So Many Methods.....

bubblebtm2

Ok ladies,
I'm interested in starting to do the baggie method once I get my fresh relaxer, but there are so many different methods :perplexed . I know the key is to keep the ends moisturized, but what are some of you ladies putting in your baggies??? I read some use oils, conditioner, petroleum jelly, etc, but what works for the rest of you? ALSO, for those who leave it in for consecutive days, what do you do about keeping the rest of your hair moisterized?

Do you put in a baggie and just brush any fly away hairs from day to day?

-OR-

Do you put it in the baggie and take it down at night/morning, re-moisterize the rest of hair, and put it back in the baggie til wash day?

-OR-

Do you just wash out the ponytail before styling again?

I'm just looking for some clarity.

Thanks for reading, but I can't wait for your responses:)

Hey girl!

I wear my hair in a bun daily. While my hair is pulled into a ponytail holder, I apply Elasta QP Mango Butter along the length of the ponytail as well as the ends. I wrap the pony around itself and secure with saran wrap instead of a baggie. I hide the baggie with a bun holder. I wash my hair every 2 days or so because I notice a moldy smell if I go longer. I also use a new 'baggie' everytime I wash my hair.

I have tried using vaseline and other oil based products in place of mango butter but I would notice strands in the baggie when i would take it off so I cut that out. I've tried conditioners but mango butter is optimal.

JCoily said:
Hey girl!

I wear my hair in a bun daily. While my hair is pulled into a ponytail holder, I apply Elasta QP Mango Butter along the length of the ponytail as well as the ends. I wrap the pony around itself and secure with saran wrap instead of a baggie. I hide the baggie with a bun holder. I wash my hair every 2 days or so because I notice a moldy smell if I go longer. I also use a new 'baggie' everytime I wash my hair.

I have tried using vaseline and other oil based products in place of mango butter but I would notice strands in the baggie when i would take it off so I cut that out. I've tried conditioners but mango butter is optimal.

Jcoily,
Do you ever take down your bun in between those 2 day to moisterize your scalp or you just wait until you wash again to reapply your method? Thanks for your response :)

bubblebtm2 said:
Jcoily,
Do you ever take down your bun in between those 2 day to moisterize your scalp or you just wait until you wash again to reapply your method? Thanks for your response :)

No I don't take the bun down. I use a mixture of coconut oil, MTG and WGO on my scalp after it's freshly washed so I'm good to go for the two days.

I pull my hair back into a pony tail and then I use S-curl and some type of oil on my ends ( ight now I'm using Hair Oil I purchased from From Nature with Love). I then wrap the pony tail around itself and then wrap a baggie around that and secure it with another ponytail holder. I put my phony bun over that and off I go. I take my bun down everynight but put it back up when I go to bed. I usually wash my hair every 2-3 days. I put the S-curl/oil mixture in everyday.

I had success with Vaseline on wet hair. I would cover it with a phony pony. I would take my hair down everyday to moisturize the rest but I would but the baggie right back on and sleep in it. I would wash every couple of days also.

i only "baggy" at night or while working out (not every night, maybe once a week). at night - i finger comb all of my hair to the back, put a scarf to cover the top, apply leave in conditioner (nexxus headdress or other favorite) to ends, then put ziplock bag over ends, cover entire head with silk bonnet.

while working out, use the same method without covering with bonnet

i moisturize all of my hair with ors olive oil and seal with wgo. i put my hair in a ponytail holder and add extra ors olive oil and wgo to the length of my ponytail. i put the ponytail in a plastic sandwich bag without the snap closure and wrap the ponytail around the base and secure with another ponytail holder. i the put on a phony bun to conceal the bag. i take this down daily and redo whenever i am going to wear my phony bun.:)

Thank you ladies,

Now that I finally relaxed I can try a couple things and see which one works best for my hair!!!:D This has been very insightful.

Back