:::So Sad:::

AnjelLuvs

After 2 month of no perm my hair is starting to break off tremndously(sp?)

I was doin braid outs for the past 3-4 weeks

wish me luck on getting it healthy again

I just dont know what went wrong

I'm sorry to hear that Anjel
frown.gif
, did you use anything on your new growth to soften it?

Im not sure what went wrong either but I wish you luck w/ your problem. Did your hair break at the natural/perm line? Or is it breaking off at the ends?

I do wish you luck. Maybe you are one who can't extend your re-touches too long. Or maybe something from this board will help you to extend it alittle longer.

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure what went wrong either but I wish you luck w/ your problem. Did your hair break at the natural/perm line? Or is it breaking off at the ends?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have the same question...

When do u plan on perming your hair? Some people can go months without a perm while others wouldn't dare go 2 months. Maybe you need to perm it ASAP because the two textures are not mixing.

Okay GUESS WHAT, I permed my hair last night
***wish I would have taken pictures of the new growth, before perm***

It came out pretty/ I mean really really good. Although my hair did break a lil, it is not noticable with the perm.

I was really scared for a minute because it was really hard to comb my hair without a lil struggle I mean comb from the rooots out and without the comb comiung out with lots of hair on it.

I think what contributed to the breakage the most was the laziness I had with the braidouts, unlike other people I did not redo them everynight I redid them every 3 or even more days, so it became pretty tangled. I know not to wait so long again.

Another thing I noticed s that more than 6 weeks maybe to long to wai till get a perm. One thing I did notice was the strength my hair has. When I washed my hair and blow dryed it I would say no more than 10 strands of hair came out, and my ends werent dry/ there was no frizzing.

Thanxs peachtree for the advice from before!
Thanxs to all other who replied

Later tonight I will post some pics

I'm glad to hear that your perm went well. Good luck and I hope you don't experience any more breakage.

Back