SO, I'm thinking of leaving Aphogee 2 min in for longer than just 2 minutes.......

Barbie83

I'm ending a 15-week stretch next week and want to do something in the meantime to strengthen my strands. I have used my Aphogee 2 Min as directed (left it on for 2 minutes, then rinsed) and while the results were good, they weren't WOW:blush:.....

I'm thinking my hair is kinda laughing at "light" proteins, but i don't think hardcore Aphogee is necessary.

What do you guys think of leaving it on for about 30minutes with heat? Overkill?

Last edited:
Re: SO, I'm thinking of leaving Aphogee 2 min in for longer than just 2 minutes......

I think 30 minutes is fine, but you might not necessarily need the heat. I just slap it on, put on a plastic cap, and do something else for however long I feel like conditioning (usually an hour). HTH!

Re: SO, I'm thinking of leaving Aphogee 2 min in for longer than just 2 minutes......

I use it as a DC all the time. My hair loves it.

Now you know on this forum we're always tweaking the directions on the bottle. Go ahead and do it longer.

Now you know on this forum we're always tweaking the directions on the bottle. Go ahead and do it longer.

lol aint that the truth. Thanks!

I do it all the time i lightly applied the aphogee 2 min reconstructer then generously applied some lekair cholesterol went under the dryer doer 35 minutes and by the time i came out my braids were practically hanging loose they were so well moisturized, then by the time I straightened I really experienced the strength.

You could always add an egg to your DC's as well:yep:

I've never used it for so long. About 7 minutes max and it did a great job.

I sometimes use it for 15 mins with plastic cap and me likey:yep:

Last edited:

I agree, 15 minutes with heat every time.

I read some where on here by someone who scientifically broke down what the protein actually does to your hair that it doesnt really matter how long you leave it on because your hair can only absorb so much anyways. These 2 minute protein treatments were made because people were tired of sitting under a dryer for 30 minutes not because it'll damage your hair if its left on longer then 2 minutes. Think of it as quick dry nail polish, it says it drys in 60 seconds but thats not really true, and it always dryer if you wait a few minutes instead. So in conclusion, you can leave it on for as long as you want, it wont matter. HTH

I never use it for 2 minutes. I mix Aphogee with a moisturizing DC and keep it on for at least 30 mins.

I never use it for 2 minutes. I mix Aphogee with a moisturizing DC and keep it on for at least 30 mins.

Yep, that's exactly how I use it I mix it with Pantene R&N or Suave humectant and I get really positivre results every time. Aphogee 2 min rocks!

I have been using aphoghee 2 min twice a week after my swim lessons and leave it on for over an hour. I apply the aphoghee throughout my hair and then apply a moisturizing cond over that. Tonight I used silicon mix. I put on a plastic cap and then tie my scarf over it. I travel an hour from swim lessons so by the time I get home and rinse it out, it's well over an hour. My hair is so soft after this even at almost 11 wks.

omg reading this thread makes me feel like ive been missing out, i always like it in for 2-5 minutes then rinse thoroughy in fear of protein overload. lol (embarassed).
my next wash i will def try leaving it in for longer and see my results,

sorry i dont mean to hijack but jus a quick question. should i mix it with SE Mega Cholestorol or SE Mega Moisture??

omg reading this thread makes me feel like ive been missing out, i always like it in for 2-5 minutes then rinse thoroughy in fear of protein overload. lol (embarassed).

sorry i dont mean to hijack but jus a quick question. should i mix it with SE Mega Cholestorol or SE Mega Moisture??

Mix it with the Mega Moisture ...mixing it with the cholesterol would be too much protein

I left mine on for about 20 mins. today then followed up with SE MM :lick:

Thanks ladies, I'm gonna mix it with my moisturizing cond. the next time.

hmm I may try mixing it with a DC as well...I never thought of that

Back