SO WHATS NEW IN DOMINICAN HAIR CONDITIONERS?

^

Beautyofnewyork.com << I purchased my products from here with no problems
Roundbrushhair.com

These are the only ones I know to be reputable. Maybe someone else can vouch for a few others. HTH :)

ETA: You can try amazon as well.

Last edited:
Just ordered 2 leave-ins: Baba de Caracol and one from a newer line Pelo Chino. I'm almost out of my Silicon Proteina de Perla mixed with Crece Pelo so this was a necessary purchase lol.

Hey actually I'm in Toronto never been to Montreal :( but thanks for letting me know!

taytay86, Hey OP, I called one dominican salon in Toronto for you, it's called Martha Beauty Centre, phone # is 416-746-3127, address is 2708 Jane St, between Sheppard and Finch. I talked to Martha, the owner, she's dominican, I talked to her in spanish but she speaks english. I asked her about products and even though she does not sell at the salon, she told me you can give her a list of the products you want and she can get them for you.

There is another but it rang and rang, it's called Lucy's Beauty Centre,at 6 Westmoreland Ave, # 416-530-3127. The other 2 salons I called one # was disconnected, the other was a wrong #.

ETA: I found you another!!http://danialatinasalonandspa.webs.com/aboutus.htm

Address:
100 Bronte Rd
Unit 9
Oakville Ontario L6L6L5 CANADA

Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9:30- 8:00pm
Saturday 8:00- 5:00pm
Sunday Closed

Phone:
(905) 465 - 0007

I live in Alberta and the only dominican hairdresser we had (who was a dear friend) passed away last December, so I've reverted to being a DIY. I buy from bluebeez.com but custom fees are a pain. On my next list is a BIG jar of Silicon Mix original (a staple), more Alfaparf, and more Alter Ego. I don't buy anything else nowadays for conditioners, not even Kerastase.

Last edited:
danysedai said:
taytay86, Hey OP, I called one dominican salon in Toronto for you, it's called Martha Beauty Centre, phone # is 416-746-3127, address is 2708 Jane St, between Sheppard and Finch. I talked to Martha, the owner, she's dominican, I talked to her in spanish but she speaks english. I asked her about products and even though she does not sell at the salon, she told me you can give her a list of the products you want and she can get them for you.

There is another but it rang and rang, it's called Lucy's Beauty Centre,at 6 Westmoreland Ave, # 416-530-3127. The other 2 salons I called one # was disconnected, the other was a wrong #.

ETA: I found you another!!http://danialatinasalonandspa.webs.com/aboutus.htm

Address:
100 Bronte Rd
Unit 9
Oakville Ontario L6L6L5 CANADA

Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9:30- 8:00pm
Saturday 8:00- 5:00pm
Sunday Closed

Phone:
(905) 465 - 0007

I live in Alberta and the only dominican hairdresser we had (who was a dear friend) passed away last December, so I've reverted to being a DIY. I buy from bluebeez.com but custom fees are a pain. On my next list is a BIG jar of Silicon Mix original (a staple), more Alfaparf, and more Alter Ego. I don't buy anything else nowadays for conditioners, not even Kerastase.

Awwww thank youuuuuu

I will look into these thanks so much girl. Wow you called all the way to Toronto from Alberta. God bless u.

Looking for Kanechom in the Ft laud/ Miami/ Palm beach area. I know they have to be somewhere down here bc there are a ton of hispanics down here.

Doctor Cabello Argan Oil Treatment DC & Sulfate Free Shampoo

Story: So my hair was WAY overdue for a protein DC :hammer:. I originally set out to try Motions DC (not CPR) but found myself at the Dominican BSS near my house. I asked the woman which Dominican protein DC she would recommend and she grabbed Doctor Cabello Argan Oil Treatment DC ($9 for 16oz). I looked it over and was like, ok looks good. I also grabbed the DCAOT Sulfate Free Shampoo ($5 - 12oz bottle?) as well.

