So...What did you do to your hair today?

Well nothing special, i just removed my cornrows, they were matting up too bad... i brushed and combed my hair, applied some shea butter and put it up in a bun, to prep for box braids tormorrow.

I wore my hair in a low bun today with part in the middle. Yesterday I wore it in a high bun with no part.

Every morning and every night, moisturize it well and seal with oil concentrating on the ends.

Your hair looks great and your site is wonderful.

I pulled off my bonnet applied mango butter to the ends, mositurizer to whole hair followed by Hot Six Oil. Put up hair with a scruchie(sp?).

Last edited:
CreoleInDC said:
Mocha...how often do you wash?

I usually wash once a week, but I've been experimenting this past month and been washing every 4 to 5 days. I really like the results, so we'll see.

Yesterday I washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo and conditioned with the new Motions weightless conditioner. Let my hair air - dry 75% then rolled them on huge magnetic rollers. Let it air dry for another 6 hrs until it was completely dry, took the rollers out and wrapped.
Today my hair is so soft, shiny, bouncy and full. I clipped a bit of the front backwards and let the sides and back hang.

andreab said:
Your hair looks great and your site is wonderful.

I pulled off my bonnet applied mango butter to the ends, mositurizer to whole hair followed by Hot Six Oil. Put up hair with a scruchie(sp?).

Don't you just LOVE mango butter? I put it on my ends every night and seal with coconut oil. My hubby says I smell like one of the fruity drinks we had in Cancun. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That boy is stoopit!

Thanks for the compliment on my site. I have a lot to say...lol. I'm working on something now but it's too sad to post right now. Imma wait till something funny happens and start off with a good laugh.

Do any of you have a lot of shedding combing through your hair after a few days of total non-manipulation with anything other than your hands?

CreoleInDC said:
Do any of you have a lot of shedding combing through your hair after a few days of total non-manipulation with anything other than your hands?

I've learned from the experts here that that's normal, and although it seems like a lot since I'm taking better care of my hair, it really isn't. The hair that comes out now is mostly long strands from natural shedding and not so many of the damaged, dry pieces I used to get every day, even on my clothes. Now when I wash my hair, I notice there are fewer hairs on the floor or in the comb.

BTW, last night I used CON for the first time in decades and left the ORS pak (first time use) on for 2 hours. I had the loveliest time combing out my hair!! :grin:

Sorry..off topic... CREOLES in the HOUSE!!!
Back on topic....
my hair hasn't done A THING...i just got out of bed, and MAY NOT comb it AT ALL TODAY!!!

CreoleInDC said:
As to that, I think I read somewhere that you shed approximately 100 hairs per day, so you SHOULD see some hair in the comb...but not in CLUMPS..let me see if I can find the article

Why am I straight LOVING your Secret Squirrel? I think Imma be a Secret Ninja. Ninja's are cool. I always think of dressing up like a Ninja and going to Walmart or something. People walking around..."Doody, doody do...WTF??? IS THAT A NINJA BUYING FURNITURE POLISH?"

Yeah...yeah...I know...I'm stoopit. I'm watching for that thread. Thanks in advance!

CreoleInDC said:
Why am I straight LOVING your Secret Squirrel? I think Imma be a Secret Ninja. Ninja's are cool. I always think of dressing up like a Ninja and going to Walmart or something. People walking around..."Doody, doody do...WTF??? IS THAT A NINJA BUYING FURNITURE POLISH?"

Yeah...yeah...I know...I'm stoopit. I'm watching for that thread. Thanks in advance!
Secret Ninja it is!!!! I'll find you and avatar!!!

Here's one of the articles I found
The shed cycle in humans has not been investigated in much detail, but a few studies from the UK demonstrate the seasonal shed cycles. Although there is an increase in shedding during spring and fall, the number of hairs shed still falls within the generally recognized limits of 50 to 100 hairs a day. So in spring and fall the daily shed rate may be closer to 100 hairs a day and in summer and late winter the typical shed rate is closer to 50 hairs a day. However, the average rate of shedding does vary from person to person. Some people can be high shedders, but also have high rates of hair growth and replacement so they have no net hair loss. To understand your own seasonal hair shedding it is better to compare the hair shed rate in spring/fall to summer/winter within yourself rather than compare it to other people. Whether there are still seaonal shed cycles for humans living at the equator is not known - I would guess not if the changes are due to melatonin levels.

Aiight...that makes sense then. I was about to cut the fool with the amount of shedded hair I saw in my sink this mernin. LOL!

Creole, I love your site! Lots of fun to read...you and Secret Squirrel's posts have me laughing out loud! SERIOUSLY.

I'm so glad I found this site. I actually had a dream last night that I had reached APL. That gives you an idea of how hard I've been stalking photo albums here lately!

Last night I did a condition wash with my Seda, then used the intensive conditioning treatment for about 10 minutes in a towel before doing a cold water rinse. To prep for the rollerset I used the Silk Motions serum from Sally, sprayed in some elasta thermal lotion and a setting lotion mix and did a bonnet dryer roller set.

