So...There's a New Maxiglide. 2 Versions/Sizes Whole New Kit.....

Mine is to be delivered today at my job todau and I took the day off:ohwell:

my toddler allergies are CRAZY i have to take her to the doc

oh well this will be the first time in 2 years that i will be flatironing my hair

I also have the T3 wet dry ceramic iron I will probably use that after for maintanance

I called HSN yesterday, and the guy said that he didn't know when they would restock the new Maxiglides.

Also, I wonder why Maxius doesn't even have them listed on the website?

Damn...I have the original...but I want this one too. love the spirals:love: Do we know what frizz protectant he used on the girl who went in to the steam room?

Just to let you know that I LOVE your hair and your beautiful skin. Is that your g'ma in your siggy or your twin sister :grin:

Hi girls, I have a question for my sister. She's been transitionning for the past 2 yrs and now she is completely natural, very coarse 4zzz type. Even the relaxers were having some tough time with her hair. She's wearing some cornrows for the moment but would like to straighten her hair from time to time. Do you think the Maxiglide is a good choice for her. BTW her hair reverts a lot with humidity. So which one is better Sedu, Chi, Maxiglide? And how many days does that last when you flat iron your hair?

TIA for your help

I have the new one and I absolutely adore it. I mean, its the greatest thing. I love how it treats my ends... They are never dry and don't stick together.

I just received the new maxiglide mp today and tried on my oldest daughter and I love it already. Now I have one Maxiglide MP, maxiglide xp, and two mini glides.

I have got to stop buying all of this stuff. You would think with all these products and tools I have I would have long luxurious hair by now that just flows, but instead I co-wash etc. and put my hair in my Mane clip pony tail and keep it moving:lachen:

Maybe one day soon.:grin:

NOw you all got me wanting the MP and I havent even tried my XP yet.

I love you guys you make me look like a saint to my husband:yep::lachen:

I asked this on another Maxiglide thread BUT

any opinions on the heat protectant that comes with this?
are there better ones?

Last edited:
I bought the MP yesterday at Bed, Bath, and Beyond!!!!! It was $99.99.

I tried it on a few pieces of hair last night, and I really like it! My ends didn't come out all bushy and rough like they would with a regular flat-iron.

This maxiglide is definitely better the 2nd time around. The 1st time I used it, I was relaxed and VERY overprocessed, which caused the pins to pull out many strands of hair.

I can't wait to use this iron in the winter.

I tried it on a few pieces of hair last night, and I really like it! My ends didn't come out all bushy and rough like they would with a regular flat-iron.

This maxiglide is definitely better the 2nd time around. The 1st time I used it, I was relaxed and VERY overprocessed, which caused the pins to pull out many strands of hair.

Are you waiting to grow out or what? Because the Sabino MB might allow you to flat iron during the summer too.

Are you waiting to grow out or what? Because the Sabino MB might allow you to flat iron during the summer too.

I was waiting to grow out some, too. I wouldn't mind flat-ironing during the summer, but it just gets so hot outside (it's been raining a lot here lately also) that the reversion would come quickly. And also, I sweat in my head a lot when working out during the week. Hmmm....maybe I can straighten this weekend and see how it holds up with a good heat protectant.

I don't have the Sabino MB, but I did read the reviews on it (and watched the youtube videos too). I'm tempted to try it.

Wow! How did I miss this post when first posted?! OMG! I didn't know they made a smaller one. Awwww, Lawd! I love my maxiglide and going to have to get its cousin. :)

Aww man! Ya'll wrong for posting this.I just purchased an FHI flatiron this past January!!!:wallbash: Now I really would like to purchase this one. What's a girl to do?

i am tee'd off right now. i went to hsn for the maxi...why in the word is it not taking my cc info so i have to wait until 2night, yall's morning to talk 2 customer service! :swearing:

Update: I just ordered my maxiglide and I'm expecting it to arrive 6/10/08:woot:

Last edited:

Goodie.. I am going to keep checking my BBB store - with my coupon in hand.....

80 bucks!!! WOOHOO!!!
I am glad I waited..... I have already warned my hubby...

I decided to try the maxiglide out again and ordered the XP friday. Hsn sent me a 15% off code since I hadn't ordered in a while so I got the whole kit for $99.47 and that included the shipping and handling. They shipped it today! Got my Sabino too so it is awwn!:grin:

I have relaxed/texlaxed hair. Can I use the maxi-glide or is it really for natural hair only? I would like to get it b/c of the teeth action...

Ok...
So I have the original and my mom bought me the new Maxiglide XP. I was concerned because I figured the original was so perfect it couldn't get any better. I will definitely try it tonight!!!:grin:

ok so where are the ladies that have a maxiglide and have some pictures of their results?!?!? either the new maxi or the old... i wanna know if it really works on our hair before i spend $130... did the pegs on that plate damage your hair at all?

ok so where are the ladies that have a maxiglide and have some pictures of their results?!?!? either the new maxi or the old... i wanna know if it really works on our hair before i spend $130... did the pegs on that plate damage your hair at all?

I just used the new xp, you can look in my fotki...It works well! Just make sure you detangle each section right before taking the iron to it.

I found a 15% off code for HSN. It's C56574. It's supposed to be for first time customers, but I've purchased from HSN before and it let me use the code. My total was $99 after the discount.

Last edited:
DARN IT YA'LL!!! Man, I wanna go to BBB RIGHT NOW to try it. But, if I can get the whole set for 13 more dollars, I may just have to be patient and wait for shipping. TSU, come back to Cashville so I can try yours. LOL!!

I tried the maxiglide before when I was transitioning. I just liked the way my Hai flat iron made my relaxed hair look. Plus, I'm so impatient, so I didn't want to take the time getting used to not grasping the maxiglide tight, since I'm so used to doing that with a flat iron. I really wanna try this though. And now I wanna try that Sabino stuff too to see if I can actually straighten my 4a coils myself, AND not have the POOF!!!!

ETA: what's the return policy for HSN? If I don't like it, I can just return it to BBB. That's another thing that has me afraid to buy it on HSN.

Last edited:
ETA: what's the return policy for HSN? If I don't like it, I can just return it to BBB. That's another thing that has me afraid to buy it on HSN.

I was just researching the Maxiglide since I suck at using my FHI Platform SE. The FHI simply flattens my spiral curled natural roots. I have 4a hair (only 24 weeks worth) and this member's fotki sold me on the maxiglide - http://public.fotki.com/tkj25/2008-02-24/

I think that anything can be returned to HSN within 30 days of receipt for a refund (less shipping charges).

Last edited:
Naturals...which version do you think you'll purchase? I originally wanted the 1 1/4 inch version, but he said that those with tighter curls should purchase the other larger one? Confused...

Back