So enough talk about cond...what are the good shampoos?

Oh boy ... I gotta go search for the Bio-Recharge now. :wallbash::wallbash: I love love love all of Kerastase's shampoos. Ballet ... you always have different Kerastase lines where you live than the US has ... you are soooo lucky!!!! What conditioner are you using after the Bio-Recharge?

I follow up with Nutridefense. However, the last couple of times I had to use Ciment Anti-Usure . I like to coat my ends with Age Recharge the night before I wash.

I agree. I think it is called Pure Moisture now since they repackaged.

Roux shampoos are good. The Alpha 5 in 1 VERY MUCH like the original CON. The Porosity Control shampoo from the line is nice,too, if you don't like CON ( like me :look:)

My favorite shampoo is Activate Hydrating, which is now discontinued like the original CON, but I have enough to last a very long time (:sekret:)

Ooooh girl, I forgot all about this shampoo. I have this one and it is amazing. It really is a 5 in 1 shampoo and you really don't have to use a conditioner after washing it out. :yep: I Love this one too!

I have yet to find that shampoo that I just love...

And you know, when I finally found one, Activate Hydrating, it got discontinued. :look:

Ooooh girl, I forgot all about this shampoo. I have this one and it is amazing. It really is a 5 in 1 shampoo and you really don't have to use a conditioner after washing it out. :yep: I Love this one too!

I introduced this one to my mom after she gave up on her hit or miss shopping trips to locate CON. She tells me now that she thinks the Roux 5in1 is BETTER than CON. Not every place sells it though, which stinks. But it only comes in liters so it tends to last a long time.

Last edited:
I have yet to find that shampoo that I just love...

Me either. So i dont shampoo:look:. Shampoos make me hair very very very dry and stripped. I have never used one that hasnt done this yet. I clarify every 2 weeks and just co wash. I would love to find a shampoo that i like....

Hope this isn't a double post.:look:

I've reviewed several but the line I trust EXCLUSIVELY for my hair is Organix.

They are SLS free but contain coco betaine so they can remove the toughest silicones! ^_^

i love wen, con red lable, and paul mitchell the wash(nothing can beat this).

with that said right now i only use wen, but i will never get rid of my the wash.

I absolutely love CON (original) and I can still find it in my local BSS...they have both the new and old.

I shampoo once or twice a week. I rotate between the following:

Abba moisture scentsation-love the tingle and softness
Giovanni Smooth As Silk-makes hair feel satiny
Elasta Conditioning Shampoo--great for the price
DHD Moist--great, very conditioning
DHD Clean--wonderful clarifier
Mizani Butter Blends Chelating/Neutralizing--very moisturizing!
Keracare Shampoo for color treated hair-good stuff
Ovation shampoo for color treated hair

What does DHD stand for? Do all of these shampoos detangle? I know KeraCare and Elasta QP do.

What does DHD stand for? Do all of these shampoos detangle? I know KeraCare and Elasta QP do.

DHD by Nat Lewis. Great stuff! I got it because Reneice praised it highly and she was right this stuff is so conditioning (slip, silk, softness, detangles amazingly--feels like a conditioner rather than a shampoo).

It's slowly becoming more about the conditioners for me too but in answer to the OP's question, the ones that do work for me right now are Creme of Nature Green or red label (no sulfates), Mizani Botanifying shampoo, Elucence Moisture shampoo (no sulfates and a little goes a very long way), and Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo.

**I do want to try Abba Creme Moist poo which also has no sulfates. In fact I want to try the whole natural Abba line. I think Mastey is a great natural line as well so I will be looking more into that one too**.

Has anyone here tried Alterna products?
Elucence is my staple. :love5: It's all I have really been using for the last year. I am trying to transition to Baking Soda only.

I really am going to have to try the Aveda Damage Remedy - I always read such great raves and reviews about it. I use Phytojoba, Ojon Ultrahydrating, and ORS Olive Neutralizing shampoo. I shampoo twice a week and co-wash on the other days.

Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo and Trader Joe's Spa Nourish are my staples. Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo is nice too.

Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo! Add a little bit of baking soda and you have a moisturizing shampoo that clarifies without stripping your hair. :yep:

Back