year. after that, i think i'll wear my hair down a little more than i do now. other than that, i don't think i'll change my regime all that much.

adrienne

GOOD FOR YOU!!
I also reached a few small goals like to stop using gel, and controling my breakage. So now all I want to do is get pat ahoulder length and grown my chin layers out
smile.gif

I want waist length hair too! I am hoping to reach it within the year.
Thing is I'm tired of relaxing, think it'd still be possible without chopping it all off??

Almondhoney

I have two goals. The first is to grow my hair past my shoulders (accomplished - YAY!) and the second goal is to have brastrap length hair. I'll probably reach the second goal at the end of this year...oh what a great Birthday present that would be
grin.gif

i'm not sure, almondhoney. i think it will depend on the difference in the textures and if you can continue to grow it without your hair breaking where the two meet. anything is possible though!
smile.gif
it would help if you wear protective styles so you don't put as much stress on your hair.

adrienne

I should reach my goal of even brastrap length by the beginning of summer if all goes well!!! *crossing fingers..

That's what I was afraid of! I was thinking the same thing!

Anyways, do you think that the relaxer would interfere with henna?? I only use the relaxer on new growth only.

Almondhoney

now that is a subject i know NOTHING about. even after reading the henna thread, i don't feel comfortable making any kind of recommendations regarding the henna on relaxed hair. i would page hennajoy and ask if she's familiar. she is extremely knowledgeable and helpful on all things henna.
smile.gif

adrienne

Hi,

I have also accomplished a few of my goals. Got it back to where it was before I chopped it and went natural. Got it to the top of my bra strap and I have about 1/4" to get it to the end of my bra strap. Final goal is waist..aiming for that next year around this time. Then I'll keep doing what I'm doing and like Adrienne probably wear it out more...less braids and interlocks.

smile.gif

<font color="red"> Wow Adrienne
clap.gif
, you go girl
smile.gif
! I remeber when you reached all you previous goals! I can't wait till to come with the big anouncement of waist lenght at the end of the year
smile.gif
. You will need a birthday party!
Congratulation for all your achievements
Sincerely
Zanna</font>

thanks so much, zanna!!

i'm really pleased with my progress. i hope we all get to experience waist length hair (if that's what the goal is)! to even speak those words would have seemed ridiculous to me before i joined the hair boards. now it feels great to dream big!
smile.gif

adrienne

I have reached my most important hair goal: having healthier hair. I am still waiting to see if it can grow to my waist.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

SherryLove35

For me
wink.gif
. 1. More shine+2.Baby soft hair &amp; 3.Less breakage. Happy Hair Growing!
cool.gif

I have reached my FIRST goal of Bra strap. Presently I am very very close to my second goal which is end of my bra-strap. I am hoping to reach my Waist Length goal soon (sometime in 2004)

-lee

My goal is shoulder lenght by the end of this year. My hair is chin lenght and I want it to grow, grow,grow. I love it now. And I want it to be supa healthy. You guys have gave me a lot of good advice. Thanks.

I haven't reached my hair goal just yet. I want my hair to be waist length by next summer. My focus is not only having waist lenght hair, but to make sure that it is healthy and full. What's the sense of having long hair if it's thin and stringy!
look.gif
I'll keep trimming my ends to even it out as it grows out, but my ultimate goal is to have waistlength thick hair if not by next year, then 2005. I'm acheiving another goal and that is to not put any colors in my hair for 1 year and to give myself touchups every 15 weeks.

I agree Adrienne! I saw this girls with a ponytail that hung to her waist. I was so jealous I wanted to punch her in her back!
laugh.gif

Her hair was so beautiful! All I kept thinking is that one day (soon) somebody will want to punch me in my back for having beautiful waist length hair too!
laugh.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
leejure said:
I have reached my FIRST goal of Bra strap. Presently I am very very close to my second goal which is end of my bra-strap. I am hoping to reach my Waist Length goal soon (sometime in 2004)

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

leejure,
I know this may sound like a dumb question, but from the top of your bra strap to the bottom how many inches do you have left? I was thinking it's about 2 1/2 to 3 inches between those points, but I was wondering how much more other people were having to go from that point? Does this make any sense? If not, tell me and I'll try to rephrase the question.

