So enough talk about cond...what are the good shampoos?

cookie1

I've been in a conditioner craze since joining this forum. I love trying the different ones out b/c even the flat ones can be mixed w/ coconut milk or whatever to get better results. I noticed that I have all of these conditioners and only 3 main shampoos. I have one for clarifying (mizani), profectiv stimulating growth, & kerra's dry & itchy scalp.

I'm looking for suggestions on good moisturizing poos. I was going to try the hydrathermals but, didn't see enough good reviews. What's your favorite moisturizing poo?

:feedback:

Creme Of Nature (CON)......Green or red bootle. That shampoo can detangle the mess out of my head!!!!! Great slip too!!!

Another great Shampoo that is inexpensive is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration!!!! :lick:

whats that?
:lachen:

Sorry just joking, but I swear I dont have one to rave about, will keep my eye on this thread tho

its all about the conditioners for me:spinning:

well actually when I did poo

I loved, Motions Lavish and Nexxus Therapee, and I really loved this other one I THINK it was kerasilk , all of these I would use again:yep:

Last edited:
Creme Of Nature (CON)......Green or red bootle. That shampoo can detangle the mess out of my head!!!!! Great slip too!!!

Another great Shampoo that is inexpensive is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration!!!! :lick:

Cosigning, CON is the bomb, i haven't tried Herbal Essence Hello Hydration tho.

My favorite is Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. I have CON (green label), but I actually find it very stripping. Trader Joe's is milder imo.

I am a co-wash addict but lately my ng has been unmanageable so I started pooing again to try and detangle some of that mess. so my picks are...............................................

1. CON green :as mentioned earlier this stuff can unloc a loc!!:lachen:It gives amazing slip and helps me stretch longer by loosening those "Naps":blush:

2. Keracare Moisturizing Poo: this stuff does a great job also. When the CON scare was on a while back I knew I could depend on this one to pull me out of the trenches. It really detangles well and still leaves moisture in your hair

3. Aveda Dry Remedy: The Shampoo has buruti oil in it and it is THICK! The shampoo is more like a conditioner and I LOVE the smell. It coats your hair in moisture but leaves no residue. It really moisturizes well. a definite winner.

4. Joico silk Poo: This has sulfates but girl... when you use the con with it. It leaves your hair crazy soft. After rollersetting my curls were flyaway with a lot of bounce. The relaxed hair was noticebly finer and smoother. So it must lay the cuticle down!!!

I sure have been trying a lot of poo's:ohwell:

anyhoo hope this helps

whats that?
:lachen:

Sorry just joking, but I swear I dont have one to rave about, will keep my eye on this thread tho

its all about the conditioners for me:spinning:

It's slowly becoming more about the conditioners for me too but in answer to the OP's question, the ones that do work for me right now are Creme of Nature Green or red label (no sulfates), Mizani Botanifying shampoo, Elucence Moisture shampoo (no sulfates and a little goes a very long way), and Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo.

**I do want to try Abba Creme Moist poo which also has no sulfates. In fact I want to try the whole natural Abba line. I think Mastey is a great natural line as well so I will be looking more into that one too**.

Has anyone here tried Alterna products?

I use Proclaim Shea and Aloe!!! I have never had another poo I liked....and I tried CON...it was the first one I used to use ....eh nothing to rave about.

Also ORS Creamy Aloe is very very good too.

Aveda Damage Remedy is my absolute favorite. I will, however, try some of the others mentioned, when I'm done.

NTM cream lather shampoo is really good. I have tried darn near everything and this has been the best find for me to date. It is now my staple shampoo.

I guess I need to try CON

Again

I remember posts on build up with this , I think thats why I started to pass it up, I DO remember how it worked though :yep:

Anything Abba. I use Pure Gentle (for sensitive scalps), but the Pure Curl and Pure Shine shampoos are great too.

I'm a big fan of Giovanni shampoos (especially the Golden Wheat one--very good at getting rid of product buid-up but yet still gentle) because they are sulfate-free and smell really good. The golden wheat actually makes your scalp tingle because of the natural minty oils in it.

I love NTM shampoo. Recently I got a sample of Kids Organics shampoo for my daughter (smells like grape). It is very moisturizing and leaves hair incredibly soft. It has olive oil and other great conditioning properties. I dunno about sulfates. I use what works for me.

bump. how often do you ladies shampoo. I'm on a 4 week streak co washing. yay me! but i do plan to shampoo soon. I was thinking nuetrogena triple moisture shampoo. but haven't heard much about it.

Back