So...what the next best stand up dryer?

nisha2004

Not trying to start no drama up in here.:drunk: But for those that have a stand up dryer but not the pibbs...
1)What kind is it?
2) How does it work for you?
3) What was the approx. price?
4) A possible hyperlink please?
Thank you!

thanks for this thread :) im still iffy on the pibbs , but i need a dryer asap cause i just broke mine this past weekend :(

I don't think you can get a honest answer on this question. You're gonna get either a person who says their's is the best, whose never used any other dryer, or a person who has two dryers and can compare between the two (like myself- I think it's Hot Tools (or gold n hot- something with "Hot" in it- white w/ purple trim) table top and a Pibbs)

I would suggest you do your homework. Check different ones out online or in person at BSS'. The things to consider are wattage, cost, hood size, if it has hi/low/med vs specific number settings, timer, and the level of comfort that matters to you (table top or stand up) I hope this helps ya:yep:

1)What kind is it?
BaByLiss Pro Thermal Ionic

2) How does it work for you?
The dryer works fine although I am thinking about upgrading. It dries fast (less than an hour for a roller set) and is better for deep conditioning than the heat cap I have. The dryer has three settings I, II and III which correspond to cool, medium and high. There is also an option to have the ionic setting on or off. The noise level is okay if set on medium, loud if set on high.

There a couple of reasons I am thinking about upgrading. The hood is not adjustable, meaning it cannot be tilted back or forward, and the bowl of the dryer is not deep enough. This was okay when my hair was shorter and the rollers I used smaller. Depending on the way I've set my hair (more or less rollers), the back and bottom of my hair sometimes doesn't dry as quickly as the top. I generally use gray magnetic rollers.

I'm just at the point where the drier is getting too small and I need the tilt to be adjustable. My hair is finer on the top and thicker/coarser in the back, so it tends to dry unevenly (top dries fast, back takes forever). I believe that being able to adjust/tilt the hood would help even out how my hair dries.

3) What was the approx. price?
I bought it a couple of years ago and paid less than $100 for it.

4) A possible hyperlink please?
http://www.amazon.com/BaByliss-Thermal-Ionic-watts-BabHHDRIC/dp/B000HFRCLS

I don't think you can get a honest answer on this question.

This is a good point. I replied above to the four quesitons asked but didn't answer the main question of "what is the next best stand up dryer." And, please note that I am not suggesting that the dryer I have is the next best stand up dryer. I think that is subjective and depends on the length and thickness of your hair, the size rollers that you use, whether you prefer a dryer that is ionic, whether you need a large hood or one that is adjustable, whether you need to control air flow or have a cool setting, etc.

Hopefully the answers you get will help you determine what's best for you.

I agree that you should do your homework. I had a gold and hot, an ion and some "fancy" brand (I forgot the name, sorry I gave it away) that had even more watts than the Pibbs. An important thing to remember is that wattage is not everything. I think it had 1800 and I was under the dryer for 3 hours and my hair was still wet. Under my Pibbs (I know this word is condemned from this thread:lachen:) my hair dries in half the time. I think the Pibbs is a good investment because of the air flow, which is why wattage does not really count. The whirl effect of the air flow makes ur hair dry a lot faster. My hairstlist has a stand up dryer and my set still was not dry in over 2 hours. She sent me home and told me to finish under my Pibbs:bat:.

I am not saying that the Pibbs is the god of all dryers but you should do your research. I have read plenty of threads about other dryers who work well. I hope you find one that you are satisfied with!

I agree that you should do your homework. I had a gold and hot, an ion and some "fancy" brand (I forgot the name, sorry I gave it away) that had even more watts than the Pibbs. An important thing to remember is that wattage is not everything. I think it had 1800 and I was under the dryer for 3 hours and my hair was still wet. Under my Pibbs (I know this word is condemned from this thread:lachen:) my hair dries in half the time. I think the Pibbs is a good investment because of the air flow, which is why wattage does not really count. The whirl effect of the air flow makes ur hair dry a lot faster. My hairstlist has a stand up dryer and my set still was not dry in over 2 hours. She sent me home and told me to finish under my Pibbs:bat:.

I am not saying that the Pibbs is the god of all dryers but you should do your research. I have read plenty of threads about other dryers who work well. I hope you find one that you are satisfied with!
LOL Yeah, I'm starting to feel bad about loving it and professing my love it it. We are the Romeo and Juliet of haircare :grin: I can't believe she told your finish under your Pibbs! That's priceless :lachen:

Back