I just double checked and I'm 14 weeks (!!!) post relaxer. (The last time I did a major stretch was before I got married in October before I discovered LHCF.) As much as I'm trying to limit the heat, I need to hit those roots! I used a blow dryer and a round brush and then a flat iron before rolling up and putting on my silk scarf and bonnet. This morning, I took out the rollers and wrapped while I got ready for work. I still miss my smooth edges, but I definitely couldn't look as presentable as I do without all the phenomenal information.

Grazie mille!

CreoleInDC said:
Don't you just LOVE mango butter? I put it on my ends every night and seal with coconut oil. My hubby says I smell like one of the fruity drinks we had in Cancun. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That boy is stoopit!

Thanks for the compliment on my site. I have a lot to say...lol. I'm working on something now but it's too sad to post right now. Imma wait till something funny happens and start off with a good laugh.

Creole:

I also luv your site. It as some very inspirational passages. You and your husband make a darling couple. Has anyone ever told you that you favor Yolanda Adams?

Last edited:
Thanks Chica. Feel free to pass the site on. I love to laugh at myself and at other people. My sick sense of humor coupled with my Creole temper usually make for some pretty funny stuff.

Good regimen to say you've just started. You're covering all the bases the pros like SistaSlick suggest.

Me...it's cold and overcast here...so I doubt if I move around too much today to do anything. Matter of fact...I know I'm not! LOL!

Imma search the net today to see if I can find a Ninja outfit. I think that would be HYSTERICAL! Can you imagine seeing a Ninja just walking around chilling? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wait! Just got off the phone with hubby and told him I'm going to buy a Ninja outfit...he says if I fug up and roll up on someone like him...Imma end up getting shot at. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Today I washed my hair with my new Keracare Shampoo, put on Fructis 3 minute hair masque, washed it out, then put on a Loreal Color Shines rinse in Electric Black. Then I put in all my leave ins and now I'm rollersetting my hair :)

CreoleInDC said:
Aiight...that makes sense then. I was about to cut the fool with the amount of shedded hair I saw in my sink this mernin. LOL!
KARATE CHOP!!! I think I may has saved someone from a DRUBBING!! No slice and dice this am w/ the ninja sword!!!
Bõzu and Mwe Ka-alè

CreoleInDC said:
Thanks Chica. Feel free to pass the site on. I love to laugh at myself and at other people. My sick sense of humor coupled with my Creole temper usually make for some pretty funny stuff.

Good regimen to say you've just started. You're covering all the bases the pros like SistaSlick suggest.

Me...it's cold and overcast here...so I doubt if I move around too much today to do anything. Matter of fact...I know I'm not! LOL!

Imma search the net today to see if I can find a Ninja outfit. I think that would be HYSTERICAL! Can you imagine seeing a Ninja just walking around chilling? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wait! Just got off the phone with hubby and told him I'm going to buy a Ninja outfit...he says if I fug up and roll up on someone like him...Imma end up getting shot at. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
HOLD UP!!! If you're going shopping...I need a new over coat and secret decoder ring...
by the way...I'll buy your old Kamikaze sword off of you if you're buying a new one!!!

My old sword is actually being held up in court as evidence. I had it mounted about the bed in the guest bedroom and it fell on a guest. My fingerprints were all over it because I'd just been practicing my moves the day before. *sigh* Alas...I'll let you know when they release it to me or I just might put it on eBay.

brownsugar9999 said:
KARATE CHOP!!! I think I may has saved someone from a DRUBBING!! No slice and dice this am w/ the ninja sword!!!
Bõzu and Mwe Ka-alè

I practice out in the woods. Note the many slices in the trunks of innocent yet assuming trees. Hmmmmmmmm.

CreoleInDC said:
I practice out in the woods. Note the many slices in the trunks of innocent yet assuming trees. Hmmmmmmmm.
Yes..while I was investigating....umm ummm VISITING you the other day, i noted the precisely place incisions along the bark of the poor saplings......(always look over da shoulder...squirrel is ALWAYS WATCHING)!!! ...oh..and squirrel managed to sneak the sword out of evidence....chopping carrots right now w/ it!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I just decided to go back to what grew my hair the most so I got flat twist and curls, I will try to keep it in for at least a week and a half, I apply Dr. miracles, w/ mtg and emu oil mixed in 2x a day, that way the hair isn't manipulated and it is getting moisture this = growth in the long run.

CreoleInDC said:
You just wait till Tuesday. I have Superhero powers on Tuesdays. between 2:00 and 4:00.
Ahhh...but I have them on days that end in a Y...:D And then double coupon powers on Wednesdays! Plus...I have super cloaking powers on the days you have Super powers on Tues!

Co-washed with Saloncare All-purpose moisturizer(doctored up with honey, glycerin and liquid aloe vera). Rinsed and towel-blotted. Then spritzed with homemade spritz(glycerin, honey, water, liquid aloe vera, eo) and then i surged.

My hair hasn't been wrapping right lately, so I tried just tying a scarf around it and sleeping on it. I woke up with flat hair. I HAD to curl the ends. Forgot to moisturize. So it looks good, but I don't think it's happy....

I'll do better tomorrow.

Back