Brownie
wave.gif

Okay, you said:

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but from the top of your bra strap to the bottom how many inches do you have left? I was thinking it's about 2 1/2 to 3 inches between those points

Not a dumb question at all...it's about a good three inches from the top to the bottom on my bra strap.

You said: I was wondering how much more other people were having to go from that point? Does this make any sense? If not, tell me and I'll try to rephrase the question

I am sorry, I don't understand this part. Can you please rephrase?

Thanks!

-lee

Well, my goal is to have healthy bra-strap length hair and I am far from it. And now, it seems that my ends are thinning! I have a thyroid condition and hair loss is expected, but I don't know if this is my imagination or what?
nono.gif
My roots are really puffy, and the ends seem scraggly. I am looking forward to my next touch-up so that I'll know for sure.

Any advice on what to do, if they are indeed thinning?

To be honest, I don't think I'll ever reach my goal
smile.gif
. My goal is to keep my hair healthy and to maintain it and keep it healthy forever. If I took care of it like I do now 10 years ago...I can only imagine how much hair I'd have on my head now
frown.gif
So I learned my lesson...I'll never take my hair for granted ever again .
naughty.gif

I haven't reached my ultimate goal of midback, but I am getting very, very close to it(about 2 inches to go). It's funny because now that I realize it is possible for my hair to grow long I get indecisive from time to time. The other day I thought when I reach midback I'll cut my hair to shoulder length so it can grow out evenly. Then again, if it ain't broke don't fix it so I will just continue to let it grow and once I reach midback I'll ditch my braids.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Karonica said:
Well, my goal is to have healthy bra-strap length hair and I am far from it. And now, it seems that my ends are thinning! I have a thyroid condition and hair loss is expected, but I don't know if this is my imagination or what?
nono.gif
My roots are really puffy, and the ends seem scraggly. I am looking forward to my next touch-up so that I'll know for sure.

Any advice on what to do, if they are indeed thinning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Karonica,

I have a slight thyroid problem too and have found that if you increase the amount of times you airdry the hair, either pinning it up or doing a braid out instead of rollarsetting week in week out, wrapping hair every night, this will help alot. I find the break from nightly wraps and constant rollarsetting has helped thicken my hair alot for me to notice. When I do rollarsets now, I see the difference
smile.gif
Also, if you've not done so already, start taking B5 1,000 mg daily (break it up for 500 in the morning and 500 in the evening). You will notice the hair start to thicken after a while. It takes some time but you'll see a difference which eventually should work its way to all the strand if you take B5 as part of a permanent vitamin supplement regime.

I don't know how you dry your hair, but curling irons are pretty damaging to hair ends too, that's if you do use them. Let me know.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying everyone!! It's nice to see people achieving their goals
smile.gif
I have one mo' question for you ladies...

For those that have made it to brastrap from shoulder length, what did you do? did braids help? My mom does braids and I was thinking a wearing braids to help my hair get past shoulder length. What do you think??

Adrienne how long did yu wear braids??

Legs71 how long did it take u 2 reach close 2 midback length, and at what length did u start out??
Oh, and is mid-back length the same as bra-strap?

I reached Bs this summer 2002, I had a slight set-back but now I'm back on course. I hope to reach waist this year sometime (no pressure) and I think that's 4" from bottom BS. Then I'll just let it grow.
smile.gif

Thanks so much for the tips! I don't use curling irons. I did use those hot rollers once a week for like 3 weeks straight before I had my braids. Then, I used it on Saturday. I dunno.

But now, I am going to pay careful attention to everything I do now. Thanks again!
smile.gif

Back