So enough talk about cond...what are the good shampoos?

CON green original formula: This is the best. When I run out and can't get it anymore I guess I'll go back to Aveda Damage Remedy which was good but pricey.
Cristophe Purely Natural poos (clarifyng & daily)

i love cream of nature detangling conditioning, mizani botanifying, elasta qp for relaxed hair, and giovanni smooth as silk

I only use one of the following (if) I shampoo:

Ovation Color Therapy Shampoo

Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo - very good, does not strip

Nioxin Cleanser #3 for Chemically Enhanced Hair, peppermint based, does not strip

bump. how often do you ladies shampoo. I'm on a 4 week streak co washing. yay me! but i do plan to shampoo soon. I was thinking nuetrogena triple moisture shampoo. but haven't heard much about it.

I shampoo once a week. Funny, last winter I shampood w/ CON and DC'd twice per week and I had a really good growth streak. I may go back to that this winter.

For all ya'll that recommends con(original version)........hasn't it been discontinued?

Yep. They changed the formula to that so called organic stuff with the added sulfates. There are still original bottles available at some stores though.

I purchased a lot of them but I'm scared to purchase anymore because I don't want them to go bad.

And to answer the OP, I used CON green or red and ABBA moisture scentscations (sp?)

Last edited:
From personal experience, these are the best(in order of preference and what I use most often). The last 2 product lines are not in my rotation any longer. Which of the three I use is determined by what my hair needs, but they(Bain bio, Oleo and Satin ... ) NEVER fail me!

I just started using the Kerastase- Bain Bio-Recharge Dry Hair in the past 2 months. This shampoo is a dream. My hair feels like moist silk afterwards and it is well detangled - ALWAYS!

Currently Using

Kerastase
- Bain Bio-Recharge Dry Hair
- Bain Oléo-Relax
- Bain Satin 3 (Nutritive)

NOT In My Regimen Anymore

MyHoneyChild- Organic Shea Butter Scalp Cleanser

Mane n Tail - Gentle Clarifying Shampoo

Last edited:
I just bought the CON but it's the new bottles (yellow) and it's kiwi & citrus ultra moisturizing. I'll get to try it at the end of this week but, I too remember using the original one back in the day and it doing the job and the smell is all that!

bump. how often do you ladies shampoo. I'm on a 4 week streak co washing. yay me! but i do plan to shampoo soon. I was thinking nuetrogena triple moisture shampoo. but haven't heard much about it.

Since I've been on the cowashing mission I only poo once a week unless my hair is feeling like it is filmy.

Creme Of Nature (CON)......Green or red bootle. That shampoo can detangle the mess out of my head!!!!! Great slip too!!!

Another great Shampoo that is inexpensive is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration!!!! :lick:
I second Creme of Nature (the one with the green writing). I used it for the first time last week and I'm hooked! It doesn't have SLS in it either which is another big plus for me. :yep:

Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. Every time I get bored and try to move on to something else I keep comming back to this, and this has been going on for about a year and a half now.

I have to clarify though and right now I'm using the Christophe Clarifying Poo.

From personal experience, these are the best(in order of preference and what I use most often). The last 2 product lines are not in my rotation any longer. Which of the three I use is determined by what my hair needs, but they(Bain bio, Oleo and Satin ... ) NEVER fail me!

I just started using the Kerastase- Bain Bio-Recharge Dry Hair in the past 2 months. This shampoo is a dream. My hair feels like moist silk afterwards and it is well detangled - ALWAYS!

Currently Using

Kerastase
- Bain Bio-Recharge Dry Hair
- Bain Oléo-Relax
- Bain Satin 3 (Nutritive)

Oh boy ... I gotta go search for the Bio-Recharge now. :wallbash::wallbash: I love love love all of Kerastase's shampoos. Ballet ... you always have different Kerastase lines where you live than the US has ... you are soooo lucky!!!! What conditioner are you using after the Bio-Recharge?

I like Abba moisture scentsation. It doesn't strip my hair and it is sulfate free...

I agree. I think it is called Pure Moisture now since they repackaged.

Roux shampoos are good. The Alpha 5 in 1 VERY MUCH like the original CON. The Porosity Control shampoo from the line is nice,too, if you don't like CON ( like me :look:)

My favorite shampoo is Activate Hydrating, which is now discontinued like the original CON, but I have enough to last a very long time (:sekret:)

P44005_hero.jpg

I shampoo once or twice a week. I rotate between the following:

Abba moisture scentsation-love the tingle and softness
Giovanni Smooth As Silk-makes hair feel satiny
Elasta Conditioning Shampoo--great for the price
DHD Moist--great, very conditioning
DHD Clean--wonderful clarifier
Mizani Butter Blends Chelating/Neutralizing--very moisturizing!
Keracare Shampoo for color treated hair-good stuff
Ovation shampoo for color treated hair

Back