So my hair was steamed today

Junonia

I went to a new Domincan salon/spa in my neighborhood today. I got a wash and set with a deep conditioner. She went applied this cream in my head which was thin and odorless. She then placed me under a hair steamer for about 10 to 15 minutes. My hair feels so smooth and soft. I asked her what were the benefits of the steamer. She said that it stimulates the roots. This is the first time I've ever seen and been under a hair steamer. Has anyone had this before? Does this really stimulate growth?

I am going try this again when my hair is 8 weeks post to see if I get the same results.

My hairdresser also uses the steamer a lot and like it. I know some women on this board have even brought one for their personal use which I might do since I don't go to the hair dresser anymore

Hey !

There is a place in Brooklyn that I use to go to and only use thier steamer. I can't honestly say that I saw any real difference. But they say it's better than just going under the regular dryer. I noticed that whenever someone's hair was in pretty bad condition they would put them under the steamer. The thing I liked about the steamer is that I would be under it longer than the regular dryer. Probably for a good 20-30 minutes and my hair was really soft afterwards. I like the steamer. Thanks for reminding me, maybe I will take a trip to this salon just to use the steamer :lol:.

I bought my steamer from beautybeauty usa a couple of years ago. I will try to bump the thread if I can find it. I haven't used it consistently but I will be using it today with some Humecto. I have been really lazy with my hair.

Back