Application: Went home and poo'd with DCAOT x2. Started to feel a difference in my hair. Not that it was over moisturized just didn't feel as strong and running my hands through my hair would leave curly kinks on my hands :nono:. I got out of the shower and let my hair drip as I applied the DCAOT DC from SCALP to ENDS. I used a color brush and parted my hair in sections like I was applying a relaxer (flashback anyone :drunk:) so that my hair root to tip was saturated all over. Then placed a plastic baggie (the ones used for DC) over my head and a Turbo Twist towel over the baggie. Then I went about my business of house chores and errands. After about 6 hours of letting that DC penetrate, I got back in the shower. I started to detangling but noticed I needed a little bit of water to make the condish nice and slick. Comb breezed right through after that but it took a min to rinse completely out b/c I put in half the jar (just like a relaxer) for this one application (heavy handed I am).

Result: I noticed a significant :blush: decrease in shedding as I detangled. When I looked at my hair in the mirror, I noticed my hair color seemed richer, my hair is not dyed, and that my curls were more defined and clumped together -:clapping::bouncy::weird:

After care: So then I put on some Hawaiian Silky 14-1 (yes the PJ in me could not leave the damn store without it - :violin:) which smells TERRIFIC (how come no one told me about the smell :drunk2: it's so good my bf, who rarely comments on my hair scents was like "you smell good babe" :lick:) all over my hair and then sealed with my shea butter/natural oil mix. Slept with a bonnet on all night and woke up to see how my hair looked.

It was well moisturized :cupidarrow: and not breaking :gorgeous:!

Would recommend ladies!!! For my at $4.50 per treatment, with my color brush relaxer application technique, it was WORTH it!

BlackDiamond21 said:
Story: So my hair was WAY overdue for a protein DC :hammer:. I originally set out to try Motions DC (not CPR) but found myself at the Dominican BSS near my house. I asked the woman which Dominican protein DC she would recommend and she grabbed Doctor Cabello Argan Oil Treatment DC ($9 for 16oz). I looked it over and was like, ok looks good. I also grabbed the DCAOT Sulfate Free Shampoo ($5 - 12oz bottle?) as well.

Application: Went home and poo'd with DCAOT x2. Started to feel a difference in my hair. Not that it was over moisturized just didn't feel as strong and running my hands through my hair would leave curly kinks on my hands :nono:. I got out of the shower and let my hair drip as I applied the DCAOT DC from SCALP to ENDS. I used a color brush and parted my hair in sections like I was applying a relaxer (flashback anyone :drunk:) so that my hair root to tip was saturated all over. Then placed a plastic baggie (the ones used for DC) over my head and a Turbo Twist towel over the baggie. Then I went about my business of house chores and errands. After about 6 hours of letting that DC penetrate, I got back in the shower. I started to detangling but noticed I needed a little bit of water to make the condish nice and slick. Comb breezed right through after that but it took a min to rinse completely out b/c I put in half the jar (just like a relaxer) for this one application (heavy handed I am).

Result: I noticed a significant :blush: decrease in shedding as I detangled. When I looked at my hair in the mirror, I noticed my hair color seemed richer, my hair is not dyed, and that my curls were more defined and clumped together -:clapping::bouncy::weird:

After care: So then I put on some Hawaiian Silky 14-1 (yes the PJ in me could not leave the damn store without it - :violin:) which smells TERRIFIC (how come no one told me about the smell :drunk2: it's so good my bf, who rarely comments on my hair scents was like "you smell good babe" :lick:) all over my hair and then sealed with my shea butter/natural oil mix. Slept with a bonnet on all night and woke up to see how my hair looked.

It was well moisturized :cupidarrow: and not breaking :gorgeous:!

Would recommend ladies!!! For my at $4.50 per treatment, with my color brush relaxer application technique, it was WORTH it!

Can you post the ingredients??

As requested L211...

Ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrolyzed Silk, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Dimethiconoil, PEG-7, Olivate, Dimethicone, Phytantriol, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-11, Quaternium-18, Quaternium-80, Steareth-21, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hidantoin, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Blue No. 1, Fragrance.

BlackDiamond21 said:
As requested L211...

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrolyzed Silk, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Dimethiconoil, PEG-7, Olivate, Dimethicone, Phytantriol, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-11, Quaternium-18, Quaternium-80, Steareth-21, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hidantoin, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Blue No. 1, Fragrance.

Sounds yummy:) I love dominican DCs!
Well im a pj so I really love DCs period I will look for this next time im in the only bss in my town that sells dominican products.
Thanks

Back