So..how do I use egg as a protein?

Curly83

Hi,

I'm new to the site. I have been natural for a little over a year. I found out the hard way that my hair is protein sensitive. So, I've been staying away from protein and focusing on moisturizing. I currently have a sew in now, but when I take down...I know my hair will need some type of moisture/protein treatment for both dryness and strength. I was thinking of making something. Let me know what you ladies think:

-good moisturizing conditioner (haven't decided on which one to use yet)
-honey
-castor oil
-egg

So, do you just crack open a egg and mix it in with what I listed below? Also, is egg a lighter protein than using something else?

Yes you just crack the egg and mix it in. I'm not sure how strong of a protein it is.

Yes, you can just mix it with everything else. How strong of a protein it is I think really depends on your hair. Do you have fine hair? If you have fine hair, along with your protein sensitivity, your hair might take it like a strong protein. My hair is about medium, and it really likes protein, so my hair reacts to egg treatments as though they are light protein.

Yes, you can just mix it with everything else. How strong of a protein it is I think really depends on your hair. Do you have fine hair? If you have fine hair, along with your protein sensitivity, your hair might take it like a strong protein. My hair is about medium, and it really likes protein, so my hair reacts to egg treatments as though they are light protein.

My hair is 3c/4a. I would say its fine, but just a lot of strands (very dense). I may just try adding more of the moisture ingredients so the egg isn't to strong. Thanks!

if you want a protein treat that's pretty strong, mix it with some plain yogurt.
if you want a moisture/protein balanced DC, break it into some of your favorite conditioner, preferably one that's creamy/thick.
make sure your hair is relatively dry before applying it, you don't want egg dripping down into your eyes.
i love eggs for protein!!

Girl whatever you do, don't use hot nor warm water to rinse. I'm just saying. What I use instead of an actual egg is cheap mayonaise. Mayonaise has lots of eggs in it and it rinses better. It leaves my natural hair so luxurious.

Yep, that's EXACTLY how I incorporate eggs as protein... and I would think the fact that you're mixing it with a moisturizing condish should take the "edge" off the protein.

Eggs are great for protein treatment...the few times I have messed with my hair lol :lachen:yes I've been slacking...I have done an egg treatment every once in awhile and it leaves ur hair soft and strong..

It can be VERY VERY MESSY so mix it with something thick

Eggs are great for protein treatment...the few times I have messed with my hair lol :lachen:yes I've been slacking...I have done an egg treatment every once in awhile and it leaves ur hair soft and strong..

It can be VERY VERY MESSY so mix it with something thick

I agree and dont rinse with water thats too warm or you'll end up with scambled egg in your hair :lol:

I would love to try using eggs as a protein treatment again but last time I tried seems like the egg cooked some on my head :look: it had peices of thick kinda like yolk from a boiled egg.

Any tips? Should I not have used heat?

Girl whatever you do, don't use hot nor warm water to rinse. I'm just saying. What I use instead of an actual egg is cheap mayonaise. Mayonaise has lots of eggs in it and it rinses better. It leaves my natural hair so luxurious.

O wow..so can this treatment be used w/out sitting under a drier? :ohwell: :look:

Hi,

I'm new to the site. I have been natural for a little over a year. I found out the hard way that my hair is protein sensitive. So, I've been staying away from protein and focusing on moisturizing. I currently have a sew in now, but when I take down...I know my hair will need some type of moisture/protein treatment for both dryness and strength. I was thinking of making something. Let me know what you ladies think:

-good moisturizing conditioner (haven't decided on which one to use yet)
-honey
-castor oil
-egg

So, do you just crack open a egg and mix it in with what I listed below? Also, is egg a lighter protein than using something else?

First of all, welcome!:yep:
I love it here~ I've learned so much. I am protein sensitive as well, so an occasional egg treatment or Aphogee 2 min reconstructor is all I can take. When I use an egg for protein, I just mix mine with Amla oil and apply as a prepoo. I leave it on for about 30mins to an hour, rinse well, then proceed to shampooing & deep condition. I love it. It strengthens and softens. Your ingredients listed sounds like it would be strengthening and moisturizing as well

I would love to try using eggs as a protein treatment again but last time I tried seems like the egg cooked some on my head :look: it had peices of thick kinda like yolk from a boiled egg.

Any tips? Should I not have used heat?

Yeah you should not use heat when you use egg. You don't sit under the dryer and you have to rinse it out with luck warm water.

I use egg once a week. I sometimes rinse with water that is too warm and have some bits of scrambled egg in my hair. I just rinse those out and keep it moving :grin:.

Back