SO WHATS NEW IN DOMINICAN HAIR CONDITIONERS?

taytay86

I myself love Lacio lacio and more recently Salerm 21 leave in. I used Miss Key 10 en 1 in my daughters hair, and her curls seem to love it.

I'm in Canada so I have no clue what's going on with dominican products (can't really get them over here) So I'm just wondering what you ladies still love, or love now.

TIA

I have not tried yet but i have recently purchased a few dominican products from roundbrush.com
Crece Pelo Deep Treatment
Crece Pelo Leave in reatment
Silicon Mix Deep Conditioning hair treatment
Silicin Mix leave in conditioner
Alter Ego Garlic treatment
Salerm 21 leave in

I've been eyeing that lacio lacio with keratin but I haven't quite made up my mind on purchasing it yet. Also, I was able to get products shipped to me when I was in Afghanistan so I'm SURE they can ship to Canada.

Last edited:
I saw this, has anyone used it? What's the feedback?

I haven't tried the argan oil line, but I really like Dr Cabello products, especially the leave ins.
They are made by boe, the same company that makes crece pelo, and all of their products are really great.

But my favorite will always be baba de caracol and unfortunately they changed the formula recently - added mineral oil and cones. So I am buying buckets of the old stuff for now but will eventually have to find a replacement
I used it last night after 10+ days of not detangling my hair and the tangles literally just fell out I didn't have to do anything at all. And now my hair is so light and soft I cant believe they went and changed this stuff it's the best i've ever used

This isn't a new product, but I have to add my two cents anyway.

I love the original Silicon Mix! It's one of my permanent conditioners.

After one try, I was very impressed!

Last edited:
I've been trying to get silicon mix for a while.

The ones that I see never say deep conditioner, just leave on for 2-3 minutes. Is that the one you guys are using?

I hated silicon mix, made my hair feel waxy. When I was in the DR a few years ago I was scraping up lacio conditioners for $2 USD:scratchch now it's kinda hard to buy it in a smaller bottle for $14:ohwell:

Hey ladies, I watched a few videos on Dominican blowouts and I wonder, is this what Kyla Pratt does to her hair? In the Let's Stay Together commercials, Her hair looks amazing...the way it moves....is it a weave?

122811-shows-lets-stay-together-Krystal-2.jpg

I lived in DR for 6 months and came home with just about every conditioner under the sun. Some you will never get here lmao

I still like Miss Keys 10 en 1... I have a large jar of that but wont replace until I go through the other 500 condishes

My fave so far has been the Nacidit Coconit Conditioner. It had just the right consistency. Smelled great, made my hair feel great.

For most of the products I have the conditioner, leave-in and rise. The "Miel y Leche" rinse was good, not great though
Chocolacio is really thick, its pretty good.

Im trying to think of others...

If the lacio lacio has keratin in it, does that make it a protein leave in?

It depends on where the keratin is located on the ingredients list, although sometimes ingredients list can be reflective of the order in which the ingredients were added to the mix. It may be more on the moisturizing side since it is a leave-in, with the keratin acting to add some extra strength to the hair.

ETA: I just saw the ingredients list, and it has both keratin and hydrolyzed silk in it (pretty close to the bottom). I'm guessing the hydrolyzed silk balances it out by acting as a conditioning/softening agent.

{Water, Methylciclopolysiloxane, Dimethylpolsiloxane, Fatty Alcohol C14-C-18, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Dipalmitoil-Etil-Hidroxietilmonium Metosulfate, Quaternium-79 Hidrolized Keratina, Quaternium-79, Hidrolized Silk Protein, Fragrance, Methlchloroisotiazolinone/Methylisotiazolinone, DMDM Hidantoine.}

~~~~~~~~~

Has anyone used Toque Magico Emergencia? If you have, how did you like it? I was thinking of trying it out.

Last edited:
I myself love Lacio lacio and more recently Salerm 21 leave in. I used Miss Key 10 en 1 in my daughters hair, and her curls seem to love it.

I'm in Canada so I have no clue what's going on with dominican products (can't really get them over here) So I'm just wondering what you ladies still love, or love now.

TIA

taytay86, do you ever go to Montreal? There are lots of dominican hairstylist in Montreal and I used to buy dominican products there at the salon and also at a dominican food store near Jean Talon.

I used to ONLY use Dominican products a while ago.. I don't know why I stopped. My stylist used Silicon mix about 2 weeks ago.. And OMG!! My hair was so soft! I'm actually looking for a Brazilian conditioner, by the name of Kanechom... I want to try their Shea butter conditioner so bad. But can't find it in NYC.

healthyhair09 said:
xcuzememiss...you can find the Kanechom conditioner on Fordham Road in the Bronx...several of the bss's up and down Fordham sell them :)

Looks like I'll be heading to the BX... Oh lord just the thought of those hills.. I hope this conditioner is worth it.. Lol

danysedai said:
taytay86, do you ever go to Montreal? There are lots of dominican hairstylist in Montreal and I used to buy dominican products there at the salon and also at a dominican food store near Jean Talon.

Hey actually I'm in Toronto never been to Montreal :( but thanks for letting me know!

http://www.roundbrushhair.com/store/products/Doctor-Cabello-Argan-Oil-Combo.html[/QUOTE]

I was excited to try the above products out and here are my results:

The shampoo isn't right for my hair. I'm not too surprised. My hair is not fond of too many and this one fell in the too harsh for my strands category. My hair looks and is thick but that thickness is made from many, many fine strands of hair. Too stripping. If I ever use this again, I will mix it with conditioner.

The deep conditioner was nice and the balsam conditioner is nice and smell very mild, but the balsam conditioner did nothing for detangling my hair. I had to break out the Pantene Curls Dry to Moisturized to get the job done.

Leave-In is nice.

It is safe to say that I won't buy these products again. But that doesn't mean it won't work for you. The ingredients are decent; I just need my hair detangled.

cutiebe2

I have another question, does Chocolacio straighten hair or relax/tame your curl pattern? I'm not looking for that effect and I'm curious because the name of the product has "lacio" in it which means "straight" right?

@cutiebe2

I have another question, does Chocolacio straighten hair or relax/tame your curl pattern? I'm not looking for that effect and I'm curious because the name of the product has "lacio" in it which means "straight" right?
nope nope nope. yeah lacio can mean straight/smooth but thats not in the product. Its just a buttery conditioner. It smells like shea butter and coco butter lol

Back