So like I just discovered....

landakaye

I have 2 different textures of hair!:eek: The front is really curly and dries curly so is the back but the rest is too through LOL. Also shrinkage is a bitca but I can tell my hair is growing.

Similiar dilema with my hair also. I have a weird combo of fine and coarse hair so I basically have to be more aware what works for my hair. I also notice that my hair feels worlds better when I use a plant protein based conditioner versus a animal based protein conditioner. I love the results I get when I use a product that contains wheat germ protein.

Welcome to my world. It's good that you know. Now you can treat your hair accordingly. One side of my hair is straight while the other side tends to be more wavy/curly when wet. I take more time with one side and also apply more conditioner to it. Overtime, it becomes easier to deal with, just baby it if you don't want to cut it off gradually. :)

Welcome to the club Landakaye! I have two dominant textures as well, soft, loose coils that have little shrinkage and tight, tiny coils that shrink a lot. But I love both textures. The loose coils don't hold twists or braids well and the tighter coiled hair holds braids and twists for days. Several natural albums that I follow have mentioned that the difference becomes less noticeable as the hair gets longer. For now, I'm just happy to have healthy natural hair.:)

I've noticed this too... after I did the BC today...

My nape area has a looser curl pattern than the rest of my hair.

Is there a membership fee for the club? :) Like Pooh, the nape is the loosest for me, the top/crown is tighter and around the ears and the front edges are the tightest.

Back