So I finally got my professional trim and...

Fine 4s

a lot of it came off. I'm back to full APL and just brushing BSL (not enough to claim it). A lot of my heat damage is GONE GONE GONE. Ya'll my hair SHRINKS a lot now AND reaches my collarbone unstretched! I rocked a fro from the salon to my home for the first time ever. The looks in the street …priceless.

So, in response to this DEEP trim, I ran off to Whole Foods and bought some sea weed to snack on, some Bragg ACV to take internally and I'm back on my growth bandwagons. I have to finish up with my MN and I might consider MTG. Also I’ll be back on the Vits. I should really take some pics now to track this growth b/c I want to be back past BSL by Jan 09 and by summer 09, MBL.

My experience at the salon:

My stylist commented that my hair grew a lot and was long. He asked me where I learned about hair care techniques and I answered LHCF. He was genuinely interested in learning and allowed me to use my own DC before trimming. He also asked me what shampoo I was using and I responded that I don't use shampoo anymore. He looked so shocked and said "what do you use then?" I said I wash with conditioner (for some extra fun, I added that sometimes I just use baking soda) and he goes "dang, I would think you were from Fiji wrapping your hair in bananas" LOL. So I guess that was a compliment ? Too bad I did not have my bone combs because although it was a wide tooth, he was raking through my semi dry hair. That was my fault though, I didn’t have time to untangle well, wet and apply my DC to my whole head as planned. And b/c I was very late, we were rushing. Next year the trimming process will be better.

Oh, I watched a permed head, get a wash and blow and boy oh boy am I happy to give up that marcel stove. I don’t think I want that thing NEAR my head. I hope there’s a flat iron out there that can get my lil’ “B” strands straight cuz uhhhhmmm….

Good for you. I trimmed a few days ago and I don’t regret it, although I lost some length. For me, there is no point rushing to get length if the ends look busted. So, I’ll go the slow road and my hair looks much better as a result :yep:.

Ha about his banana comment.

I'm one of those posters that don't have a digi cam so don't even bother opening my emails if you're waiting for a pic. I'll come around soon enough though...BUT in all fairness the meat of this post doesn't NEED a pic does it? :ohwell:

Back