So my stylist told me I had no shedding today.....

SweetAKA

:eek: :eek: :eek:
This really surprised me, because before coming onto this board my hair would shed like a golden retriever whenever I got a relaxer. :lol: I ended up relaxing a little sooner than I wanted, but it still came out all good. I was very nervous going in there today, because I didnt know how my hair was actually going to turn out. I didnt want to be disappointed if it hadnt grew or got better from the last time I was there.

My stylist was even shocked by my hair. She told me for doing such a good job at home and taking care of my hair the way we should, she gave me a free bottle of Design Essentials Shampoo and Conditioner (full 8oz bottles yall), and a full bottle of Mizani Sheen spray. Isnt she the greatest? She also told me that as long as I keep it up, and everytime I get a relaxer and it was good, she would try to reward me like that. :grin:

She also used Affirm relaxer this time around, and I must say I really do like it. My hair came out soft and straight, but not bone straight.

I just wanna thank you ladies for all your wonderful advice, comments, and everything. I really couldnt have made any kind of turn around without the do's and dont's that is given on this board. So thanks a bunch. :)

:clap: Congrats on your progress, it's so great to know when your making progress but to get unexpectedly rewarded is another whole party. Enjoy your new products and let us know how they turn out. :cool:

:yay: That is so good and inspiring. I am happy for you. Would you mind sharing your regime please.

Gosh, that is wonderful! I am just happy you have a hair stylist that cares which is very unique. I wish I could find someone like that

Thanks a lot guys.

One thing that my stylist did speak on was about the EQ Mango butter I had put on my ends the night before. She said she thinks that it may have helped with the breakage and in making my hair softer of course. So I will make sure I put that on my head each time before going for my relaxer.

But I guess the washing every week and dcing for every wash. Another good advice that she gave me is to make sure that when I'm washing out my conditioner, to use cool water. I'm pretty sure most of you here already knew that, but I really didnt think it made that big of a difference.

SweetAKA said:
Thanks a lot guys.

One thing that my stylist did speak on was about the EQ Mango butter I had put on my ends the night before. She said she thinks that it may have helped with the breakage and in making my hair softer of course. So I will make sure I put that on my head each time before going for my relaxer.

But I guess the washing every week and dcing for every wash. Another good advice that she gave me is to make sure that when I'm washing out my conditioner, to use cool water. I'm pretty sure most of you here already knew that, but I really didnt think it made that big of a difference.

I saw in your fotki, where you used solar rollers. Nice may I add. But do you always rollerset your hair after every wash or how do you dry your hair?

Adrian said:
I saw in your fotki, where you used solar rollers. Nice may I add. But do you always rollerset your hair after every wash or how do you dry your hair?

I have actually only used the solar rollers once, which was that picture. Usually when I wash my air I let it airdry over night, with my satin scarf over it. Then in the morning, usually the back is still a little damp, I take my blowdryer through it. Next I flat iron it and while I flat iron I bend the ends. Every night afterward I wrap it, which gives it the full bouncy and curly look.

Plus my rollerset skills on wet hair is not good at all.:lol: I can never get the rollers tight enough or either it just comes out looking a mess.

SweetAKA said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
This really surprised me, because before coming onto this board my hair would shed like a golden retriever whenever I got a relaxer. :lol: I ended up relaxing a little sooner than I wanted, but it still came out all good. I was very nervous going in there today, because I didnt know how my hair was actually going to turn out. I didnt want to be disappointed if it hadnt grew or got better from the last time I was there.

My stylist was even shocked by my hair. She told me for doing such a good job at home and taking care of my hair the way we should, she gave me a free bottle of Design Essentials Shampoo and Conditioner (full 8oz bottles yall), and a full bottle of Mizani Sheen spray. Isnt she the greatest? She also told me that as long as I keep it up, and everytime I get a relaxer and it was good, she would try to reward me like that. :grin:

She also used Affirm relaxer this time around, and I must say I really do like it. My hair came out soft and straight, but not bone straight.

I just wanna thank you ladies for all your wonderful advice, comments, and everything. I really couldnt have made any kind of turn around without the do's and dont's that is given on this board. So thanks a bunch. :)

Congratulations on your progress. Where do you get your hair done? I'm in Houston also. You can PM me with her info. if you want. Maybe if I'm good she'll give me gifts too!

Back