So, what's ypur BKT?

btrflyrose

So, what's your BKT?

Okay, all you DIY BKT ladies, I've read the threads, researched on my own and I'm leaning towards a certain brand. But there's so much data out there I'm :spinning:

So ladies....

I want to know from you, specifically...

1. What's your Brand? (Make and model....lol)

2. Where'd you purchase it?

3. How much did you pay?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I'm so anxious to get started. :grin:

Last edited:
Re: So, what's your BKT?

Okay, all you DIY BKT ladies, I've read the threads, researched on my own and I'm leaning towards a certain brand. But there's so much data out there I'm :spinning:

So ladies....

Global Keratin 2%; I may have needed 4% though

From Global's corporate offices (but you have to have license to do so)

3. How much did you pay?
16 oz (5 treatments worth) for $150 with shipping

Please see my responses above in blue

So ladies....

Global Keratin

Ebay

3. How much did you pay?

39.99 shipping included for 2 oz.

When I repeat the treatment I'm just going to buy 16 oz directly from the company.

Global keratin, 2% in chocolate.
I got it from the global keratin website. The chocolate does not smell like chocolate at all. It had more of a sickeningly sweet smell. I would suggest getting the bkt in another flavor. I got 33.something oz for $250.00

Global keratin chocolate - have no idea what %

Ebay

3. How much did you pay?

ooh - u nosey! :grin: - just kiddin it was somewhere between $35 and $39 dollars

Thanks in advance for your answers. I'm so anxious to get started. :grin:[/quote]

Global keratin, 2% in chocolate.
I got it from the global keratin website. The chocolate does not smell like chocolate at all. It had more of a sickeningly sweet smell. I would suggest getting the bkt in another flavor. I got 33.something oz for $250.00

It smells like butterscotch actually. I dont mind it, but i wish it did smell like real chocolate - lol

I got Brazilian Keratin Straight from ebay for $50. It comes with shampoo and conditioner with 8oz keratin. I haven't used it yet. It is formaldehyde free so I'm not sure how well it will do on my napps! My sister is supposed to come over this weekend to help me...

I've actually ordered Coppola Keratin Complex, so I'm just waiting for it to get here.

I also ordered a fume extractor and breathing mask. It might not be that serious, but I'm not taking any chances.

I'll be taking before, after and during pics. I'm so excited to start.

berryblack said:
Ehh, it's not nearly as blingy as everyone else's....My sister didn't come over (she stayed at home and did her own BKT!) so I did it myself while my babies were napping. When I get a chance, I'll start a thread with pics.

I know exactly how you feel!!! Mine did not bling so much the first time but I did a second application after 5 days and entered bling city! I'm not sure if it depends on texture or what, but I did not get the silkiness I thought I would, at first. Then I remembered that it "takes" better on naturals after the 2nd treatment and went for it again. Much better!

btrflyrose said:
I'll be taking before, after and during pics. I'm so excited to start.

I can hardly wait! :)

Back